Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Notorious QIG posted:

*answers phone*

wazzzzzzzup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq8Uc5BFogE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

syscall girl posted:

buuuud
   /
:frog:

weis
   /

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Notorious QIG posted:

weis
   /

errrr
   /

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

syscall girl posted:

buuuud
   /
zing
   /

syscall girl posted:

errrr
   /

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
:butt:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Notorious QIG posted:

*answers phone*

wazzzzzzzup

I remember when those towers stood before its metal was melted by jet fuel

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I remember when those towers stood before its metal was melted by jet fuel

That jet fuel you like? I've got bad news

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Notorious QIG posted:

That jet fuel you like? I've got bad news

Jet fuel can't melt quadcopters

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I don't care about any of this stupid gay poo poo

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Ludwig van Halen posted:

mlyp

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BONGHITZ posted:

wrong. it is bad.

It's good.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

vodkat posted:

lol that yospos tryhards are offended by this sincere and good advice

thank you

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Ludwig van Halen posted:

added to minutes

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
coming out isn't always a good idea j finally got the courage to tell my mom and stepdad that im a brony and they kicked me out of the house and I looked back and now I'm. a pillar of salt

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

some people have complicated relationships with their sexuality

maybe being seen as straight is really important to someone for reasons that are more internally complex than "oh geez someone might unfriend me"

forcing anyone's hand about private matters is petty and despicable no matter how you slice it

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
coming out, going in, it doesn't matter much if we all stay within the bounds of our comfort prisons (bedrooms, basements, etc)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Triglav posted:

coming out, going in

but enough about your mom

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Triglav posted:

🎶 coming out, going in, staying out, eating in, pack it up pack it in -- let me begin 🎶

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

Mido posted:

forcing anyone's hand about private matters is petty and despicable no matter how you slice it

exception: hypocritical preachers and politicians?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

sund posted:

especially them because there seems to be a stereotype of any homophobe secretly being gay

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
what about eg revealing that newt was having an affair while publicly denouncing Clinton for his

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

what about eg revealing that newt was having an affair while publicly denouncing Clinton for his

no one cares about what ginggrich does with his dick

it's like a black hole trying to imagine that he had one and all the information just gets lost

what were we talking about?

just imagining a grotesque lump of hairy flesh absorbing a miniature Washington monument

keymaster02
Mar 11, 2014

I had sex with a 32-year old at 16. SA is run by SJWs. Liking 16-year olds is not pedophilia. I hate your pronoun. I like young boys. I donate to the NAACP and probably NAMBLA too.

OSI bean dip posted:

call out the bs on their sacred cow and you'll get four different people trying to tell you otherwise

Agreed.

Not respecting someone's right to come out of the closet themselves leads to tragedies like Oliver Sipple.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Wintering Stinkbug posted:

Agreed.

Not respecting someone's right to come out of the closet themselves leads to tragedies like Oliver Sipple.

hi

keymaster02
Mar 11, 2014

I had sex with a 32-year old at 16. SA is run by SJWs. Liking 16-year olds is not pedophilia. I hate your pronoun. I like young boys. I donate to the NAACP and probably NAMBLA too.

quote:

StoryCan't connect to the Internet, started Cmd.exe and used the "ping" command (self.pcmasterrace)

submitted 20 hours ago by Nehemz

I recently lost Internet access around 2 am this morning. I got really irritated and started restarting my modem and router multiple times hoping that it would eventually fix my connection. Tried checking my router and modem settings, I found no unusual things within it, everything seems normal, thinking that it's definitely the ISP's server at fault. Wanted to contact the Provider but the only way I can contact them is through internet or walking to their branch office less than half a kilometer away (the office was closed, it is Sunday and too early in the morning), no telephones here neither do I have a cellphone.

And then I waited for hours, watched TV for the first time in the month till sunrise. Watching TV ain't my thing. That's when I thought about flooding their server, using the power of command prompt. Tried the pinging plenty of DNS and some IP nonstop hoping that it could flood their servers. POOF, within 1-2 minutes, I tried loading google's page and I'm back online. Wonder if I did is bad or rightful, but drat it I'm online!

And for the simple command I used, ping -t 8.8.4.4 (any IP will do) till the whole screen fills whatever the server replies, mostly errors that results to host unreachable or some error. They mostly fix these kinds of problems only when I report to them, but now I found out something that makes me not to do that.

Truly the Übermensch of digital bit twiddling.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

sund posted:

the only people it's OK to out are hypocritical bigots

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Truly the Übermensch of digital bit twiddling.

lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
what is reddit

keymaster02
Mar 11, 2014

eschaton posted:

the only people it's OK to out are hypocritical bigots

I cringe at that too. Yeah, I guess they have it coming but a lot of those bigots - their entire social circle is made up of other people that are just as bigoted. I'm not sure anyone deserves being cut off abruptly from their friends and their family. I feel pity for them because they were born into a situation that caused them to literally hate themselves.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

I cringe at that too. Yeah, I guess they have it coming but a lot of those bigots - their entire social circle is made up of other people that are just as bigoted. I'm not sure anyone deserves being cut off abruptly from their friends and their family. I feel pity for them because they were born into a situation that caused them to literally hate themselves.

you literally pity the fool

keymaster02
Mar 11, 2014

bump_fn posted:

you literally pity the fool

I've seen it done. The parents get it in their head their small child is gay. They spend the next 10 years drilling it into the kid's head that being gay is an abomination or whatever because they think being attracted to the same sex is a lifestyle choice. They get the kid heavily involved in church thinking it will save them from hell or w/e. They grow up, wind up actually being gay. Now they are a very religious person that holds a sincere belief in their heart they are going to hell. This is still common in the south.

It's become something of a climate change denier movement in conservative circles to deny that gender identity and sexual orientation either have a genetic basis, or are the results of something that happen in the womb. It challenges their faith based on a literal interpretation of the bible that God would know someone in the womb and at the same time create an abomination.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I've seen it done. The parents get it in their head their small child is gay. They spend the next 10 years drilling it into the kid's head that being gay is an abomination or whatever because they think being attracted to the same sex is a lifestyle choice. They get the kid heavily involved in church thinking it will save them from hell or w/e. They grow up, wind up actually being gay. Now they are a very religious person that holds a sincere belief in their heart they are going to hell. This is still common in the south.

It's become something of a climate change denier movement in conservative circles to deny that gender identity and sexual orientation either have a genetic basis, or are the results of something that happen in the womb. It challenges their faith based on a literal interpretation of the bible that God would know someone in the womb and at the same time create an abomination.

Shut up.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

source your quotes

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

get out of yospos

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
forever

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Mido posted:

some people have complicated relationships with their sexuality

maybe being seen as straight is really important to someone for reasons that are more internally complex than "oh geez someone might unfriend me"

I don't advocate "doxing" or "forcing someone's hand" but I do privately counsel miserable closeted gays to come out unless they live in Russia of smth

keymaster02
Mar 11, 2014

Lol if you think this thread belongs in yospos.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:agreed:

:gas: thread ban op Wintering Stinkbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lol if u think Wintering Stinkbug belongs in yospos

• Locked thread