Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
are there any more Ck2 dlc coming? or was conclave the last one? I would really like a witches & mythology or whatever dlc, or something that fleshes out the more forgotten parts of the world, with event and religious mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Haha this was a legit urban legend when I was in middle school, probably has happend to someone tho.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
So you can invade the pope? Thats weird, i feel that maybe the anti-pope claim shouldnt lead to war but rather be an event chain or something that eventually lead to getting your guy or being excommunicated. If you are catholic ofc, otherwise, war on.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

The ruler designer is good and fun, who wants to memorize all those console commands.

Steam browser the wiki? But whatever, people should buy the ruler designer if they got money.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Too bad about waiting for dlc, minor stuff and events sounds really good.
I fired up a game last night and I gotta say the education changes suck. The old system was not perfect but it was a lot more fun and interactive. For a game being about dynasties I feel that the family/heir interaction part is lacking.

Zombiepop fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 5, 2016

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
but not everyone did that, you had a choice, and well a lot of stuff in ck2 is gamey as hell.

I find it funny that you can take the family focus and it feels like nothing happens, whatsoever.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Family focus is entirely passive. It gives you the listed stat boosts and enables a bunch of events that improve relations between dynasty members or boost your relations with your spouse/children. It's what you set when you can't really think of anything else, or have a lot of dynasty members as vassals.

Sad! but good to know, no more family activites then. Time to become a hunter or something.
I think the way of life focuses still has a lot of untapped potential, hopefully we will see something more done with them.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Haha amazing, best map game trailer ever. Really got me in the mood for some ck2, but I guess I should wait until the DLC drops.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

GrumpyGoesWest posted:

Crusader Kings II: Det sjunde inseglet

:boom:

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

cock hero flux posted:

Africans still, to this day, do not wear shoes.

Seriously, look at any video or picture taken in modern Africa, you'll see people wearing clothes that are basically the same as you'd find in America but only a few of them will be wearing shoes. They just don't wear them.

Feet, natures sneakers - Super Hans

also yes please let me play chess with death(Maybe if im insane or somethibg). We need more bergman in vidya games

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
my doctor tried to convert my lunatic fylkir to shia, and of course I accept but for some reason I didnt convert but my wife and kids did :s bug?

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
where did crown authority go? I need it to change my inheritance laws, but I cant find it? it is because I still have tribal vassals?

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Automated Posting posted:

So in my new game, the Rise of the Shia event fired... in Saxony.

As it turns out, the current child king of Saxony is Sunni. So were his father and grandfather. This has been the state of affairs in Saxony long enough that several counties have converted.

:psyduck:

860-something and France is Shia in my game.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Now I have all the DLC except ebooks and the metal music... :homebrew: thank god for steam sales

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
could something more be done to the education system? I think its lacking, but maybe education wasnt a big deal back in the days?
I was thinking maybe a teacher (principle?) minor title that I can give to someone decent who will then assign good tutors to the children? Its boring to try and find decent educators for a court full of kids.

I would also like to be able to send my kid to a college or whatever for some cash in return for a good education and maybe a chance of culture/religious conversion. Tie it in with some events and traits. Kid making friends/rivals etc.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

On the other hand, there's no actual need to assign anyone, they automatically get taught by the "best" educator they are close to - you just set a guardian if you want to.

Oh good to know.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

ThaumPenguin posted:

I'm getting flashbacks to the artifact system in Heroes of Might & Magic III, and I'm loving it.

:rms:

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Trogdos! posted:

Way of Life, Conclave, Reaper's Due and the upcoming Monk DLC are just so much better than what came before. More events and depth for everyone,

yeah +1 to this

Sunset invasion rules tho

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
After doing the survey I really hope for a mythology and legends dlc. I mean we can already spawn satan, let me worship him or maybe search for the grail, fight a dragon, meet gandalf or something.
Stuff to do inbetween wars.

I mean there is plenty of stories and legends to borrow stuff from.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

For now. I'll be on HoI, but not in any special role, so I'm not going to get involved in the HoI thread.

That's too bad, its always nice with a developer in the thread regardless of role.
Who will take over CK2? And will they grace this thread with their presence?

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Phi230 posted:

they've trippled the price of Vikky 2

Vicky 3 confirmed! :dance:

If the price hike thing is correct then it sucks, unless the base game comes with a dlc or two nowadays.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Finally some changes to education, I even think I proposed the teacher title a year back ago or something, so that's nice.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
This seems like a good way to introduce china to the game, and it would be cool with something similar for aztecs/africa, and of course santa and his army of elfs on polar bears in the north.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Pretty sure it’s just a bug. I had this happen at one point when I made Mauretania a Viceroyalty. Just...spontaneously became independent one day with no warning or faction or anything :shrug:

Information travelled slow during the middle ages, working as intended imo :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
I kinda want one more dlc after this one now, go full fantasy, more animal kingdom stuff, wizards, monsters or whatever. Seems like a potential market, but idk.

Also a unicorn portrait for the fancy horses.

Zombiepop fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 11, 2018

• Locked thread