Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Okay, battle balls is seriously the best game you guys have done. Never stop doing battle balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Man, when I saw Dragon Bowl, I was really hoping for some kind of wacky arcade version of Blood Bowl. I have a really sharp image of this in my head now.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

For some reason, Dragon Breed reminded me that you guys should play King of the Monsters, and King of the Monsters 2. Best arcade games I ever wasted my childhood on. Period.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

AMovieReference posted:

Before we started doing the show, Nick and I actually played through the first two King of the Monsters games. We can put it on the list, but god drat are the bosses incredibly difficult after a certain point.

Well if it was easy to be king, it wouldn't be so sweet.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I love it. I love that you look like you're doing all the wrong and stupid things in these puzzle games, and then you win anyway, and it drives people insane.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

ColdPie posted:

It's funny to me that the idea of setting up combos instead of always clearing singles is somehow mysterious and baffling to everyone except Keith.

Right? You can't win these games without planning ahead. That's why they show you the next piece. It's like stacking up tetriminos while leaving one column on the side empty so they can clear it with a straight piece. That doesn't work forever.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

You sure you can't keep that pace up forever? Have you seen the Grand Masters at GDQ exhibitions?

I can't say that I have, but I also can't imagine that anyone is lucky enough to be able to pull that off after a few levels, when pieces arrive going at manual drop speed.

Also, do they have Battle Balls Grand-championships? Because that I could get behind.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Everything I have ever believed about the nature of reality is a lie.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Kinda sad there's no more Crystal of Kings. You guys seem to get into beat 'em ups pretty well. Barring 2 Crude Dudes, of course.

On an unrelated note, I recently came across a mid-80's DataEast FMV game called "Road Blaster" that might be worth looking at. It's really quite bad, but if you're good at it, it rewards you with animes exploding.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

FredMSloniker posted:

Huh. Thought you were talking about RoadBlasters, got confused. Thinking of FMV games, though, makes me wonder if I still have those interactive DVDs of Don Bluth's laserdisc games. I'll have to check.

Wow, that seems like lawsuit territory. You know, back in the 80's. If anyone cared about videogames in the 80's.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

How did people not know about MJ's glaringly obvious psychological damage at that point? It's like Henry Darker designed a videogame!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

AMovieReference posted:

Here at Trouble Planet, we're not ashamed of our love for Data East. So here's Diet Go Go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH6aAPnirtU

Something I noticed this session, there's a ton of Data East games that just get. . . Weird. We got some stuff coming down the line that were just kinda bat-poo poo.

This one needs a theme song.

https://youtu.be/MPrk5DgINc0

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Probably one of the best episodes you've done, if only for the important existential questions it raises.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

It's probably for the best. Trio seems like a nightmare to even witness. Playing it might be some kind of test, possibly to determine degrees of psychosis.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

AMovieReference posted:

Here comes Bank Panic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPbLS57-u04

After actually looking at the footage again, I realized that sometimes there's a guy with a sign on his back that tells you where a bad guy will be. Probably way more poo poo that we didn't realize about the game, since it was the first time we'd ever played it haha.

Bank Panic: the world's best shell shocked confederate veteran with a part time job as a security guard simulator the world has ever known!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Smoke posted:

On that same note of requests, I'd love to see you take on Twinkle Star Sprites. It's one of those games that takes some practice to really click though, and it's fun in both singleplayer and multiplayer flavors.

I'd accept this, as I'll take any reason available to hear the Trouble Planet Gang talk about Japan and associated nonsense.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Oh god, which Punisher? Because one of them is pretty good, and the other is almost unplayable.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Glad to have finally caught up with them Dollar Boys. Though I have the strange sense that I missed an episode of X-men arcade somewhere.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Boogie wings is like a kid playing with every toy in their room at once.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Getting pumped for SPICAADVENTURES. Mostly because I'm curious to hear how you all choose to pronounce that title.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Good god, I left for like a month and you guys put out some good and loving insane things. What the hell could ever convince someone to create the nightmare that is Snacks N' Jackson?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Oh dear lord.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

AMovieReference posted:

Alright, it's Monday and here's the 100th game we've played on Mom Can I Have Another Dollar. We got King of the Monsters 2! I can't recall if it's mentioned in this episode or not, but this is the game that made Nick and Kyle decide to make this show. Also, requested by Danger Pumpkin. (Or did you want the first one? Eh, oh well.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqeVd5gA1aQ

Just in case anyone was curious or even realized that we record in Orlando, we're all fine. I only say that, because a surprising amount of people in my family seemed to think I frequent the gay clubs.

Pretty late to actually see this, but thank you so gosh darn much. I love this drat game.

Edit: I appreciate you questioning your initial presumption. And for likening me to Beetlejuice. I love that movie!

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 16, 2016

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

AMovieReference posted:

Here's something you guys have already seen, but put together in a way that it should hopefully be just the funniest stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz2m2Yr1FQ8

Season 4 starts on Monday next week. So hopefully you guys are still around by then.

I'm pumped!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

AMovieReference posted:

Today we got Dynamite Düx in the mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4sEHclKPlQ

I don't know why there's an umlaut in Düx, but it's there.

Maybe... the final level is in Berlin?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Boy am I glad that you're the dolphin, and I'm the baby, and you're a baby, and I'm in there. What I want to know is, who's the sheriff?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

They already did Growl.

What the heck is a B.Rap, anyway?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

AMovieReference posted:

I think a B. Rap is the onomatopoeia of either a machine gun or a fart.

So it's kinda like in River City Ransom, when you punch a dude out and he shouts "Barf" I suppose?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

For a game called Frisky Tom, I was expecting a lot more innuendo out of you two.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Oh god. I can only imagine what that entails.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Here lies MCIHAD
They never scored.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Oh god. Italy, why?!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

What kind of an idiot thought that sonic would make a good fighting game?!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Suspect Bucket posted:

It was really noble of Sega to start hiring 12 year olds at the top of their creative writing classes, but short-sighted.

Oh snap!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I am deeply confused how anyone can claim to actually like anime, tbh.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

The disparity in arms and personnel between the virtua cops and terrorists can be entirely chalked up to Obama's systematic dismantling of a strong America.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

OH poo poo! POWER STONE! I was trying to remember that drat game, so I could recommend it, but then I was like... kinda convinced by not being able to find it that I had imagined it in a fever dream or something.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Simon The Digger posted:

It was everything I could have hoped for and more. I highly encourage you (if you haven't already recorded all of these episodes) to try out every character; they're all either pretty cool (like Kurokishi, the blonde lady you used in this episode) or weird as hell, as you saw with Tulks and his dick-mounted gun holster and flaming sandal kicks.

That entire man is a gun! Zounds!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

AMovieReference posted:

Here's Power Stone 2, my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAeRQGWBScw

Apparently with the arcade mode of Power Stone 2, it doesn't require you to kill all the other players, it's a weird story mode where two players can move on. A little strange, but we got something figured out for Head to Head.

It is very entertaining to watch you all suffer, btw. I vote an entire week of trying to come to terms with Power Stone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

You keep the videos of games about exploding cartoon pigs rolling, and I will keep watching them.

• Locked thread