Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'd had both advisors that give a bonus to the act of improving relations, and a passive global bonus to relations over time with everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Being a republic is fun with personalities. I keep voting in pretty good leaders then they develop horrible crippling traits and I vote them the gently caress out of office. I'd hate to be a monarchy and waiting for some corrupt tyrant to die.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

genericnick posted:

Could make it a toggle like auto man forts on war dec

I wish the reverse was true, to auto mothball forts on peace. Or some smarter "activate frontline forts in war" where it would only activate forts within a few provinces of the countries you're at war with.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Away all Goats posted:

So I might have annexed too much territory in Hungary and got a coalition formed against me. I'm playing as Ottomans and the coalition is a bunch of European States (poland/lith/Burgundy+vassals, etc) Mamluks (remnants, but they still control Alexandria) and a few minor states in the Caucus/Iraq region.

What are my options here, Is it possible to wait this out? Can I break up the coalition through spies or something?

Furiously bribe and improve relations with the members who hate you the least, or people on the fence. I forget the exact threshold but I've had people join coalitions against me, I'd toss them a +25 bribe and improve relations and they'd quit and go from angry to friendly. I think around -50 expansion penalty is where it starts getting bad, but they still need to have low or negative overall relations to ally against you.

I just had everyone around me as france get really mad, were at about -55 or so AE against me. Castile and england and savoy and genoa and some HRE dudes all got fussy and created a big coalition. Castile was only at about -50ish AE but hated me for some other reasons. I put all 3 diplomats making friends with the members I stood the best chance of getting off my back, and within a year Castile and england left, leaving some italians and germans upset but they'd never have the critical mass to dare declare war. A coalition is only dangerous if it's big enough to actually threaten you, they don't declare war if they don't think they can take you. Sometimes just making friends with 1 big coalition member is enough to break the whole threat.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What are some good quality of life mods? It's hard finding anything that's kept up to date. Also can you apply stuff like that mid-game?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Tendronai posted:

How long has this been in the game

Holy poo poo

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Tsyni posted:

In giant blob runs I find it helps to have a couple of mega-marches. Set one or two of them to defensive and they should just wander your territory destroying those jerks.

Yeah, I love having vassals just to have some automatic troops doing poo poo like that while I focus on the big stuff. They'll even do annoying naval landings at times too.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Fister Roboto posted:

I would love for there to be more automation when it comes to managing your military. It gets really cumbersome in the mid to late game. Just give me the option to give control of my armies over to the AI. I don't care if the AI is stupid when I have a million dudes to throw at problems, just don't make me control every single one.

But first you need to set the order of battle and define theaters...

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I still don't know why people put up with all that to play ironman.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What's the actual end date? It's like late 1600's in my current game and I'm having blast but feel like Roy at the end of blade runner. I want more life.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Also setting everything in the game to pause and popup helps too. Turns into a turn based game almost.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

You should go on a quest, a quest FOR THE NEW WORLD!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The interface lied to me. I sometimes look at any OPM's around me to see if they'd accept vassalization. You can see this at a glance by the green checkbox next to the option. If it's a yes, then I start working them. Improve relations, alliance, gifts, influence, anything to get up to 190. I finally got one up to 190, one that was going to be key to my expansion and future plans. Wait.. it has a green check box but it's still grayed out. "Free cities can not become subjects"

gently caress.
Would be nice if that set the interface icon to a red X.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

All electors are my vassals but none support me for emperor, all support austria. Is it because I'm france? Should I just take out austria and disband this whole rotten "empire" ?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

QuarkJets posted:

Not if you control it, though. Being the emperor gives you all sorts of advantages and is potentially a huge landgrab opportunity, and if he's already got all of the electors as vassals then he probably just needs to improve relations with them (and make sure that his capital is in the HRE)

Ah I gotta move my capital to the HRE, that'll do it.

I wish you could get a break down on why people vote how they vote. Like it's nice if I mouse over it shows I'm at -1000 and austria is at 150 and Baden is at -974 or what ever, but tell me why I'm at -1000, break it down. I'm sure it caps at -1000 and there's some "capital not in HRE -1000" modifier.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm a protestant republic and I think the catholics won the war except now the HRE is shattered and 90% non-catholic and ohhhh this explains why austria keeps getting elected and why there's only 3 electors, it's just those electors and austria as the last catholics.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I can't even fathom how people conquer the world. It's 1700 and I've taken about half of europe and am totally unstoppable but have lost any will to play more because :effort:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Elotana posted:

Is there a way to demand provinces from your vassals/lesser union partners? I would be perfectly happy cutting Spain loose if they'd give me their three African provinces and Mauritius. Otherwise I'm gonna need to burn a century of diplo points to paint the entirety of Africa.

Decide in your head-canon that this is a reasonable thing, tag switch, sell provinces, tag back :)

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I noticed there actually can be a significant vassalization/annex AE difference sometimes. And it can be handy in the short term if you're low on adm points to core that poo poo.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah dig through the event files, I think there's a special file just for HRE events.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

QuarkJets posted:

It's true regardless of what you're doing with your money. Income buildings are useful and often have tremendous payoff

I wish we had a nice construction window that would sort building locations by impact, or even gray out locations that aren't worth building. So you could get a nice list from highest impact to lowest and then click down the row to build temples or barracks or what ever based on that. Instead I hunt around on the map saying "ok click every time you see a number bigger than +0.2"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If you're not building temples and other buildings in the optimal build order I will fight you.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

RabidWeasel posted:

The real OP country in EU is Poland but for some reason the AI utterly sucks at playing them.

With zero meddling at all in eastern europe by my part, "commonwealth" controls from about Berlin to Siberia in the current game I'm playing, they're the #2 great power by a long shot. I've seen it happen before too. Once they snowball and break into russia they really get going.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Ofaloaf posted:

I'm still not sure what power projection does for me tbh

It's a thing they added that does very limited things and takes some care and attention to increase or optimize in any way. 99% of the time I forget it's even there. The bonuses aren't good enough for me to really base my wars or plans on, so it's just some bloat sitting up there on the bar.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I really like how we can invest in our vassals and colonial nations now. I build trade companies and poo poo on my fur zones, send those hats back to europe plz. Sure wish any of these good ideas would transfer over to Stellaris :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I really wish leaders just wouln't roll fire skill before you have any units that do fire damage.

• Locked thread