Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Link: http://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/dirty-bomb-in-game-case-key-giveaway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Managed to get Fragger with the K-121, Cool, Drilled and Focus. :getin:

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I got an arty loadout :smith:

Wanted a pretty rhino. :shobon:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I got Fletcher's BL32. Blishlok, empire, -selfdamage from explosives, springy, and quicker bomb arming. Probably the best one you can get for the Blishlok, so I'm happy. I've also got the best one for him with the Ahnuld. Now all I need is another 27k to buy Fletcher.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Huh, new Alienware case. Wonder what I'mma ge-

Oh. Okay. :smith:

WHAT THE gently caress HAPPENED TO SPRINGY

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

old springy was dumb new is way better

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.
:ducksiren:Incoming balance changes and Christmas skins!:ducksiren:

Also trinkets, which are apparently lapel pins? key chains for your gun.

Lokee fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 16, 2015

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

e- double post because I am an idiot.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

So where are the balance changes mentioned? Just seeing some stuff about matchmaking updates which is nice I suppose, although enabling FF by default is going to be hell for the poor sods solo queuing.

Are those holiday pins based on actual time played in matches or are we going to see a lot of menu idling?

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

isndl posted:

So where are the balance changes mentioned? Just seeing some stuff about matchmaking updates which is nice I suppose, although enabling FF by default is going to be hell for the poor sods solo queuing.

Are those holiday pins based on actual time played in matches or are we going to see a lot of menu idling?
Could've sworn I saw something on the site about some upcoming tweaks but that may have just been some jackoff in the dickens event thread. No word yet on how the time played will be measured either, everything should be back up in an hour and hopefully we'll get some patch notes or whatnot then.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I feel like stoker should have a flame thrower like pyro (obviously balanced correctly) The grenade is ok but its like how many merc with grenades are there. It seems like its all special nades flying all over the place.

isndl
May 2, 2012

Jst0rm posted:

I feel like stoker should have a flame thrower like pyro (obviously balanced correctly) The grenade is ok but its like how many merc with grenades are there. It seems like its all special nades flying all over the place.

A lot of this comes down to the size of the servers you're playing on. 8v8s tend to be pretty spammy compared to 6v6, especially on the smaller maps like Underground.

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

http://steamcommunity.com/games/333930/announcements/detail/79175440946437251

Alright no tweaks, but the pre-season stuff has kicked off. Never played with FF on, any hot tips for a filthy casual, gang?

isndl
May 2, 2012

Lokee posted:

Never played with FF on, any hot tips for a filthy casual, gang?

If you hear an airstrike you need to run for cover, they'll nail you even if you think you're out of the kill zone. Stay the hell away from Proxy mines. Your teammates are more dangerous than your enemies.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

isndl posted:

If you hear an airstrike you need to run for cover, they'll nail you even if you think you're out of the kill zone. Stay the hell away from Proxy mines. Your teammates are more dangerous than your enemies.

You know, I think I should try playing this game again. I mean, we got dumb trinkets, FF is on all the time, I got three 1k missions...

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

isndl posted:

It was specified by their new CM to be in-match time only. 60 hours of gameplay during peak holidays to get all three trinkets, the snowman might as well be a badge of shame because :laffo:

Jst0rm posted:

I've had a lot of time with Stoker and I still don't like his nade. You throw it at someone and it's a 100-0 doubletap if they're not fragger or rhino. If people die from the napalm, usually it's because they underestimated how far it would spread or they were 1-2 DoT ticks away from death. The visual area can completely misleading depending how it speads on impact which is inconsistent; there has been dozens of times I've observed people dying from the napalm effect outside of its visual area.

It's supposed to do area denial but in practice it's just an impact nade. It would have a better defined niche if it applied some kind of afterburn effect to disperse blobs of players and counteract healing instead of being insanely lethal like fragger's nades.

isndl
May 2, 2012

widespread posted:

You know, I think I should try playing this game again. I mean, we got dumb trinkets, FF is on all the time, I got three 1k missions...

