Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

GreyPowerVan posted:

Wiz, there's a bug with movement locking. If you're locked heading to a province, you can just click to move to that province again and it will instantly unlock you, letting you move to wherever you want.

I noticed this as well by accident. However the AI seems to not be able to do it.

It has been a very funny game, England 'won' the 100 years war and gained France under a PU, They shortly revolted and became independent.

Serbia somehow snuck under the Ottomans nose and conquered Constantinople along with Byzantiums directly controlled Greek lands, The Ottoman AI seems very confused about this change of events.

Pol-Lith PU fired, However Lith already was loosing crap loads of land to the Golden horde and Crimea. Lith shortly again broke out when the Teutonic Order heavily kicked Polands teeth in for the second time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I am finding the increased coring costs, harsh, but not overall game braking

This is the current tech map mode of my game about 85 years in, and despite all those core cost, annex costs, and even development costs I am still very well tech wise and leaps ahead of most of my border nations.

It has come down nothing much has changed since the AI also has these costs to deal with, that even if you are -5 behind time, the AI is probably even worse off :v:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I am not sure if this has been discussed, but I have found if rebels take land within a active forts s[hear of influence. They will not get their end of siege demand increase/nationalism, until they take the active fort and re siege the now unprotected lands

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Sorced posted:

I guess this solves the mystery as to why some provinces got seperatism and some didn't.

I posted about this a few pages back, Its good that it was working at intended and not a bug

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Jabarto posted:

So how are people placing their forts? Just on the borders, or interspersed throughout your territory? Also when you're not at war do you mothball some of your forts, all of them, or just leave them up to be safe?

The new fort mechanics are probably my favorite part of the expansion, but I'm having a little trouble telling if I'm going overboard with forts trying to make my country a nightmare to invade.

Playing a rich/vast nation I will have border forts that can over-loop each other zones of controls by Providences next door, as the country spreads they become my inwards fort defense, which will be mothballed if there will be no wars or rebels in the foreseeable future, My border ones will generally stay always active unless I consider the border the forts are in safe.

Playing some one not so rich, or vast. I am still working on that one

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

This is probably my new favorite event

Also Athens become Emperor, and won the league wars

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

The main trick was using a vassal to break the land connection to asia so he could get the distant overseas discount to coring stuff over there.

I still reckon the distant overseas costs should make it more expensive, or take much longer to core, not dirt cheap to core

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I can understand the ai problem as they do struggle with the new forts. However it has made very funny and dynamic maps. Which balances it out for me

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Castile, Portugal and Ottomans are what I consider easy starts

Portugal and Castile and become overseas power houses, the main difference is how much of an impact you want in Europe over all

Ottomans start in a spot where they can influence most of eroupe and the arab world, having many paths to expend through war on both sides, They also have pretty good events till late game

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Been playing some of the beta patch, and the changes to development are better, but maybe too easy now, However I don't think a multiplier of adding more monarch points would fix it. Maybe they could add a cooldown to development that lasts say 10 years? and decreases with high end tech in admin?

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

About this much, which was about the same time, or maybe later in the same game.

Hungary and Poland can do it, but not to the same level a Muslim tech nation could

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Donald Duck posted:

I think the 23% discipline advantage is the key thing there.

It did play a part but at the same time he had about 60% cavalierly bonuses. All the discipline did was make sure he had enough horses survive to the shock phase

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

The AI will never ask for it since it cheats on sea, and colonization based gameplay. If you play multiplayer you do see it more

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Lori posted:

Cross-posting this from the multiplayer thread:

Venice is a good country. If you haven't played it before you should. You can even get up to +2 yearly Republican Tradition from events and a policy.

Its a shame all that money could not wipe away poor military choices for your allies :smug:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Remember that if your facing rebel problems that inner forts will be very helpful, There where some changed awhile back that the rebels have to capture the fort to be able to further there causes, It will be very helpful if you are very vast and rich nation as you might find national rebals will be able to force their terms long before your armies can get there and stomp them out

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

skasion posted:

Get Common Sense

This

So I decided to have an Ironman Russia game with no real goal in mind. And I have hit a little snag when it comes to the Europe theater.

For being heavy on lucky nations, Not many managed to survive to keep it.

The Ottomans had a very bad first war, in that they got dog piled by Venice, Mamluks and even Byzantium. keeping them alive a little longer than expected, Ottomans did come back, But not for long.

