Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
So... I can't play the game, it doesn't even start up for me. I've unsubscribed from all mods, not sure how to delete them though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
I'm considering playing a One or Two province minor, but anytime i've played one in Europe (mainly HRE, in Germany) i've been stomped and my armies rapidly defeated, Any general advice/tips? Also how are you supposed to declare war in the HRE without dragging the emperor into it?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Can someone explain combat to me please? Is there anything i can do or do i just send my troops in with a numerical advantage and hope to god they somehow come out victorious without too many casulties? I presume i don't have much input, appart from where and when they battle? When im playing smaller nations im finding it nigh on impossible to beat or even contend with the stacks thrown against me.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
What's better for a naval orientated country; Naval or Maritime ideas? I presume both are useful, but i am wondering what one to pick first.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Wiz posted:

Dev diary about Estates is up.

Does every country have access to the estates? Or is it only Muslim, Western and Eastern European tech countries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

DeeEmTee posted:

Steppe hordes get a 25% bonus to shock damage on friendly (owned?) steppe provinces. So what you do is build as many infantry as they have total units in their front line and then fill as much of your combat width as you can with horsemen for flanking bonuses which lets you completely stomp most armies. It's completely worth it to go into debt to break a big nation because they will almost always go into more debt due to your units not costing anything to reinforce.

Really dumb question here but how do you find out what units go in the front line and combat width? Is it displayed anywhere?

• Locked thread