Well, FF is only on in ranked/private matches. If you're pubbing it up it's still the usual.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Delacroix posted:

It was specified by their new CM to be in-match time only. 60 hours of gameplay during peak holidays to get all three trinkets, the snowman might as well be a badge of shame because :laffo:

I've had a lot of time with Stoker and I still don't like his nade. You throw it at someone and it's a 100-0 doubletap if they're not fragger or rhino. If people die from the napalm, usually it's because they underestimated how far it would spread or they were 1-2 DoT ticks away from death. The visual area can completely misleading depending how it speads on impact which is inconsistent; there has been dozens of times I've observed people dying from the napalm effect outside of its visual area.

It's supposed to do area denial but in practice it's just an impact nade. It would have a better defined niche if it applied some kind of afterburn effect to disperse blobs of players and counteract healing instead of being insanely lethal like fragger's nades.

good point. It would be a lot better to have people burn after touching. gently caress that 60 hours in matches over the next 2 weeks.

isndl
May 2, 2012
My main dislike about the molotov is that it seems to have some sort of inherited physics to it or something - if I'm sprinting/jumping to go for a clutch molotov on someone delivering an objective or something, it always loving misses. Meanwhile, I can land perfect Fragger nades. :shrug:

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

isndl posted:

My main dislike about the molotov is that it seems to have some sort of inherited physics to it or something - if I'm sprinting/jumping to go for a clutch molotov on someone delivering an objective or something, it always loving misses. Meanwhile, I can land perfect Fragger nades. :shrug:

It has some weird physics simulation that is kinda bonked. I've thrown one into a corner on chapel by the truck ting and lit 1 tile.

isndl
May 2, 2012
Also it turns out there was in fact a balance update to go with today's patch, they just made zero mention of it on the Steam page and you have to click through to the official Dirty Bomb website to see it.

quote:

Balance Changes
Augments

Guardian Angel - Now receive an audio warning whenever nearby enemy air support is a danger to you and 20% reduced damage from air support abilities
This now also includes Kira's Orbital Laser and the audio has been updated to make the timing and positioning more obvious
Pineapple Juggler - Now allows you to melee hit back mid-air grenades and other projectiles
This also includes Airstrike Markers, Heartbeat Sensors and even Sticky Bombs and Molotov Grenades if timed correctly
Quick Eye - Now also reduces the raise/lower times of iron-sighting, as well as increased movement speed when sighted
Bomb Squad - Now adds an on-screen indicator to all enemy deployables within line of sight, making them much more visible
This includes items like Turrets, Stations, Mines, Sticky Bombs etc

Proxy

Reduced Proximity Mine cooldown to 20s (from 25s)
Increased Proximity Mine detection radius to 1.92m (from 1.6m)
Slightly reduced intensity of Proximity Mine glow

Fragger

Reduced Frag Grenade damage to 170 (from 180)

Thunder

Reduced fuse time on Concussion Grenade to 1.2s (from 1.6s)
Increased maximum Concussion stun duration to 6s (from 5s)
Increased maximum Concussion stun movement reduction to 99% (from 80%) - this recovers over time during the stun duration

Vassili

Increased Heartbeat Sensor detection radius to 14.4m (from 12.8m)

Redeye

Reduced time it takes to spot enemies with IR Goggles to 0.2s (from 0.3s)

Dreiss AR

Increased damage to 27 (from 26)
Reduced maximum bullet spread and spread increase rate by ~15%

Timik-47

Reduced recoil by ~10%

SMG-9

Reduced bullet spread by ~2%
Reduced recoil by ~3%

Blishlok

Reduced bullet spread by ~3%
Reduced recoil by ~6%

Hollunds 880

Reduced pellet spread by ~6%
Increased effective range by ~6%

Remburg 7

Reduced pellet spread by ~5%
Increased effective range by ~8%

MoA SNPR-1

Increased rate of fire to 50 RPM (from 46)
Reduced reload time to 2.4s (from 2.6s)

FEL-IX

Increased rate of fire to 46 RPM (from 40)
Reduced reload time to 2.5s (from 2.6s)

PDP-70

Increased recoil by ~10%

Grandeur SR

Reduced vertical recoil by ~15%

Other Changes

Objective Mode will once again be the first experience for players new to the world of Dirty Bomb.

