Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
I had an amusing thing happen trying to take a barony from the Jomsvikings - suddenly, the Knights of Santiago were sieging me. I go to check it out, and it just so happens that the warchief of the Jomsvikings is of the same dynasty as both the Knights of Santiago's Grandmaster, and the current pope. This from a dynasty with only 17 living people. It was fairly impressive. Possibly related to the fact that catholicism had been virtually extinguished at this point, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Huh. Apparently there's another...quasi-bug, at least, with the seduction events. I had noticed that the single-option "Take a long walk alone with him/her" event that you can get when seducing a close relative or someone of the same gender never seemed to be terribly successful. I finally took a look at the code for the event, and apparently that's because it literally can't succeed; it goes to the target's event for responding to a confession of love, a lewd suggestion, or poetry, except there's no flag for any of those being used (because none of them were), so the target's only option is to refuse. Odd little oversight.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Can get that one when you acquire the Impaler trait, with the intrigue focus. Or there's also a chance of getting it with the necronomicon chain in scholarship.

Darth Windu posted:

Devil child gets plus a billion to all its stats when it becomes king/emperor whatever, so sucks to be you
Neh, it's when they reach adulthood, not when they get a title. It is pretty nice, though. Plus five to all stats, except intrigue, which gets plus ten.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 5, 2015

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Preechr posted:

Is the "Seduce your own concubine" event similarly bugged? I have never seen anything but the disgusted result on it.
Kinda, yeah. It looks deliberate, though. The positive reaction is blocked off if they were forced into concubinage, despite that there's actually a "forgives abduction" written specifically for that. Maybe they figured after writing it that it was possibly offensive, and so axed it? That one's easy enough to re-enable; I did so in my little bug fix mod.

quote:

Today, [From.GetFirstName], my [GetFromRelation], confessed that she has forgiven me for her abduction. She has grown to like her new life in [Root.Capital.Capital.GetName]... and me.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

xarph posted:

I was then upstaged by a friend who posted his spymaster:

Not even an intrigue education. She looks like she's probably satanspawn.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Are they fixing the thing where when you put someone in the oubliette it gives you the -10 diplomacy modifier instead of the prisoner?
It was a specific circumstance, and it looks like yes, they are.

quote:

You no longer punish yourself when a prisoner tries to flee from your prison by charming the guard.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

Are they fixing the event where you get to oubliette your prisoners so that, y'know, it actually fires?
I don't see it listed, but it does have

quote:

Added Decisions to move prisoners between the Dungeon, the Oubliette and House Arrest

So maybe they're just doing it differently.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Even worse, "claim first night" is apparently a valid targeted decision for an unmarried character, when it plainly should be a choice triggered on_marriage. Shameful.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Nth Doctor posted:

-30 opinion for -1 months. I don't want to know about the thought process of "I need to make her mad at me, but not for too long.
-1 duration is used in code for non-expiring effects.

Keeper Garrett posted:

Okay, as Germanic Republic Jylland, I managed to Holy War France and am now the Prince Mayor of that. France is my Primary title.

Can I move my capital to Paris? Or will it cause a game over. I've read that this will happen, but haven't seen if I got sorted. This is an iron man game too.
You can't manually move it. Coded capital changes can work - I rejiggered the Move Capital to Rome decision for the roman empire to allow a roman republic to take over a city there - but since Paris isn't coastal, I don't know if it would work.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 10, 2015

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Keeper Garrett posted:

So yeah if I click on it... it might game over me?
More likely than not, I'd say.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

:thejoke:

he was talking about Rome :ssh:
It's time to remove the :thejoke: smilie. Long apparent that we cannot use it properly.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

The Cheshire Cat posted:

If the kid is treated as yours, then the real parent won't get any claims or anything like that. If the kid isn't treated as yours, then they won't inherit any of your claims anyway because they aren't your kid (although they will inherit your wife's claims if you're trying to get some of those, so you'll have competition there).
There really ought to be some kind of mechanic where a hidden bastard may have their true parentage revealed in adulthood (after having possibly acquired a title), since otherwise it seems like knocking up somebody's wife only helps them.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Angela Christine posted:

