Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Looks like Manichean is still a Zoroastrian heresy.

Also holy poo poo, looks like the Uyghurs have a pretty big realm now. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Oh man, I'm glad I never got far with my map changes for my Rise of Islam mod since they literally did what I was going to do.

Less work for me I guess. :v:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Torrannor posted:

What's up with the portrait borders that indicate rank? Seems like they are overhauled to be more colourful.

They've changed them so you can easily tell who is what government type.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I think the fix is to nerf the penalties so it becomes a nasty reminder and/or a badge of honour.

Maybe if it gave a +20 bonus to people with Kinslayer as well since they understand the struggle as much as you.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Ooh, Kin Avenger would be a cool trait to earn for killing someone with the Kin Slayer trait.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

mythomanic posted:

HIP changes a lot of poo poo. I like it, but it does have a completely new map that's missing India but has like 200 extra provinces.

Well that's loving stupid. Why not just keep India in if you're going to bloat up Europe anyways?

Oh wait, because they're xenophobes, that's why.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Midnight Voyager posted:

And the actual reason they took India out was... actually, they didn't, the map was made before India ever happened and they just never updated it. Plenty of xenophones in Paradox forums, I know, but this one's just a case of "can't be arsed to update it for another subcontinent."

Ah, so they're just lazy fucks, got it.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

I Love Annie May posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you.

HIP is poo poo. :colbert:

I mean, it's cool that a bunch of mods were semi-merged together for maximum compatibility but holy hell is it unfun to play with all of them.

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

I Love Annie May posted:

Aren't you the guy who's making a late antiquity byzantophile mod? If so then why didn't you release it already? Maybe you're just that lazy.

Yes, I am. :smug:

Also, it's not a Byzantophile mod, you retard. It's an Islamophile mod.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Damnit, I wish next week would get here sooner so I can get back to work on Rise of Islam.

Also, I hope I don't have to redo too much. :gonk:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Torrannor posted:

That event might give you an opinion boost with that son, but I'm not sure. Hover over the opinion display in each son's character page and check if it says something like "promised me a title +10".

:yeah:

Check for that. I'm pretty sure he's right.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

WilliamAnderson posted:

There are no Greeks in this timeline.

Why aren't there any Greeks in the Central Valley of California?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Schizotek posted:

Nah. All cultures and ancient dynasties had dumb founding myths. Just in Steppe culture it was pretty much always "I'm 1/16th wolf". Given how large the steppe is, and the span of time between all the different dynasties that came up with it it's kinda weird.

:thejoke:

he was talking about Rome :ssh:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Strudel Man posted:

It's time to remove the :thejoke: smilie. Long apparent that we cannot use it properly.

People get really butthurt about that smilie. :confused:

AdjectiveNoun posted:

And Schizotek was saying the steppe usage of that myth was distinctive because it was so common and widespread particularly for such a large area and time period. Like imagine if all across the Mediterranean and Western Europe, people continually used the 'City founder nursed by a wolf myth' from 200 BC to 800ish AD. That's the scale we're talking about with the steppe usage of wolf myths.

So what? It sounds like a cool trait.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Just because it's a trait doesn't mean everyone will have it.

In fact, has anyone ever gotten the Reincarnation trait before?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Paranoid Dude posted:

Holy wow, I just started playing the After the End Mod, and it's absolutely perfect.

Except for the fact that some characters have an invisible-man thing going on, but absolutely perfect in every other aspect!

Looks like someone doesn't have all the portrait packs.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Holy loving poo poo guys, it's not even 10 AM PST yet, which is usually when content drops. I'm expecting it to not work until then.

Just because you can pre-purchase something doesn't mean it's going to upload faster.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
God damnit I can't wait to get off work.

All this poo poo looks so cool, I can't wait to add this stuff to my mod.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Dareon posted:

I kind of want to see an enterprising modder making straits everywhere. Walk from Canarias to Iceland!

And also an ahistorical Suez Canal because why not.

Shadeoses posted:

Apparently there was a canal from the Nile to the Red Sea, but it was abandoned presumably because it was too much work to maintain.

The Canal of the Pharaohs existed until 767 AD.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I too want the Garamantes to be properly represented with their thousand cities of gold.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Fuligin posted:

I don't think there's any available start date where this is quite accurate, although the Khara-Khitan and the Wanyan clan under the Liao in the 1066 date are (historically speaking) very sinicized. There's a guy on the Paradox forums (the same one who did the rad 900 start) making a 750 start date, at which point the Tarim basin would be under the Tang dynasty and invading the Abbasids.

