Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Last Emperor posted:

Do you need to be logged in to see images or are there just not any?

You need to be logged in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Altaic and Mongol CBs are actually distinct. Altaics lose their super-CB if they convert to a non-pagan religion. Mongols only lose it if they convert to a form of Christianity. (Aztecs also get this version of Invasion, as I recall)

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moridin920 posted:

That godslayer trait is good.

+3 martial
+2 intrigue
+4 personal combat skill

Getting Godslayer on Ragnar Lodbrok was one of the most :black101: things I've ever accomplished in CK2.

The legends written about him in that timeline must be phenomenally metal.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
:black101: MONGOL WEREWOLVES :black101:

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roma delenda est
...because castration is out of control.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Funky Valentine posted:

So now that we have the outer fringes of the Yuan Dynasty on the map, guess who's hanging out with Kublai Khan around 1280.

Marco Polo, noted siege master.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did they ever change the Ostrogoth nazi eagle CoA?

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ireland is just called Eire for Irish-culture characters. Various titles get renamed depending on what culture the holder is.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Romuva encourages me to make New Old Prussia. Therefore Romuva requires more flavor.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Comanche kingdom as the bulwark of Christendom is pretty great.

Just they need their own unique titular empire, the Empire of the Summer Moon :colbert:.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Byzantium in Denmark. :psyduck:

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tehan posted:

He's still Gavelkind, but since he hasn't formed any of the Scandinavian kingdoms it won't split the realm on succession. I'm impressed by the AI, and it's kind of a pity I'm going to subjugate him once my current 71-year-old Khagan kicks the bucket.

The game will now form titles that you could form, but haven't, on its own under gavelkind. :ssh:

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tendai posted:

He just brings his 6 year old to the fuckin' siege of Acre.

I once had a character go on crusade, who evidently decided to bring his wife along because they had a child while on crusade. The kid was born during a siege of Jerusalem, as I recall.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sunset Invasion is perfect tier.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just assume After the End Alaska is some glorious, united but isolationist kingdom because it amuses me. :v:

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Groogy is finally selling out.

$25 DLC that adds Hellenism back in.

The game crashes if you play as a Hellenic character. This is the entire DLC.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can nomads not join Great Holy Wars or something? I reformed the Tengri faith, and my new vassal high priest quickly declared a Great Holy War, but it will not let me join in.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I joined the Zorastrian Great Holy war fine. Are you already at war with the target through something else?

Entirely at peace. I suppose I have truce with the target, maybe that is it? I wasn't aware it checked for that, but I guess it makes more sense than other options.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

BillBear posted:

They are also the only playable Jews in the entire game, so that makes them extremely interesting too.

Semien is there too :ssh:

Khazars are about a hundred times stronger though.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I see most crusades succeed, honestly.

However, it is always the Knights Hospitaller that win them. So I end up with multiple kingdoms ruled by a single monastic order. I'd even be fine with that if there was more variance in which order got it.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
One time my heir turned Hindu during his adventures. Within weeks of his succession as Great Khan the majority of my vassal khans converted, entirely of their own accord.

Hindu Mongols were fun. I was disappointed that the first guy who converted was a Vishnu loyalist, and not a devotee of Kali. :argh:

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
"The neighboring kingdom was insufficiently peaceful. We have brought peace to their lands."

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maybe it isn't Jesus that is giving the advice :tinfoil:.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
It would be nice if Muslims could use Favors to demand decadent people to shape up. Especially since, at least in this one guy's case, it seems to still be tyrannical to arrest decadent dynasty members that have turned down my demand to knock it off.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Posted Patchnotes posted:

- Imbecile characters use childish insults
:allears:

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eric the Mauve posted:

After all these years I still am nowhere close to clear on what the Hashashin do, besides generating periodic vaguely menacing-sounding popups.

Act as the Shia holy order. :ssh:

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eric the Mauve posted:

The de jure duchy, right? We all know how much the AI loves loving up borders. Sometimes I'll look at a duke and realize he has five counties in his realm, zero of which are actually de jure under his duchy title.

Accurate to feudalism.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The text description for executing a son in a Blot is also heart-breaking. :smith:

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

I love the AI sometimes.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

thinking_now_when posted:

I just got a notification that Pope Marinus "the Sea-Devil" was elected to the papacy, I checked his character page and he's got a peg leg and a pet parrot. I'm very tempted to stay as a catholic for a while just to have the pirate-pope as my head of religion.

Appropriate name too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
In a recent game as Halfdan Whiteshirt, I gained, lost, gained again, and finally lost again the Berserker trait within probably 30 years.

• Locked thread