Presumably a landed noble could tell you to go piss up a rope if you question his parentage. It might get an opinion malus similar to the vile rumors, which might be just enough to tip the scales if he is in danger from a faction or plot already. But mostly once a competent guy has a realm under control it isn't all going to fall apart because someone claims he is a secret bastard.
It wouldn't be to make the realm fall apart, at least in my envisioning - it would be a way to make it under your dynasty's rule.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Angela Christine posted:

You just called my mom a whore and my dad a fool? Sure I'll swear fealty to you right away!
...no, not under your rule, under your dynasty's rule. Because the person would be revealed as being of your dynasty.

I didn't even envision it as happening at the instigation of the real father, for that matter, though I suppose that's possible as well.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 14, 2015

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Not So Fast posted:

I think my save from yesterday has bugged out thanks to Horse Lords. Dang.
I don't know, looks normal for the Illuminated Techno-Kingdom of Sweden.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Anyone noticed that the faction strength doesn't seem to be calculated correctly? A guy has 1231 men, and I have 1713, but it says his faction strength is 111.2% of liege.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Dallan Invictus posted:

If that 1713 is including your vassals, maybe it's accounting for removing him and his allies from your count?
Nah, this is as hordes. I've just got that many dudes.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Odd. After my Khan died and his brother took over, all the clans got a -373 opinion malus, "Weakness"

Reloaded when they all attacked me. We'll see if it happens again.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Autonomous Monster posted:

I think it's related to having a low martial score. Try switching to war focus?
I don't think so. Happened again - the new guy has a martial of 15, which is at least decent, and the weakness penalty is now -533. Seems like a bug.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
And my guy is reliably dying one day after I start the game, kicking me into the weakness bug. Time to let it rest for a bit, I guess.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Lost Season posted:

I'm pretty sure the weakness mechanic refers to how recently your character was at war, kinda like how Germanic pagans always need to be at war or raiding. If your character's brother wasn't a mercenary leader, he might have the massive weakness modifier you describe. Try declaring a war and see if that fixes it.
No, he was a mercenary leader. Also, I was in mid-war the last time it happened.

Tehan posted:

This is it, I had the same problem. Day 1 priority after nomad succession: a little bit of ceremonial raiding ASAP.
??? Hm. Well, the death is interrupting a great holy war; I guess I could rejoin it after the death. Just a little afraid of the ironman autosave locking me into a nasty position with that.

edit: Rejoining the crusade did indeed take the penalty away. A little odd, though. Maybe defensive wars don't count?

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jul 16, 2015

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Historians are going to have some not-nice things to say about the Turks in this timeline. Assuming academia exists.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Groogy posted:

No is working as designed, it is the being at peace for too long modifier which for Nomads are applied to the nomad opinions as "Weakness".
Surely it isn't intended that you get negative hundreds the moment you inherit? That's the part that doesn't make sense.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
As tempting as 'burn everything to the ground' might be (hell, I'm in the middle of doing it myself), I'm not sure it's really intended. AI hordes, for example, apparently will only ever burn down tribal holdings.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Lost Season posted:

I'm betting that's because the AI usually only has to pillage tribal holdings once, since they're usually not that built up. It probably doesn't have the patience to hold onto a holding to pillage it multiple times, but if it got a castle/town/temple that it could destroy in one attempt it would burn it down.
No, I mean, I looked at the decision code, and the AI is coded only to burn down tribal holdings.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Is there any way to console myself a son? I've got a ridiculous game right now where my king (with 105% fertility, a wife, 3 concubines and 4 lovers) has managed to pump out 9 daughters and no sons. I think I've physically reached the maximum number of children I'm allowed. I'm tribal, so I can't switch to A-C. When the king dies, it's game over. It just seems like kind of a dumb way to lose the game- hitting the hard limit on children. It's not like a real king would run out of jizz or anything.
Don't need console, just need seduction focus. Every seduction tumble (as the human player) has a chance of impregnation, no matter how many kids you already have, as long as you and the target both have fertility of at least 50%. Just vidi-vene-vici every time until you get a son.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Argh. Playing nomad really, really makes me wish that it still sorted provinces in the "grant title" window alphabetically, instead of whatever random order it has now. It's hell trying to give away specific provinces to the clans when you have over a hundred of them.

