Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

yeah its good. ill finish my director's cut playthrough eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Ragg posted:

It has some of the same fundamental problems the first game did but its not a turd like that one. Mostly the lack of scope and ambition and how limited it is, which they ddi for a good reason cuz theyre one of the only indie ppl who can actually deliver on time and budget. Cuz they know how to cut poo poo. unfortch it means their games arent that good. Dragonfall is an improvement in every way but still not enough. I mean if you're gonna make a linear mission based tactical rpg, and have like no exploration or feeling of being in a big world then at least make the drat combat good.

it's better in the director's cut at least

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I tried the first one and there was that one mission where you break into a corporate HQ and one guy hacks into a computer while everyone else holds off private security that actually felt unique and not just a generic turn based tactical shooter, hope there's more of that in this

original campaign was pretty bland but this part owned

Dec 26, 2012

pretty much yeah. it would probably help if the NPCs were built competently too

Dec 26, 2012

yeah the decking bits are pretty awful no matter how you slice it

the magic is pretty ignorable except for support magic

Dec 26, 2012

Frog Act posted:

i'm on the last mission and i heard some of the player made stuff is pretty good, anyone got any recommendations on that front

i played the two most highly recommended missions soon after it came out and they were just total garbage that i was shocked anyone found appealing. it probably got better since then but im not holding my breath

Dec 26, 2012

it's pretty drat weird that minus like a handful of guns all of the weapon types have like two variations per tier at most, and it's usually just the smartgun vs the extra damage gun. dragonfall added a few to help alleviate this a little but drat, it would take like a day of work to make loading out way more interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Fungah! posted:

yeah that's the other lovely thing, equipment just isn't interesting at all. loot's a key part of a good rpg and in this it's just boring as hell

i dont even mind lack of loot but shadowrun is in some way or another about preparing for specific tasks and you cant really do that at all minus swapping party members or stocking up on specific consumables

• Locked thread