Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

WilliamAnderson posted:

Clearly Victoria 3 should just start at 1750.
I wouldn't mind if V3 started in 1821 or EU4 carried on for another 15 years, just so there isn't a gap between EU4 and V3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

PleasingFungus posted:

this just makes me really wish that there was wasteland between finland and sweden/norway.
It's called "Norrland".

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I'm the migrating Vietnam.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Elman posted:

I did it. I loving did it :hellyeah:

You say you did it, and yet I see no Allahbama (or Halalabama), no Caliphornia, no Peruthman. :colbert:

gently caress yeah on the WC, man.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I'm still not sure what power projection does for me tbh

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Don't dump on Gaeldom, I made the country file and the culture. :(

I mean it was gonna be in anyways, I just went on Wikipedia and shoved in actual Scottish Gaelic names. The Scottish Gaelic form of Nessie's name is even one of the ship names for Gaeldom's navy.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Enlighten me on every culture in the game

Now
Roman culture exists but it is not in the Latin group.

Never use the Gothic culture for a custom nation; the only defined dynasty for them is "of Gothia", so every single Gothic character will be an "of Gothia". Thomas of Gothia, Sabas of Gothia, Leo of Gothia, etc.

American is a valid culture in EU4. It's in the British group, and it's got crazy names I also did the revision for that one

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Poil posted:

That's not true anymore, they've added a few more last names I believe.
For the culture entry itself, rather than the country file? Still just has "of Gothia", last I looked.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

PleasingFungus posted:

How do I get Spain to stop supporting the independence of my subject? I didn't see an option in the diplomatic menu, and neither getting in a war with them nor getting a truce with them helped.
Spain can't support independence if there's no Spain on the map. :unsmigghh:

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Detheros posted:

More European "Migrations"
I've found one fun way to mod around that is to change the potential condition for forming a colonial revolter-- instead of a "is colonial nation or former colonial nation" check, I replaced it with technology group check (natives don't change tech group anymore, so just a NOT = { all native tech groups } check always prevents natives from forming the USA) and a capital location check, so any non-Native American independent realm with its capital in the New World can form the relevant colonial revolters.

This means that not only can independent colonial nations form, say, Brazil, but a European colonizer that's migrated/been exiled to the Colonial Brazil region can reform into Brazil, rather than being Brittany-in-Brazil forever.

Ofaloaf fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 14, 2017

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Xinder posted:

I have a strange love of the idea of exiled nations so this sounds awful to me, but I guess for people who feel opposite to me it might be nicer.
:shrug: My beef with exiled nations is that it can screw up gameplay stuff back in the Old World-- you can't force a blobtacular Spain to release Portugal as a nice loyal puppet of yours if Portugal still actually exists, but on the other side of the Atlantic.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

tombom posted:

They improved it significantly with expansions but on release it was definitely this hideous. The gameplay was pretty awful too, there was a reason Magna Mundi became so big
That's not even EU3 at release-- Austria was initially red, and only switched over to white in a later patch. Also, the Byzantine Empire was only added with the In Nomine expansion.

Basically, that's how pretty EU3 was after years of patches and multiple expansions. It only got vaguely pretty years later, when Divine Wind rolled out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Allyn posted:

:pwn: I only played DW, what was the setup for Greece/Anatolia before that?
In addition to everything else already said, the 1453 startdate and lack of a Byzantine tag meant that when Greek provinces revolted, they sometimes revolted in extraordinarily strange ways. I'm pretty sure more games ended with a 'Greece' in Crimea than with a Greece in Actual Greece.

• Locked thread