Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

some guy named passwordissame used to troll everything as a node.js evangelical and it owned

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellow borders
Jan 7, 2010

Reddit; Not Even Once

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
reddit doesn't produce nearly enough panda pics

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I really like /r/awww and /r/science...

Science ftw

but do you loving Love Science

i know i do

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
science is a cold hearted two faced motherfucker that will take your loving arm off if you turn your back on it for two goddamned seconds

love science? no, you should respect science :colbert:

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
the admins banned /r/whalewatching because they thought it was about fat people

it was about actual whales lol

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

yellow borders posted:

Reddit; Not Even Once

:agreed:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Jonad posted:

the admins banned /r/whalewatching because they thought it was about fat people

it was about actual whales lol

it used to be actual whalewatching but apparently a bunch of people from fph moved there and were posting and upvoting fat people pictures there. admins reversed the ban and the moderators made it private until the storm blows over.

i'm oddly curious to see how long the tantrum will go on for. it is also really funny how the awful people are providing all the evidence in the world of just much they needed to be banned. if anything it is a good lesson to the reddit admins (and admins everywhere) that you need to be quick with the banhammer before things start to get entrenched.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Shifty Pony posted:

it used to be actual whalewatching but apparently a bunch of people from fph moved there and were posting and upvoting fat people pictures there. admins reversed the ban and the moderators made it private until the storm blows over.

i'm oddly curious to see how long the tantrum will go on for. it is also really funny how the awful people are providing all the evidence in the world of just much they needed to be banned. if anything it is a good lesson to the reddit admins (and admins everywhere) that you need to be quick with the banhammer before things start to get entrenched.

registering an account on reddit is effortless and doesn't even require a valid email

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

i'm oddly curious to see how long the tantrum will go on for

can't be that long right, it's not like there's a precedent for stupid nerd vendettas stretching out for months on end, in the name of high principles that sadly simply must include the possibility of doxxing and harassment if our rights as cybercitizens in the web 2.0 are to mean anything

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

please guild my post

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

never forget:

:reddit:

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

dimebag dinkman posted:

don't be too hasty, it probably feels kinda satisfying to squish it between your fingers... but on the other hand, we're supposed to be trying to have a civilization. what a dilemma

just wet shave beforehand and touch the poop whilst vapeing (like a -you guessed it- a sir) so your classiness is beyond doubt

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Cat Face Joe posted:

registering an account on reddit is effortless and doesn't even require a valid email

shoulda charged :10bux:

BarDown
Jun 20, 2013

Peace among worlds
*burp*BITCHHHH*burp*

Testiclops posted:

im sure there are good places on reddit

just like im sure there are some undigested pieces of food in my poop

not going to look for them either way

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

dimebag dinkman posted:

can't be that long right, it's not like there's a precedent for stupid nerd vendettas stretching out for months on end, in the name of high principles that sadly simply must include the possibility of doxxing and harassment if our rights as cybercitizens in the web 2.0 are to mean anything

well there is probably a contingent of nerds still mad about the pew pew guns in a star trek movie being the wrong color or something, but they keep to whatever corner of the internet so normal people don't have to interact with them.

i just wonder how long the before the "gently caress you dad! you can't tell me how to live!" rage becomes impotent and unable to push anything into visibility on reddit. every hour that passes it loses novelty and every new subreddit/username banned just demotivates more because it shows just how futile the whole thing is.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

well there is probably a contingent of nerds still mad about the pew pew guns in a star trek movie being the wrong color or something, but they keep to whatever corner of the internet so normal people don't have to interact with them.

i just wonder how long the before the "gently caress you dad! you can't tell me how to live!" rage becomes impotent and unable to push anything into visibility on reddit. every hour that passes it loses novelty and every new subreddit/username banned just demotivates more because it shows just how futile the whole thing is.

they've already started to split off to some dump called voat

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i like to go to r/baduk and learn to play go, and also go to other really tiny and focused subreddits

thats my reddit story thanks for listening

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Cat Face Joe posted:

they've already started to split off to some dump called voat

do all internet communities spawn turbo-racist spinoff forums?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

I have a right to post racist stuff, read the constitution

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
only ironically of course. I'm not really a racist misogynist anti-Semite idiot, you see

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

The Management posted:

I have a right to post racist stuff, read the constitution

yeah i keep hearing this stuff about internet rights, but sites can have practically any rules they want. a bunch of redditers are turning away and going to a new site to poison

e: as mentioned, the new site is called voat apparently

LP0 ON FIRE fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 11, 2015

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
ELLEN PAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

voat's been around a while hasn't it? I can't get it to load

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

Silver Alicorn posted:

I can't get it to load

same

im pretty ok with that

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

ok it finally loaded after like 5 minutes

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Cold on a Cob posted:

science is a cold hearted two faced motherfucker that will take your loving arm off if you turn your back on it for two goddamned seconds

love science? no, you should respect science :colbert:

I would never turn my back on science but I don't think this is true anyway.

Science is cool and nice and I love it

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
free speech is entirely overrated

some ppl should just not be able to express their opinions

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Upvote this webzone five times if you want me to go to CEO of Reddit Ellen Paige's house and beat her unconscious with Free Speach.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

I would never turn my back on science but I don't think this is true anyway.

science is cool, like a prehistoric cave bear. you can tame it and ride it into battle and use it to crush your enemies but don't you ever loving trust it implicitly

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

qirex posted:

only ones where the slightest constraint is placed on white male posters

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Silver Alicorn posted:

voat's been around a while hasn't it? I can't get it to load

it's because like 1/4 of the people from reddit are trying to get it to load right now

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sweevo posted:

never forget:

:reddit:

adtrw is still around

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Same. I especially like it when they tell you the P value, because then you know you only have a 5% chance of being wrong

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

Cold on a Cob posted:

science is cool, like a prehistoric cave bear. you can tame it and ride it into battle and use it to crush your enemies but don't you ever loving trust it implicitly

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Vintersorg posted:

adtrw is still around

ban adtrw and also any trekkies

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cold on a Cob posted:

I am Neil deGrasse Tyson. an Astrophysicist. But I think about Art often. (self.Art)

I’m perennially intrigued when the universe serves as the artist’s muse. I wrote the foreword to Exploring the Invisible: Art, Science, and the Spiritual, by Lynn Gamwell (Princeton Press, 2005). And to her sequel of that work Mathematics and Art: A Cultural History (Princeton Press, Fall 2015). And I was also honored to write the Foreword to Peter Max’s memoir The Universe of Peter Max (Harper 2013).

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I trust science implicitly every day I don't know what the problem with that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

I trust science implicitly every day I don't know what the problem with that is

i like ur av