Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonbon
Feb 15, 2004
sdf
The move locking is broken (for humans.) Just queue a move that would take you through the province you're currently moving to and the move lock cancels.

e: http://i.imgur.com/CvVzzFx.gifv I don't think I explained it right.

Gonbon fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jun 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonbon
Feb 15, 2004
sdf

Pellisworth posted:

Unfortunately there aren't that many nations with RT bonuses. Venice gets a couple from events, Novgorod has the largest bonus as far as I know.

Venice has the strongest RT bonuses. After 100 years you should have +0.6 RT/year from two permanent event modifiers (Some time after 1520.) Since I don't think anyone else gets permanent RT modifiers from events.

It's possible (I think?) to get to 0.8 RT/year, but that requires taking a -0.3 hit to your RT/year for ~100 years (~1550-~1650.) And it's not guaranteed to happen since it's a MTTH of 10 years and can only fire within a 20 year span, which would leave you stuck with +0.3 RT/year.

Gonbon
Feb 15, 2004
sdf
They'll join on your side. At least that's been the case for me.

Gonbon
Feb 15, 2004
sdf

nothing to seehere posted:

Have you embraced the Counter-Reformation? I believe doing so makes you immune to conversion by centres of reformation, so if you haven't and all your neighbours have, good luck.

It would be a bit odd for a Muslim to embrace the counter-reformation.

Gonbon
Feb 15, 2004
sdf

Gitro posted:

E: does anyone know if the Rising Sun achievement checks to see if you're not Japan? The wiki doesn't mention it as a criteria and I'd love to do it in the dumbest way possible. With judicious vassal release and/or client states I'm sure I can manage to jump ship to Europe.

Your capital has to be in Europe when the game starts.

Gonbon
Feb 15, 2004
sdf

Star posted:

Okay, it was me that was retarded. Even though I really looked carefully so I didn't use the wrong cb, I stupidly enough used the enforce religion cb. But I am beginning to wonder if there is something weird going on anyway, as now when the truce is over I still cannot attack the protestant league leader as I have no league cb available. I am thinking that it might be because my capital isn't in the HRE and thus I am not really a member of it?

You're the emperor, you don't get to declare the league war.

Gonbon
Feb 15, 2004
sdf

Jexner posted:

Having this annoying bug

doesnt go away after a reload, or after a month. :(
edit:
it goes away after 3 or so months and then it crashes everytime.
Gud game.

Try hiring an advisor (in whatever category you want your future ruler's stat to go up by 2,) then saving/reloading or something. It looks like it was changed so each of the options require an advisor but not the event trigger itself.

Gonbon
Feb 15, 2004
sdf

Another Person posted:

Victory cards do not work right now.

They're purely about score, so if you don't care at all about score just ignore them. Also I could be recalling this wrong but I'm pretty sure the victory card being on your ally isn't just chance. They're actually decently likely to be on your allies (or at least neighbouring players, maybe?) to help stir the pot, strain relations, and help prevent unbreakable game-long alliance blocks. So the "Do you want to stab your ally? Y/n?" thing is one of the primary reasons for their existence.

edit: Sorry, didn't refresh.

Another Person posted:

Unless there is a prize on the line, punching an ally in the dick to get very little reward is just not fun or conductive to survival.

They based victory cards on their own multiplayer games, where the winner is the one with the most points at the end of the game. They have little trophies too I think. So the point of victory cards is score, and they're designed to help crown a victor. So, again, if you don't care about score then don't worry about victory cards, forget they exist entirely. Your grand ambition suggestion could be interesting, but that's basically just the mission system on a slightly larger scale.

Gonbon fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonbon
Feb 15, 2004
sdf

Too Poetic posted:

I vassalized Yeren as Japan and I can't use their reconquest cb for their cores. Why?

Probably something to do with Japan not being able to use subject CBs. Japan would vassal swarm the mainland when using subject CBs was added. If you're still a Shogunate then hurry up and stop being that. If your government type isn't a Shogunate then its probably just a bug.

• Locked thread