Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WobblySausage
Nov 7, 2014

Alder posted:

Alright, sounds good as I wasn't sure exactly what I should bring or discuss other than my limited resume.

Bring some gumption, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WobblySausage
Nov 7, 2014

Alder posted:

I don't know if this will work.

Also, I've had exp working in a restaurant (family) and I just... doubt I can persuade anyone that I have good people skills unless it's online. FWIW, the last time I spoke to a person who I could vaguely refer to a as college friend was 4-5+ years ago. I'm more or less a recluse now that I'm living on my own other than groceries and chores.

Typically, I've been looking into IT work because a lot of service jobs (assuming I get a interview) I won't do well consistently. I figured now is a good time to pick a career I can tolerate and won't be extremely uncomfortable for myself and everyone else involved.

Yes, I'm being treated for social anxiety already. Some days I feel like there's a improvement.

Get over it. I loving hate people generally and I worked as a busser. It's easy as poo poo and you get tips on top of salary.

Your people skills need to be "Can I get you something to drink?", or "Can I take that from you sir/maam?" with an empty plate. Sometimes not even that depending on the restaurant. There's not a lot of time to shoot the poo poo with colleagues either.

Basically the way I see it is you look for reasons for why you can't do something, instead of why you can. Guess what? No one is perfect for any job. Knock it off with this lovely poo poo excuse-laden worldview and watch things start to go your way a little more.

Or is being a host or busser too lowly for noble king unemployed Alder?

Edit: and I know I'm being harsh and you've made progress, but loving snap out of it. You are by far your own worst enemy right now.

WobblySausage fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 24, 2015

• Locked thread