Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Metrohunter posted:

I said threatening, and without EX. I know his antiair normals, just wondering if there's anything I missed that makes opponents actually worried about anything more than 80 damage for trying to jump in.

Cancel c.mp into moonsault for a meaty that gets you pressure (and isn't some dumb gimmick that gets easily blown up)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY
okay after a couple real nail-biters i managed to break 5k

at 5029 now

should be ranked... 12th? when the rankings update. i would like to submit my application for goon king of sfv

i'm gonna finally do something else today

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
sustained, until infiltration gets the runback timely howard will be considered the funkiest phantom on the boards

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Keep us posted!

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Arcade sticks never worked that well for me. I guess I'm weird. SNES controller was the best.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
And why do all fighting games come down to two characters? Shouldn't anyone be able to win with whoever?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Timely Howard posted:

got close to 5k and then went on a losing streak so i was feeling kind of down

but the rankings just updated and i am 18th worldwide! so now i feel better

when do i get to say that sf4 is a better game and not be beaten in the streets

Woah cool congrats

What did you like better about SF4? To be honest SF4 at launch I just felt wasn't that good, and by the time it was finished it was a better game but I just found it boring. SF5 for now is fun just because it's new

Golem II posted:

And why do all fighting games come down to two characters? Shouldn't anyone be able to win with whoever?
1) It is very hard to balance a game for every single matchip and that's why fighting games always have multiple revisions, and these days frequent patches
2) No matter how much balancing you do, someone will end up in a better matchup with someone else
3) If you have 2 players that play exactly as well as each other then it comes down to matchups so people will pick the characters with the best ones

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Feb 21, 2016

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Golem II posted:

Thats only at all true for third strike and in that case its because its a bad game

Forbidden Donut
Mar 19, 2006
mmm....
I keep having this issue with a couple of different PS3 madcatz sticks on PS4 and have not been able to find a similar issue anywhere. I authenticate the legacy stick just fine (either with it plugged in already or plugging it in when it prompts me.) The stick works fine for a few matches, then just becomes completely unresponsive and I have to re authenticate.

Anyone else have this issue or have an idea why I'm experiencing with it? It's almost like the 8 minute timeout issue experienced when the PS360+ board or a brook adapter that hasn't been updated is used. I've tried searching all over different forums and i can't find anyone with the same issue. I could understand if I was using some obscure PCB but these are just madcatz PS3 sticks that haven't been modded at all.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Can anyone tell me a few very simple B&B things to practice with Chun-Li. As in new to fighting games, just getting used to a stick things. I can do special moves consistently, so I'd like to start learning basic combos.

-A69-
Apr 2, 2009
I know I'm not god tier AT this game, but it seems like to many if juju inputs get eaten in online matches compared to any of the offline stuff, is there any way to see why that is.
Also, all music and sound will sometimes cut out on me and never come back on.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The Timely Howard posted:

got close to 5k and then went on a losing streak so i was feeling kind of down

but the rankings just updated and i am 18th worldwide! so now i feel better

when do i get to say that sf4 is a better game and not be beaten in the streets

I wanna run sets

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Megasabin posted:

Can anyone tell me a few very simple B&B things to practice with Chun-Li. As in new to fighting games, just getting used to a stick things. I can do special moves consistently, so I'd like to start learning basic combos.
From easiest to hardest, these are the combos I keep in mind for Chun:

V-Skill, d.MK, d.MK, d.MK, EX Legs

c.HP, LK Legs, c.LP, LK Spinning Bird (or LK Legs again which is less efficient but looks cool af imo)

c.MP, V-Trigger cancel, c.MK, HK Legs or MK Spinning Bird

c.LK, LP, LP, HK Legs

c.LP, MP, c.MK, HK Legs (easy version)
c.LP, MP, c.MK, MK Spinning Bird (hard version)

f.HK, c.LP, MP, c.MK, HK Legs / MK Spinning Bird

Crush Counter combos:
b.HP, EX Legs
b.HP, c.HK

HK, HK

HK, dash, MP, c.MK, HK Legs

Essentially the combo you wanna have nailed to your brain at all times with Chun is the c.LP, MP, c.MK variants because they are straightforward to execute and give you a lot of time to confirm before committing to her unsafe specials. Start practicing this combo at point-blank then gradually test how far back you can land it. If you have trouble linking her MP to c.MK, press MK when her arm extends out for MP. All combos that end in non-EX Legs can be super-cancelled.

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 21, 2016

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I just got my first rage quit.

I bodied the gently caress out of an R Mika with 2500 points (though the first round I got caught in the mixup because I pushed a button). As I landed my final combo into super for the kill he disconnected as the KO screen popped up.