Made Objective Mode the initially available game mode
Execution Mode is now unlocked at Level 3

Gameplay

Removed the Win Execution Rounds missions
Increased the XP given per magazine of Ammo to 20XP (from 15XP)
Increased all hand-thrown grenade bounciness by ~10%
Tapping ironsight and releasing fire no longer almost-instantly resets hip-fired bullet spread
Enabled Pausing in Private Matches
Disarming will now always prioritise over helping up
Synced reloading gameplay timings more closely with individual weapon animations
MP 400 - ammo is now given 0.43s earlier in the animation
Empire-9 - ammo given 0.51s earlier
FEL-IX - ammo given 0.91s earlier
Blishlok - ammo given 0.63s earlier
K-121 - ammo given 0.49s later
Simeon .357 - ammo given 0.10s later
Smjüth & Whetsman .40 - ammo given 0.10s later
PDP-70 - ammo given 0.11s later

User Interface

Added new Minimal and Super settings to the video options
Updated the advanced settings section in the video options menu
Changed name of One Frame Interval to Thread Sync and inverted the behavior
Off - Improved performance at the cost of input latency
On - Reduced input latency as the cost of performance
In-game chat messages now carry over from in-game to the end review screen
Made the matchmaking Rank of all players visible in Party lobbies
Spectators will now correctly see which team has won at the end of the match
Added CDA/Jackal icons to scoreboard

Audio

Continued improvements on the overall mix to prioritize important gameplay audio
Reduced the incoming hit notification audio so players can hear incoming gun fire more clearly
Improved the outro cinematic audio on Chapel
Reduced the sound of footsteps when turning on the spot
Updated the supporting audio for the Chopper Augment
Added new audio for when players Rank up or down after a Ranked Match
Audio polish passes for Revive Notifications, Stilnotto Stiletto, Airstrikes and Heartbeat Sensors
Added audio for opening and closing gates on Dome

Maps

Dome - Players can no longer jump on the sale sign near the brewery

Notable Bug Fixes

Fixed bug where Merc dialogue was still audible when Dialogue Volume was set to 0
Fixed bug where Proximity Mines and Turrets could become silent
Fixed bug where Concussion Grenade audio effects would play for team-mates and through walls
Fixed bug where using admin commands to restart a map would break Stopwatch mode win rules
Fixed bug where the EV destination marker was not visible in the second round of Stopwatch
Fixed bug where Thunder could get XP for hitting team-mates with a Concussion Grenade when Friendly Fire is ON
Fixed bug where players could receive combat XP for damaging team-mates with abilities when Friendly Fire is ON
Fixed bug with Sticky Bombs breaking carryable objective interactions by making them bounce off carryables
Fixed bug where the Healing Station could heal through certain sections of wall
Fixed bug where players could accidentally reclaim items deployed behind them
Fixed bug where footstep audio could sometimes be missing
Fixed bug where explosives could deal no damage to someone delivering a carryable objective
Fixed bug where the C4 could disappear in Execution rounds
Fixed bug where no bullet casings were ejected when firing the MK46 while ironsighted
Fixed bug where in-match UI dropdown boxes moved off-screen at high resolutions

Slight nerf to the PDP, a lot of small buffs to other guns. About drat time they fixed disarming bomb priority, that poo poo has cost games. I have no idea what the Pineapple Juggler guy is smoking.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

isndl posted:

Also it turns out there was in fact a balance update to go with today's patch, they just made zero mention of it on the Steam page and you have to click through to the official Dirty Bomb website to see it.

Slight nerf to the PDP, a lot of small buffs to other guns. About drat time they fixed disarming bomb priority, that poo poo has cost games. I have no idea what the Pineapple Juggler guy is smoking.

I dunno man. Playing Pineapple Tennis with Cricket Bats sounds kinda neat.

isndl
May 2, 2012

widespread posted:

I dunno man. Playing Pineapple Tennis with Cricket Bats sounds kinda neat.

