Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
so is common sense garbage? seems to be getting a lot of bad press in the steam review pile

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I may or may not have forgotten to set the mean time to happen for my population growth event back to its proper value after initially setting it to 1 month to make sure it worked.

cellulose mutation is a super strong trait

Soup du Journey fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

common sense is cool and good, paradox fans are a bunch of sperging babies.
gently caress man i was just on the shitter, coulda gotten u that tp. maybe next time. thanks for the tip though! :tipshat:

Gort posted:

It's a pity they released it just before going on holiday though - I'm missing their usually-speedy bug fixing.
i think i still have ptsd from the last time this happened. i guess i should get it anyway though; i make terrible choices all the time

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

TTBF posted:

two of the seven cities of gold
speaking of which, how does El Dorado interact with sunset invasion ck2 conversions?

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

TTBF posted:

The converter isn't up to date for the current CK2 and EU4 maps last I checked, so it doesn't work.
oh lame. how long has that been the case? since horse lords came out?

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Thinking of making a custom merchant republic in the Caribbean with something better than native tech. Is this a waste of my time? Tax is abysmal everywhere, I've noticed. If I expand into South America, will those provinces count as colonies, in the same way that they do for the Europeans? How do the El Dorado exploration events work for a guy based in the New World, anyway?

I take it I should be building a national idea set focused on colonists, trade, and merchants.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pakled posted:

Yes, any South American province more than 150 distance away from your capital will count as overseas and become colonial nations. So if your capital was somewhere in the southern part of the Lesser Antilles you could probably get some South American provinces without them becoming colonial nations, but not many. You'll be able to expand in North and Central America without it becoming colonial nations. Incidentally, the Lesser Antilles also have some of the best tax in the New World.
Do land connections across continents negate the overseas thing in the new world? I notice Trinidad is a North American, Caribbean island with one of those little strait crossings into South America. If I were to plunk my republic down there, would I be able to settle both North and South America without having my provinces turn into colonial nations?

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any reason why I'd prefer to have a colonial nation, rather than just owning the land directly? I'm still thinking about where I'd like to toss my little caribbean merchant republic. Trinidad is a North American island with a strait to South America, which would allow me to settle both continents without having to deal with colonial nations, but am I coming out ahead by avoiding them? Would it be better in some way to instead double down on colonial nations, even if I'm a new world power? Do you colonize faster if you've got CN's chipping in or something? I haven't played much EU4 at all, so there might be some obvious tradeoffs that I'm missing.

Edit: If doubling down has some perks, I might just make the Caribbean its own continent, which I guess would allow me to integrate some coastlines on both continents while spinning off the stuff further inland

Soup du Journey fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 19, 2015

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
so im thinking of later converting this ck2 game im playing right now, and i've got a question about ai hordes: how well would an ai mongol empire do if it has p. much the entirety of eastern europe? would it be able to eventually reform itself given what it has, or is the ai kind of lacking in that regard?

im p. sure it'd be beastly early on, but i guess i'm wondering if i should expect a power vacuum in the region in the mid-late game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Is the HRE hardcoded to have only monarchs be eligible for emperors, or can theocracies or republics be modded to work as well? Can succession IA be modded too? Wondering if I can mod the HRE mechanics to work a little differently for the CK2 game I'll be converting soonish

• Locked thread