Man.. that would've been a good 100 points. Not like the points mean anything, but it's the principal damnit.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I just got my first rage quit.

I bodied the gently caress out of an R Mika with 2500 points (though the first round I got caught in the mixup because I pushed a button). As I landed my final combo into super for the kill he disconnected as the KO screen popped up.

Man.. that would've been a good 100 points. Not like the points mean anything, but it's the principal damnit.

I haven't had any disconnections or anything yet, but they don't lose points for quitting?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't had any disconnections or anything yet, but they don't lose points for quitting?

I don't think there's any penalty yet no. At the very least, I didn't get the points for the win!

But that person losing their points and being angry would be a small consolation at least

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Help Im Alive posted:

In my experience with ragequits the match is nullified. Happened to me against a 7 win karin that i hosed up severely

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Any tips on effectively quick-rising? I'm embarrassingly not figuring out the timing. Went in the lab, got swept a bunch until I could pretty reliably do it by holding PP about when hitting the ground, but once I get into matches and the animation time isn't always the same as sweeps I miss it most of the time, and half of the quick-rises I do get are the backflip version coming out from holding block. (Charge chars, so I'm sticking with the button quick-rise.) Tia!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

signalnoise posted:

In my experience with ragequits the match is nullified. Happened to me against a 7 win karin that i hosed up severely

Yup. Nothing is saved or registered. Had a couple rage quits myself even in the lower ranks. My favorite was a Mika with an 8 streak named danny no quits. Did not live up to his name

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

teh_Broseph posted:

Any tips on effectively quick-rising? I'm embarrassingly not figuring out the timing. Went in the lab, got swept a bunch until I could pretty reliably do it by holding PP about when hitting the ground, but once I get into matches and the animation time isn't always the same as sweeps I miss it most of the time, and half of the quick-rises I do get are the backflip version coming out from holding block. (Charge chars, so I'm sticking with the button quick-rise.) Tia!

I just mash the gently caress out of it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hakan made it out of SF4 :unsmith:

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I appreciate that Guy has a blog. Actually everything about that Chatlog is great.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

a cute little necro reference too

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I've said it before: Rashid's Twitter feed is a treasure

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Help Im Alive posted:

Fei Long's new movie loving blew.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Anyone up for a few games? Ranked was finally stable enough (though I got matched up against a Ken who had crazy lag/mashed Tatsu constantly/match results didn't send...) to get some games in, but taking a break from that for a bit.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Nohman posted:

Fei Long's new movie loving blew.

Yeah, Fei Long Old Movie is way better than Fei Long New Movie!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Top Player Opinions!

https://twitter.com/KOAlliance/status/701325089053212672

Also I completely agree with that list.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Been having some luck with Nash. Won a few casual and ranked matches in a row. Only lost a ranked against an extremely hyper teleporting Karin. Only bad connection I've had in maybe 30 matches.

FightingStreet
Oct 21, 2012

Take it to the bank, boys.
Does anyone have any idea what I can do against FANG as Vega? It's the one matchup where I have absolutely no clue what I'm supposed to do and I get wrecked every single time.

I assumed getting in close right away would be the best thing to do but then I get overwhelmed by FANG's crazy mixups and before I know it I'm stunned.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Help Im Alive posted:

Where are these from? Leaks from the story mode update?

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

Where are these from? Leaks from the story mode update?

It's all from Rashid's story mode, just hard to see while playing because it scrolls by so fast.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I hope Capcom does something about ragequitters because it's annoying just seeing them come up over and over again.
Last night when I was playing for about 6 hours I saw some rank 230~ Karin player with 14 wins. He disconnected when he lost.
Saw him again a couple hours later at 15 wins, same thing happened.
Saw him one final time. Again, a couple hours later. At 16 wins. Same poo poo.

I like to think he was playing all night and ragequitting every match for the sake of 2 wins on his counter.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Do you guys hate Rashid? I hate Rashid. I did a tutorial that will hopefully help you beat Rashid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMl7d8TJNn0

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Metrohunter posted:

I like to think he was playing all night and ragequitting every match for the sake of 2 wins on his counter.

That was probably how it was actually

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Jmcrofts posted:

Do you guys hate Rashid? I hate Rashid. I did a tutorial that will hopefully help you beat Rashid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMl7d8TJNn0

Thanks for this. Gonna bop some locals with this knowledge.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I think top 8 at wizard world starts soon

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I wanna run sets

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Guy sounds like the Lance Storm of ninja bloggers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
People are a lot less inclined to ragequit when there aren't ego numbers attached to each fight.

Then there are games like blazeblue and guilty where its not just numbers but a lil color by your name.

Some nerd in BB lobby like a month ago literally told someone "ew you're only blue"

• Locked thread