The timing of it seems impossible unless you already have your bat out expecting them to throw it. It's still just as much of a gimmick ability as the old version, even if it does apply to more grenades now.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Pineapple juggler would be amazing if you could hit air strikes on the ground back at the enemy.

isndl
May 2, 2012
They detonate after about a second on the ground, so you wouldn't have time unless you're already on top of it and you'll likely blow yourself up attempting to do so. It's not like the good old days of Wolfenstein where you could see the marker coming thanks to the brightly colored smoke, block the airstrike by standing on top of the marker, and still get away before it explodes.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

isndl posted:

They detonate after about a second on the ground, so you wouldn't have time unless you're already on top of it and you'll likely blow yourself up attempting to do so. It's not like the good old days of Wolfenstein where you could see the marker coming thanks to the brightly colored smoke, block the airstrike by standing on top of the marker, and still get away before it explodes.

I saw a guy standing on one. Not sure how that worked out. I still feel like you can shoot the markers before they bring the as. I've only done it once though.

isndl
May 2, 2012

Jst0rm posted:

I saw a guy standing on one. Not sure how that worked out. I still feel like you can shoot the markers before they bring the as. I've only done it once though.

Yeah, he probably died. They deal a pretty good amount of damage, at least 100 or so damage at point blank. I've never been able to confirm canceling an airstrike by shooting it myself and I haven't seen anyone else provide evidence that it's possible either. Usually a failed strike is because they threw it too close to the EV or something.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

isndl posted:

Yeah, he probably died. They deal a pretty good amount of damage, at least 100 or so damage at point blank. I've never been able to confirm canceling an airstrike by shooting it myself and I haven't seen anyone else provide evidence that it's possible either. Usually a failed strike is because they threw it too close to the EV or something.

Either I shot it at the exact moment it popped and it was under cover or I destroyed it before the pulled the as. Somebody try I keep forgetting to do it again.

isndl
May 2, 2012
Trinket hunt announced to run over three weeks instead of two. Now you just need to average 20 hours a week to get the top tier trinket! :v:

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

isndl posted:

Trinket hunt announced to run over three weeks instead of two. Now you just need to average 20 hours a week to get the top tier trinket! :v:

Still horrible for employee people.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
i like redeye

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I played with a redeye last night who sniped like a boss but refused to help with the objective. Went like 41-3 and we still barely....barely won.

It didn't help that he bitched over VOIP nonstop about how hard he was carrying...by being as loving far away from the objective as humanly possible.

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!

Nauta posted:

i like redeye

What is your loadout?

I like that a lot of people in this thread are level 20+, makes me feel less ashamed of the amount of time I invested into this buggy game :negative:.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
pdp with guardian angel, bomb squad, quick draw

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Sputnik posted:

I played with a redeye last night who sniped like a boss but refused to help with the objective. Went like 41-3 and we still barely....barely won.

It didn't help that he bitched over VOIP nonstop about how hard he was carrying...by being as loving far away from the objective as humanly possible.

Yeah, it's easy enough just to murder people as redeye or vas but their score can be inflated to medic farm levels because spot xp is absolutely bonkers due to repeated buffing. The icing on top is getting awards from sitting back and not dying.

I had an 41-1 match with arty but I finished with more game mode xp than badge or support score by bombing the hell out of EV and killing the repairers over and over.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
yeah i had perfect timing in that match and their counter sniping was poor

isndl
May 2, 2012
Been playing inconsistently because of the holidays but something seems screwed up with the trinket time tracking. Steam says I have 32 hours of DB in the last two weeks, so even assuming only half of that was in-match I should have the Lantern by now except I'm still ~two hours short? :shrug:

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Pretty sure it exclusively counts play time, which means a lot of ready-up time and postmatch time is just filler. It's obnoxiously restrictive.

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

One of Phantom's "Awww Yeah!"s is :getin:. God drat awesome.

Fine tuning update is here. Couple new maps being demoed this weekend, one of which is execution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Lokee posted:

One of Phantom's "Awww Yeah!"s is :getin:. God drat awesome.

Fine tuning update is here. Couple new maps being demoed this weekend, one of which is execution.

Huh. Damage falloff to Sparks' railgun, you say. Wonder how the reception to that is.

• Locked thread