Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Common Sense is pretty great - my favorite feature is that you can demand land in a war you haven't actually conquered yet: opens up a whole new dynamic to waging war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Starting a new game as England/UK and I have to say I really enjoy the new way of evolving nations. That being said - what governs your "government rank?"

Apparently with a high enough one I can turn the UK from a kingdom into an empire (does that mean I get an emperor? neat.) but it seems to go from 350-450 depending on the month and I need it to hit 1000.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
So once you discover all the land in the Americas/Australia - I guess you can't look for phat loots via the lost cities? Bummerino.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Hey Wiz - ever since El Dorado (I think) I notice that my trade fleets periodically dock up without orders to do so - thus temporarily causing my trade bonuses to collapse only to resurface once the fleet sets out to sea again. This occurs in coastal regions even with the coastal repair idea so I'm not sure why they feel the need to do this - or is this a bug?

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
So I got humanism for Japan with the hopes that the 50% cultural acceptance idea would allow easy integration of Ainu and Korean cultures - but both are still red to me; bug?

Unrelated but also:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=477002639

There is a Polandball flag mod - this is good. :thumbsup:

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

"Succession war between Great Britain and Wales."

Well, I know who I'm rooting for.

How does Cornwall even get into the HRE?

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
My game as France is funny because I curb stomped the nations that had a mind to colonize N. America so that part of the world is all but bare by 1752. I don't know who else does this but before waging a big war to release a nation (like Naples from Spain) I will ally myself with everyone I can think of and demand that everyone join in on the war days later - either destabilizing them (good for me) or bringing more cannon fodder (not as good but good for me)

Poor Portugal has not wised up to this yet.

Also - I turned the Pyreneese into Mordor with a 6 level 4 forts and each time I war against Spain I get to sit back and watch the Spanish armies break upon the mountains from attrition. What I will say is the last war had Spain just sit back and stare at the mountain line from Girona almost as if it was saying "I remember what happened last time I tried that, and hell no."

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

Sephyr posted:

Alright, England game was coming along fine. Lots of trade, colonies, and even nibbling almost all of France's coastline...but now, in the early 1600s, there's an English Civil War disaster looming, saying I need to have a debate in Parliament.

I can find no key or tab for that. Is it in one of the expansions?

Bottom right corner you will see a button near the HRE button - start a debate their, bribe the seats with various stuff to get a chance of winning. It's a pretty neat mechanic tbh.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Today I decided to try something for fun and instead of breaking up the Ottomans as the HRE - I gave the Ottomans territories equal to a 2000% win score for them, to see what would happen.

Worth it.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Silly question :with universities now providing a 20% local development cost buff:

Does it mean local as in THAT ONE PROVINCE gets a 20% cost reduction, or local as in all local provinces.

If the second, do they stack?

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

Gitro posted:

It'd be nice to have an easily accessible summary of a nation's manpower, army size, forcelimits, navy breakdown and maybe their income from the normal diplomacy window, as a page over kind of thing. It's not hard to use the ledger, but it's annoying if you want to quickly assess the strength of an alliance of nations with different first letters in their names. It lags like rear end on speed 5 ironman too.

This is a pretty excellent suggestion... Anyone know of a workshop mod along these lines?

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

Koesj posted:

Pulled the trigger on my first League War. gently caress you, Europe!

:ohdear:

Poland and Lithuania being on opposite ends of this is very interesting - did you personally see to that or just random chance?

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Could someone explain to me like I am 5 the differences between Trade Power and Local Trade Power? I read a couple threads on other forums regarding the subject but it is going over my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
I need to say that Cossacks is by far my favorite expansion to date. Good job Wiz and crew.

• Locked thread