Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

All the arms we need are for hugging
Sorry, I've been super busy this past week! I'm still in it. Don't give my team away. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

So I forgot my password and it won't let me sign in or reset my pass.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

What is your paypal address?

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

How much was the buy-in for this dynasty? I sent 20 a while ago but just realized maybe it was higher than that.

edit: gently caress it was $25. Sending an extra 5 bucks.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

I think something is wonky with last season's stats because it is saying I was 2-12 with several games scoring 0 points total.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Should we pause the draft until we sort this out? Johnny Football is on the clock right now right?

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

I planned my draft with the idea that I had the 3rd position. :(

Is there a confirmation that something went wrong with the draft order or is there just confusion rampant?

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I am ready to draft.

I would like to propose something regarding playoffs. Instead of having Week 15 be largely useless, I would like to propose we split into three playoffs. Ranks 1-4, 5-8, and 9-12 playing in their own playoffs for the respective picks within that tier.

This way everyone has a reason to give a poo poo about Week 15, we're less likely to forget, and it's more fun.

Thoughts?

I think being able to jump or being pushed down 3 spots is just too much. Sure, for the better teams in the 3 tiers that would be awesome: it is a chance for the 4th worse team to get a better draft spot. But I think it is too punishing to the really bad teams in each tier. The worst team in the league being pushed down to the #4 pick makes getting out of the hole that much harder.

It could also have the reverse effect by giving the owners less hope to build up a better team. If their access to the best players is even harder, it may cause them to abandon the league.

I feel like the current system we have is a good compromise between promoting not tanking and still fairly positioning bad teams to have better access to the newest crop of talent.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

The tier system doesn't even prevent tanking to be honest. If you are ranked 8th in the league you might want to tank so that you get into the bottom tier(rank 9-12) and then beat the bad teams so that you can get the #1 team. It actually gives more incentive for mediocre teams to tank so that they can get the #1 pick.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Eddie Royal the best 8th round pick up? Alshon Jeffery and Kevin White both out.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Hey, you dummies. Submit your line-ups. Football has started.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Ray Rice, Montee Ball, and Eric Ebron as my 1st rounders the past 3 years is pretty much why my team blows. Here is to Amari Cooper being a bust as well.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Anderron Shi posted:

Of course, beer has the lowest points against in the league so far.

Please god let me beat him this week.

My team shits itself whenever I play him.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Let's go Green Bay!

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Hey Bigfoot...your TE has been inactive for 3 weeks. Just FYI.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

That D. Williams handcuff.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Sataere posted:

I think the main reason I deserve to have a top three draft pick next year is that I started Jay Cutler over Drew loving Brees. :(

Tanking confirmed.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Wow, Antonio Brown and DeAngelo Williams did work this week.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Hey guys, I just made a big mistake trying to deal with IR. I was trying to drop Matt Cassell and accidently selected dropping Teddy Bridgewater. Can I get a reverse on that?

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

I'd prefer Bridgewater!

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Has this been fixed? Otherwise I'll take care of it.

It is now. Thanks!

Re: Ridiculous division, yes it really makes me wish our system for choosing the last play-off team wasn't just who scored the most points.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Don't get me wrong, if we went to playoffs right now, I would be the one getting in. It is just not intuitive if a 3-7 team gets into the playoffs (your example). I don't care enough to argue it though.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

This division now has four 8-4 teams.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

I'll allow it. Good to know I'm not the only dumb rear end.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

My team decided to poo poo the bed today as well though(Amari Cooper with 0 catches and Greg Olsen who only played for 1 half) so we may end up with an entire division of 9-5 teams. It will depend on total points scored over the season to determine who gets the spot so it likely will still be B4BG in the playoffs.

edit: Looks like Newtonian Fluid will get the wild card spot so I am probably completely out now.

OhSnapGangsta fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 14, 2015

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Holy poo poo Eli Manning outscored 2 players? Dethroned the king! Time to get murdered in the playoffs!

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Frgrbrgr posted:

4 years. 4 semifinal losses. I'm cursed.

I haven't even made the playoffs until now.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

They each need ~4 TDs so we need Bresus.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

What a terrible start

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

I'm going to need a shoot-out in the Giants-Vikings game.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Eli :(...

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Well, I'm pretty sure game is wrapped.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Isn't it 16?

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Do I get $ for being runner up?

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Papes posted:

Pretty sure it's 16.

Gg in the finals! Great turnaround year for you, shows how much 1 year can make considering we both finished bottom 4 last year.

Yeah, I feel like I had a really good draft this year after blowing it on all the previous drafts. Getting Cooper, Diggs, and Hurns was very fortunate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah, send me a PM.

Papes you're paid up.

Did you get my PM?

• Locked thread