Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

teardrop posted:

She's had a while to plan this. And she set you up to have no assets so she could take the kids without a hitch.

You getting fired in Ohio then having her convince you to move was instrumental in both of those. Are you sure she wasn't the one who talked to your boss?

Keep it together and lawyer up. Part 3 of her plan is you getting caught in a downward spiral and dropping out of the picture (or being so broken that she can stay in control). Don't give her that too.

Exactly. This kind of thing doesn't happen spur of the moment.

Hang in there, lawyer up, and fight for your kids' sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Also, if you can prove she was never hospitalized and lied about it to get the protective order, make sure your lawyer is aware. He/she can bring it up to the judge when this goes to court, and it will be something good to have in your corner when she goes for full custody with no visitation, child support, and alimony all at once.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Read the drat thread. The cops were involved because they were at her parents' house when he showed up on Sunday.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Hey, OP, last week was the time to :

Seriously, you're coming across as passive as gently caress and unwilling to take the actions necessary to handle this like a grown rear end man with kids to consider.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

r00tn00b posted:

Thank you.

I have a really unhealthy addiction to talking to her, even now, when something cool happens or i read something funny i go to message her about it, i catch myself every time and stop.

I just want things the way they were.

It's rough, but you've got to realize that the 'her' you're imaging doesn't match the person she's chosen to be anymore. That may be a permanent thing.

Find yourself someone to talk to, man, and let them take some of the load off your mind. It helps.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Might be more relevant how long she has been there.

Hate to suggest it, but that might be a chunk of why she was interested in living out there while you took care of things back home for a stretch. Build up evidence of a separation and establish residency.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Masonity posted:

Make sure you get this all properly documented and go back to court and properly get custody of the kids.

This. Get your lawyer on the line with the judge immediately, before she changes her mind and comes back spouting something about kidnapping.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

r00tn00b posted:

I have already started this process.

Her family is 100% on my side of this now, they spent 4 months with her and know what she is, they will go to court on my behalf.

I am very, very glad to hear this. Thank you for looking out for your kids first and foremost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

r00tn00b posted:

I is divorced, she tried to gently caress me and didn't get away with it. so relieved

Glad to hear it. You done good, man.

• Locked thread