France...I am not sure what happened here, Burgandy seems to want to go big red blob, Netherlands revolted, and was quickly suppressed violently

Spain and GB have had very normal games, Austria too if you don't count loosing the HRE in the first week, giving it to Bohemia. like to belive I am in a strong position, But some one is in an even stronger one, The Commonwealth .

They are really insanely powerful and seem to have kept their lucky nation tag. wars are very painful since if I don't have stacks twice as large I will get destroyed in the first month from moral depletion . He is running around with 100k stacks. I can run around with 300k, if I could afford that in manpower and in gold per month.

I think I found my goal, Live long enough till I can throw enough manpower at the problem :v:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

he has that stupid polandball mod because I guess he really likes racist reddit comics

I just like the look of it and adds a little sillyness changing flags and units to balls with eyes

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

What I really want personally is a reason to spend my monarch points the way I want to, and not the way I need to because of some exploit that happened that I don't care about, or for the sake of historical accuracy. EUIV after all looses all historical accuracy once the game is unpaused, player or not.

I like to play my EUIV games along the ways of here is history, now go gently caress it up!, and not here is history, now go follow the carefully lined tracks of your nation.

The same for the exploits. I don't care what some guy on youtube did to beat the world in a month as Albania, let me play my game and not be punished for it.

What I am trying to say it, back on the topic of Monarch points, Don't shoe horn every mechanic into it. Else people will just find the most efficient way to spend monarch points, leading to what we do have now, If your not in the HRE you still just conquer to make your nation better, If your in the HRE, you develop your nation so you can than conquer to make your nation better. Most of the times you can just ignore the develop stage cause it is not an efficient way of using monarch points. And than there is the forced shoe horning to make you, and the AI play out the nation they picked like they did back than. even though the game won't follow that course because of random events

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Nov 4, 2015

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Guys, we have missed the best point about the Cossacks expansion, The new launcher allows borderless window mode now!

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

It was. But looks like it never made it through, still a bad idea doing anything in the great new world wasteland that is not colonizing

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Colonial expansion is probably the best event ever for gaining two hundred settlers for very little change.

I have had it happen at least twice on all my colonies on my shady ideas guy run in the random new world. The new native focus also does not seem to work, least if your on the new world, as I have set it to oppress the native, and have yet to see any attacks

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 3, 2015

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

tractor fanatic posted:

I tried limiting the seats to 10, but random provinces are still periodically gaining seats (maybe that event is bugged?), so as far as I can tell the 10 province limit only applies to the pop up. I'm up to 20 seats now.

Its a bug that is supposed to be fixed next patch. One most of us in the MP game found out the hard way, including a republic veriation of the seats for a Tartarstan that is the size of Russia

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 25, 2016

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

It seems like with ever major DLC. AE get broken some how

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Many of the great powers in the games I have played have always seem to be at the best 110% above tech cost, and at worst 200%, which makes sense as they have far more land to deal with before they can pay money to advance

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

4 ducts a months seems really low as Castile. Did you loose half of Liberia or something?

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

The Ottomans are an unstoppable force for the first two centurys, if you can become a tribute, or keep high relations with them, the better. Seeing Persia spawned try and ally them instead of QA now

As for warring them them, you need lots of mans, or gold, maybe both, continue to eat down to Kilwa and take all those high dev coastline and gold, your going to run into state problems yes, but every little bit helps

Whenever I am the only one of my faith I tend to take defender of the faith, every little bit helps here again

As for navy, yeah if you have the spare cash, build light ships, and if you can transfer enough trade from Goa, do so and start collecting in the gulf, make it your home trade port even as Ethiopia is kinda useless being a starting node

As for Ideas, Defensive is a great one to have as Ethiopia, as you already have national, land, and even religion modifiers to make taking forts down hell, making Ethiopia the most cancerous land after all the core costs where taken out.
I am playing with the idea of Aristocratic as one of my starting mil ideas in the Mapgoons MP game for the extra manpower instead of quantity as I am aiming for the 40% infantry combat ability, since I don't need to throw mans at the Ottoman player to simply live

If you want to develop you do not have many spots, drylands is the best its going to get, develop on those, and after that gold is the next best thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Quantumfate posted:

I got tired of struggling with ironman and wanted to dick around with Incas. I wish I had done ironman because it's 1640 and europe does not have its poo poo together. It may be endlessly amusing that it takes my army over a year to march across my borders, but I still wanted to know what the gently caress was up with the new world coming to stomp me in.

Tagged over to the old world and I think my game is broken.

spectralent posted:

What the gently caress happened? :psyduck:

Also you better check out the timeline to see how that happened

• Locked thread