Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shroud
May 11, 2009

RabidWeasel posted:

I play probably 80%+ of my games in Persia or SEA so here's an excessively long effortlist of countries:

Great write-up!

Would it be possible to put this in the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroud
May 11, 2009
I'd like to see rival selection tweaked. You shouldn't lose one during a war if you can't select one at the same time. Either let us choose new ones during wartime, or don't let rivals drop during.

Also, there needs to be a minimum time frame for someone to stay a rival. I swear I've had some switch between being valid/invalid once a month over the course of a year, and it drives me crazy to see the same country drop off the list then return almost immediately. Make it a 5 year minimum period after selection or something

Shroud
May 11, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

Note that 40% liberty desire isn't too bad; it's only once they get over 50% that there's an actual risk of rebellion.

I had Persia (playing as Ottomans) as a vassal with 550% liberty desire at one point. They didn't do anything except sit around not helping during wars.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Kersch posted:

Have you ever considered making attrition in deserts intense? Like 10%+ more attrition? But give countries that start in that type of terrain a national bonus that negates it. Maybe it can be negated by other nations later in game by tech, or a national idea.

Maybe this, or alternately, give the Berbers a combat bonus in deserts/mountains. Like how the hordes get a bonus while fighting in the steppes.

Alternatively, maybe there should be a penalty for fighting in a desert unless that's terrain your capital is in? It seems like if countries have attrition and supply problems while fighting in the most developed area in the world (Europe), they should have it a lot worse in deserts/hostile terrain.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Rakthar posted:

I would like to Formally Request that we let this CB expire, I never thought I would need to write this many words to try to say "Too much of a good thing can be bad, in some situations", but I would like to write no more words about it.

Too late, a missionary has already been sent to raise your RR. Once you revolt, the mods will ban you.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
When that happened to me one time, I spent ~100 years clicking "Placate local rulers".

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Tahirovic posted:

One thing they forgot to do is add a 5% Siege advisor.

Speaking of which, I'd start taking Espionage if there was an idea that reduced the enemy's effective fort level. Just throwing that out there.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

DeeEmTee posted:

Steppe hordes get a 25% bonus to shock damage on friendly (owned?) steppe provinces. So what you do is build as many infantry as they have total units in their front line and then fill as much of your combat width as you can with horsemen for flanking bonuses which lets you completely stomp most armies. It's completely worth it to go into debt to break a big nation because they will almost always go into more debt due to your units not costing anything to reinforce.

Wouldn't that put your cavalry on the back row, or am I missing something?

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Odobenidae posted:

Khiva is a bunch of 1/1/1 provinces so it's not that much of a stretch.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

TheFlyingLlama posted:

the name needs to have something like matriarchal or matriarchy in it though

Gloria ad Steinum

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Does the vassal cut off for cheap cores still work? (Ala ottos release syria for cheap africa?)

Yep

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Where did these generals get their fire pips in the first place? How should it even be possible to have multiple fire pips in the mid 1400s?

Hey Paradox, can we get an event chain that lets us find the place where these people are getting their ridiculously advanced knowledge from?

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Kersch posted:

You've been discovered fabricating jokes in the thread and have suffered a decrease in opinion of you

Does that mean FYAD is the HRE?

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Koramei posted:

they did a livestream to show off some mare nostrum stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/v/53143409

Can someone give us some highlights please?

Shroud
May 11, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I still like monarchies more than republics. But gently caress republics really.

Why?

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Holy shitballs! Started a Poland-into-Prussia game because 1) new DLC, 2) never tried it before.

I just finished coring the Teutons, culture-shifted into Prussian (at +1 stablity) when I got event that gave me +1 stability, used Papal Influence to get another +1, and burned 160 ADM to get back to positive territory.

I was just thinking that now it was time to sit and wait until Austria recovered WE so I could call them into a war for Danzig with Pomerania + HRE Bohemia, when BAM!

Personal Union with Austria!!!:dance:

Only downside is that now I'm in a Succession War with England (who start with 3.4 WE from a brawl with France), but it should be easy enough to hold Vienna.

If anyone wants the save file, I can upload it to Dropbox.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

When mothballing a fleet, sailors no longer needed are now returned to the country's sailor pool (up to max sailors).

Now do this for disbanding army regiments & manpower, please.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Odobenidae posted:

If EU5 has some crazy pseudo-generated map that forms and deforms over time like geographers refining their techniques would draw I might keel over and die.

I never knew how much I wanted that until you opened your big mouth.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Paradox posted:

Heir Chance modifier no longer affects the life expectancy of your Heir.

What? So, until now, the higher your heir chance, the longer they'll live?

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Make it dependent on number of coastal provinces, maybe. Increase the number up and/or reduce cost of going over in Naval ideas.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
For the Paradox devs, would you consider changing something?

If a nation has subjects (Denmark, Austria, Poland, etc.), it's really annoying when their subjects constantly do those espionage actions to you all game long (i.e., sabotage recruitment, slander merchants, sow discontent). It's even more annoying when nations' colonies do the same. It's even worse when protectorates do it as well. In my last game, I don't think there was a single month where I didn't have all of those penalties in effect. It feels like it's just a constant negative modifier you can't do anything about. Maybe make it so that only the overlord could do those to other nations, while letting subjects just fabricate claims?

Having said that, the 2146 hours I've spent in EU4 have been great, thanks!

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Fintilgin posted:

You used to be able to do it as anyone. It must have been in an old patch, as mentioned, pre-liberty desire too.

IIRC in EU3 1.0 unions and inheritances were like.... totally random and way more common, and like... Savoy would just up and fully inherit France and poo poo.

I still remember my first game as the Ottomans, where I quit after the Crimean khanate got a PU over me when my starting ruler died a year into the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Europa Universalis IV: The Kebab's in the Cradle and the Bahmani Pune

• Locked thread