Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Alder posted:

Unfortunately, not much has changed as I cont my endless job search. Where do people even post IT jobs? Clearly, not on my college job board.

Certs cost $ which I don't have enough other than doing misc p/t work for living expenses. I picked up coding lessons on freecodebase.com so slowly working through those tasks.

Depression does seem to have improved over the last few months despite being broke and unemployed :buddy:

I spent most of the holidays reading books and other affordable hobbies. I hope 2016 is better than 2015.

btw: where do all the the other inexperienced 20-something people find jobs? No idea if I'm just doing it wrong or unlucky.

Indeed.com seems to be where a lot of people have success. Finding IT work while having to compete with half of India is pretty tough these days. I ended up having to change careers entirely after getting laid off from my programming job in 2010.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread