Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
im probably never going to play ck2 again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

elfbutt
now owns 16 more games
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation | Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Nepgear's Beam Zapper ZERO | Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Histy's Rescue Plans | Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Additional Content Pack 3 | Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Additional Content Pack 2 | Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Additional Content Pack 1 | Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Additional Content2 | Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Additional Content1 | Crusader Kings II: Iberian Unit Pack | Crusader Kings II: Iberian Portraits | Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Histoire Battle Entry | Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Peashy Battle Entry | Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Plutia Battle Entry | Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Additional Content3 | Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne | Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

Gah!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

lol you bought Charlemagne

lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

is Killer Is Dead worth four bucks?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

is Killer Is Dead worth four bucks?

it depends on how much you like weird anime that leaves you with more questions than answers

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

that sounds good but does the gameplay suck

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

that sounds good but does the gameplay suck

its extremely average.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Famous TV Dad posted:

its extremely average.

the best thing i can say about the gameplay is that it's an adequate vessel for getting you through a very bizarre adventure but it's not the focus at all. it's about the style and poo poo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So its not a game its a wannabe movie then. Got it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

lol you bought Charlemagne

Charlemagne was the tipping point of ck2 into badness for me.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i havent played it since they nerfed retinues in the free charlemagne patch :(

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Charlemagne was the tipping point of ck2 into badness for me.

Same here

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Awesome! posted:

i havent played it since they nerfed retinues in the free charlemagne patch :(

They murdered my favourite start with tribal horse poo poo.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

They murdered my favourite start with tribal horse poo poo.

Almost every fun start that wasn't a 1066 Catholic or Muslim got brutally kneecapped. Especially that horse poo poo where they added a bunch of Manicheasm provinces in 867 so the few Zoroastrians around had insanely huge revolt risk and were even more unfun and worthless.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I'm thinking about buying Dragon Age Origins even though I once bought a physical copy of the base game and the expansion. I don't know where the disks are and I remember liking it.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I bought BattleBlock Theater and all the old X-Com games

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
does anyone have an opinion on tales of maj'eyal? i could use a new laptop game.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i like tome a lot

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Larry Parrish posted:

Almost every fun start that wasn't a 1066 Catholic or Muslim got brutally kneecapped. Especially that horse poo poo where they added a bunch of Manicheasm provinces in 867 so the few Zoroastrians around had insanely huge revolt risk and were even more unfun and worthless.

thats cool

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

does anyone have an opinion on tales of maj'eyal? i could use a new laptop game.

i really liked it at first and then after i played it a bunch i started to really dislike it. there are better roguelikes

also you can just download it free from their site http://te4.org/ and try it yourself

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

tome's top notch combat and class design stuck in a game that's waty the gently caress too long and has really bad dungeon design. i still like it a lot thogh and it's worth the buck or whatever

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

killer is dead is rly fun and totally worth five bucks. I might have to drop it down to normal though because david bowie is kicking my loving rear end on hard, when he goes to his two swords form. the perving on ladies minigame to unlock poo poo is hilarious

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Is ck2 actually ruined by a patch now or is it like "imp zone bad". I had fun with it last summer and have been picking up dlc on sales in the hopes of one day having time to play it again.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

Is ck2 actually ruined by a patch now or is it like "imp zone bad". I had fun with it last summer and have been picking up dlc on sales in the hopes of one day having time to play it again.

Nah, it's not very good any more.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Someone made this post in the YOSPOS videogame thread of all tplaces and it;s the most succinct list of complaints about the game I've seen:

BBJoey posted:

they keep adding stupid, half-finished poo poo without considering how it interfaces with all the other stupid, half-finished poo poo already in the game leading to things like the inclusion of India which adds nothing except a huge performance drain, the addition of a "tribal" mechanic which is basically a punishment for deigning to play outside of the designated Fun Gameplay Zones, lots of tedious systems nobody uses because they offer nothing like the curia, decadence, literally the entire combat system etc. ck2 was great but all the stuff they've grafted on over the years in patches and dlc has really taken its toll.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Muslim decadence is my favorite. It's basically stuck at 100% forever so Muslims just have more money and better soldiers than everyone else for no reason.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

WRESTLING GAME IS HALF OFF

is it bad?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobnumerotres posted:

is it bad?

yes

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
life is feudal?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

is it bad?

Very.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man thanks for bringing that up, I just made my first refund request in Steam.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

:(

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Someone made this post in the YOSPOS videogame thread of all tplaces and it;s the most succinct list of complaints about the game I've seen:

Oh lame, and all that stuff is baked in even if you don't use the dlc? Does the game of thrones mod cut out any of that? Always meant to try that but never got around to it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Oh lame, and all that stuff is baked in even if you don't use the dlc? Does the game of thrones mod cut out any of that? Always meant to try that but never got around to it.

the dlc only lets you play with the new half-bakjed systems, the changes to the core gameplay are part of free patches that come out alongside the dlc. play eu4 instead

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mods fix a lot of the dumb stuff

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the wrestling game isnt bad but probably not worth even half price because while the new engine is great they cut like 70 percent of the content from the version that is still using the old engine

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Muslim decadence is my favorite. It's basically stuck at 100% forever so Muslims just have more money and better soldiers than everyone else for no reason.

are you talking about a video game or IRL

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

the wrestling game isnt bad but probably not worth even half price because while the new engine is great they cut like 70 percent of the content from the version that is still using the old engine

ill have to wait for 2k16 then. hopefully the pc port will be better too because i heard this one was janky as gently caress

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HORMELCHILI posted:

killer is dead is rly fun and totally worth five bucks. I might have to drop it down to normal though because david bowie is kicking my loving rear end on hard, when he goes to his two swords form. the perving on ladies minigame to unlock poo poo is hilarious

I thought it was good but I'm a big Suda51 apologist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
PoE is on sale now but the Royal version is still full price... Smh.

• Locked thread