Thanks, but that's actually what the option is.

Or actually, I guess I got the order wrong, it's "Vidi, Vici, Veni," but it's the same joke.

Gorelab posted:

Can Nomads not convert anyone now? I remember Jewish leaders being able to convert their vassals and such but I can't seem to find the option as a Khazar Khan.
Nomads can't demand conversion, no.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 17, 2015

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Autonomous Monster posted:

It's higher rank first and then by order of acquisition, I believe.
Oh, it's definitely rank first, but the within-rank order is as good as random. Seems to be some region-sorting; I have Greek provinces first, despite having acquired the Baghdad area earlier, though immediately recent acquisitions do seem to show up at the bottom. Alphabetical within rank would be better, though. At least as a toggle.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
For some reason, after restoring the zoroastrian priesthood as a nomad, the Moabadan-Moabad (Pope equivalent) keeps getting 'captured and killed by peasant rebels,' despite him not having any actual territory and there not being any rebels in his nominal location. Odd.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Promontory posted:

I'm getting a mysterious "disrespects dynasty" opinion minus for my new ruler, from members of my own dynasty. What causes this? I assume it's a new thing because I didn't find anything on the CK2 wiki. Feudal Fraticelli with some duchies granted as viceroyalties, if that is of any consequence.
You get that for ignoring the writer who proposes to compose your family chronicle.

edit: Beta patch seems kind of crashy.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Oh, god. The beta patched halved the gold and tech boost for pillaging, which I would totally have been fine with...except I guess it also halved the amount of destruction. So you can get the same total amount of loot from a settlement, it just takes twice as long to do it. Annoying for me, as I care less about the loot than I do about tearing the place to the ground.

Why would they do that. It just makes the entire enterprise more tedious. :(

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Broken Cog posted:

Ugh, why not just double the time of the "recently burned" modifier instead? Having to babysit the areas you are razing is boring as hell, I wish there was a way of automating it.
Seriously. :/ I mean, doubling the modifier time wouldn't be that much better, because you'd still have to sit on the territories for a while, but at least it would reduce the clicking required.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Chickpea Roar posted:

Are any cultural techs besides majesty and tolerance useful for nomads? Have they moved the settle "settle" notifier away from "pillage" in the beta?
Theoretically you can have non-nomad vassals, so you might want the various customs, but they're of pretty limited utility. Settle is still with pillage.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Broken Cog posted:

Making feudal vassals as a horde seems completely random if they end up as a temple, city, or an actual feudal holding when you give out counties or duchies. I've gotten three theocracies from giving out counties and duchies now, even if castles were the top holding in every county.
Try giving the barony first, to establish government type? :shrug:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
I tend to disagree, at least once you reach a decent size, because of supply limit considerations. A thousand units of heavy cavalry hit dramatically harder than a thousand units of LC.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Hargh, lord. The 'Overthrow Khan' faction will act when it gets to a strength of 50%. This makes it relatively easy to defeat, but also very annoying.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Uh oh. It appears that after getting the beta patch, I can no longer join zoroastrian great holy wars for some reason.

edit: And then I could again, later. Odd...

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jul 18, 2015

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

DStecks posted:

Also just in gameplay terms it's a nice way to keep Byzantium and Venice from getting too chummy; with ERE backing it would be trivial for Venice to run roughshod over the whole Adriatic.
But right now they're essentially always gobbled up after a decade or so.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Anonononomous posted:

I'm thinking of trying to continue my game as a vassal of Byzantium and rebelling later. How viable would that be?
Very. Taking over from the inside is a powerful strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Schizotek posted:

Quick question, weren't Italians supposed to use nonstandard portraits?

e:

Iberians and Byzantines have their portraits activated and working.
It's fixed in the beta patch.

• Locked thread