For my Rise of Islam mod I was originally planning to add in the Tarim Basin along with the Song and Tang dynasties being playable (as well as Wu Zhou) and now Paradox has done one step for me. :v:

I have a lot of plans for the Steppes, plus trying to figure out how to make the pre-Islamic Berbers and Bedouins nomads.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

ZombieLenin posted:

Could someone please explain nomad inheritance? Just played for an hour, haven't had much time because of work, and my character, boss of the clans, dies. That's when I noticed my heir was not boss of the clans, and to make matters worse my new Liege is Sunni.

No thanks.

Is there some sort of election, or prestige criteria? That's what I thought, but the new heir to the Khanate is the new guys kid...

The strongest inherits. Your son was weak. :colbert:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

ZombieLenin posted:

And what counts as "strongest." Is it a prestige check, martial check, or something else?

I think it's prestige and martial score? I know sending your son out to do mercenary work seems to make him the best candidate.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Hey Groggy, does "secondary_graphical_culture" and "second_graphical_culture" do the same thing in the 00_cultures.txt file?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Dallan Invictus posted:

Yes, but they're both going to be obsolete with the new patch that's being betaed. (graphical_culture and both the secondary syntaxes will be replaced with "graphical_cultures = { whatevergfx whatever2gfx etcgfx }"

drat, and I had just updated my mod's culture files too.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Man, people sure want their rapey-mods over at Pdox forums. :psyduck:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Here you go: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/extreme-content-policy.871567/

This guy is basically complaining that it's unfair for the Unhanded Tactics mod to be banned when the AGOT mod supposedly has rape and prima nocta as well.

AGOT has rape and slavery and a bunch of other unsightly crap, yet gets its own forum.

Personally I don't care for AGOT but that's because I hate the books, not the fact that the mod has rape and poo poo.

I did like his response about "The world not being black and white" and "its a case by case basis". :allears:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Swedish Horror posted:

I think the difference is that the AGOT mod does not advertise that it has rape in it.

That's probably it, but after last season of Game of Thrones there's no way you didn't know. :v:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Larry Parrish posted:

The idea of dynastic legacies affecting new characters would be cool though. Like if my first 10 rulers were all badass pious warriors, maybe random dynasty members should strive to do that more often, instead of just picking whatever random focus and doing things related to that forever.

IDK I guess that's really a Paradox AI issue. They never really seem to have goals which makes them more like forces of nature or walls than AI.

Maybe if there was a way to have the game check traits for an ancestor (like their father) and play an event that suggests they should be more like them?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Strudel Man posted:

There is the reincarnation mechanic, which I understand is basically that.

I have never seen the reincarnation event occur so :shrug:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I can't figure out why my mod keeps crashing at the "loading flags" screen. The Validator keeps telling me poo poo like "Dynasty 88 is not connected, but has groups [238, 248, 251, 253, 255, 237, 249, 250, 252, 254] [268] [239] [269]" and I have no clue what that means. It does that for a few of the dynasties I've done but other than that type of error I'm getting just simple "needs a legit bastard trait" stuff that shouldn't cause it to CtD

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I wish we could do away with dynasties. If only so we could play theocracies and republics.

And don't say "play EUIV :downs:" because it's not the same.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Groogy posted:

Oh we definitely could, I just answered that we won't.

I have faith that one day you'll give us the ability to have theocracies and real republics and then we modders will do what you cannot: make an actual Rome game. :v:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Pretty sure you can only subjugate a kingdom when you yourself are not a king.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Solemn Sloth posted:

Paradox won't ever officially cover the rise of Islam and looking at their forums you can't blame them one bit.

And that's why there's me. :v:

I just got my culture files redone for the latest patch. Still can't the loving thing to load. Do I need to make folders for things even if I don't edit them or something? Like I'm at a loss as to why it keeps crashing on "loading flags" when I have no flags or gfx.

EDIT: I'm about to restart from scratch for the fourth loving time if I have to.

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jul 25, 2015

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Every "{" should have a matching "}" to make them work.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Ofaloaf posted:

After the End has updated to version 0.6 and CK2 patch 2.4.2. :toot: Mediafire download here, Github download here, no Steam Workshop, that's for chumps.

West Coast is in!

Oh gently caress, the Rouge Valley is it's own independent nation? :hellyeah:

I'm probably the only person pumped about that.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Also because pdox doesn't let you release modded DLC so most of the culture gfx have to stay the way they are.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Probably because their liege isn't settled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Kainser posted:

So that people would stop nagging Paradox about adding features to that religion. People did that all the time in patch threads.

How's that going to stop nagging? :confused:

• Locked thread