Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I am really disappointed that no one has said "A Post-Rachel America" yet...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Vladimir Putin posted:

Does it really matter if she's not really black? She didn't have a black disguise. A disguise would be something she discarded when she didn't feel like it or if she had a double life. As far as I can tell she tried to pass as a black person for several decades, and basically experienced life as a black person for that period. If she isn't black in terms of blood, then at least she is black in terms of experience. Does it matter that her skin color came from make up and not from skin pigment?

Well she apparently lied about a number of things, so that's an issue for her employer and the associations she's involved with, but it doesn't explain the giddy attention some people are giving it. Turns out that the country which is totally over race issues and shouldn't need things like affirmative action or the NAACP anymore is actually still super obsessed with race. It's a very 'man bites dog story' to a lot of people.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
According to my facebook, the people who are pissed off the most about this are black people.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zeroprime posted:

Well she apparently lied about a number of things, so that's an issue for her employer and the associations she's involved with, but it doesn't explain the giddy attention some people are giving it. Turns out that the country which is totally over race issues and shouldn't need things like affirmative action or the NAACP anymore is actually still super obsessed with race. It's a very 'man bites dog story' to a lot of people.

Actually the country doesn't really need the NAACP, they just refuse to give up their power and manufacture crises in an attempt to stay relevant.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Dr. Josef Mengele posted:

A lot of people talk about "brain sex" like it is some real thing that validates the existence of trans people, but it really doesn't exist and is hugely more complicated than that.
I think we are going to need you to run some experiments herr doktor.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
can't wait until all humans are just the same general brownish color

I'll probably be dead long before that but still

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

yea but choice eugenics would cause a caste of people who are very tall and fit and people who are very short and fat.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

glowing-fish posted:

solid

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the machine is spinning up

https://twitter.com/jeremypaul2015/status/610147297796751360

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You can say she was caught white-handed.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
she cucked america

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

glowing-fish posted:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
Hmm I wonder if I called her the n-word would she offended and call me a racist but secretly deep down be happy that I acknowledged her as Black?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Lowtechs posted:

Hmm I wonder if I called her the n-word would she offended and call me a racist but secretly deep down be happy that I acknowledged her as Black?

If you're wondering whether her, and the hordes of other special social justice snowflakes festish-ize victimhood, and actively seek out and even fabricate hardships and personal attacks because deep down all they really want is attention, then

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_5UOkUDti8

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

that's against diversity, racist.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

that's some mothershitting demonic bass

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
Looks like she is cancelling the regularly scheduled meeting.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Spokane-NAACP-meeting-postponed-because-of-6326597.php

...now what am I going to do for entertainment tonight?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

glowing-fish posted:

Looks like she is cancelling the regularly scheduled meeting.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Spokane-NAACP-meeting-postponed-because-of-6326597.php

...now what am I going to do for entertainment tonight?

quote:

Dolezal sent out an email Sunday canceling the monthly membership meeting "due to the need to continue discussion with regional and national NAACP leaders."

Shortly after her announcement, the head of the chapter's executive committee, Lawrence Brunley, questioned whether Dolezal had the right to arbitrarily cancel the meeting, KREM-TV in Spokane (http://is.gd/sdOyLy ) reported, quoting an email thread mailed to NAACP members.

"I don't see any language in the by-laws that empowers you, or any one member, to arbitrarily cancel/postpone tomorrow's meeting," Burnley wrote in his email Sunday.

I believe that the head of the EC will find that the President has raised a point of privilege. :razz:

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDxgJq4toYo

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Lowtechs posted:

According to the 120 Lessons, the Original Man is “the Asiatic Blackman, the founder, the cream of the Planet Earth, the father of Civilization.”

The term “Asiatic” comes from ancient Egypt, and was used to refer to Egypt’s neighbors to the east — what we now refer to as the Middle East or Western Asia and home to Arab, Turkish, Persian, Jewish, or other Near Eastern people.

Knowledge this Wisdom, 85% gbs. Albinism is the curse of Yacub's TRICKNOLOGY, from his secret DEVIL laboratory on The Isle of PATMOS.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I said come in! posted:

The fact that she went 10 years pretending to be black, and tricked people in the black community, kinda proves that if she wants to be black, she can go ahead and do that. The only reason she was found out was because she was outed by her mom.

If you've ever seen Grizzly Man, there's this guy who lives among grizzlies in Alaska for a few years before they tear him apart and eat him. Animal behaviorists have a theory that the bears thought the guy was diseased, so while he thought he was 'accepted into the bear family', the bears were merely tolerating him because they didn't want to make themselves sick by eating him.

Supposedly other NAACP members had their doubts about RD for years, but kept it to themselves and in hushed whispers because no one wanted to be the one to out her.

VVV: because then she'd be found out faster. Like how all those Stolen Valor assholes always claim to be triple-secret special forces delta operators with 8 MOH's and 9 tours in vietnam and afghanistan. Nobody wants to pretend to be an accounting clerk.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 15, 2015

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

dethkon posted:

Knowledge this Wisdom, 85% gbs. Albinism is the curse of Yacub's TRICKNOLOGY, from his secret DEVIL laboratory on The Isle of PATMOS.

It just shows how uncool this lady is. She wants to be HARDCORE BLACK, and to her that means being the chapter president of the NAACP (which is basically the JC Penney's of black organizations) in Spokane (which is the Spokane of American cities).

I mean, why not go full-tilt, move to Brooklyn and join the NGE?

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Vladimir Putin posted:

Does it really matter if she's not really black? She didn't have a black disguise. A disguise would be something she discarded when she didn't feel like it or if she had a double life. As far as I can tell she tried to pass as a black person for several decades, and basically experienced life as a black person for that period. If she isn't black in terms of blood, then at least she is black in terms of experience. Does it matter that her skin color came from make up and not from skin pigment?
the problem isn't so much "youre not really black so how can you understand the black plight?" or anything to do with skin pigment

its the fact that she lied about nearly everything in her life

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

glowing-fish posted:

It just shows how uncool this lady is. She wants to be HARDCORE BLACK, and to her that means being the chapter president of the NAACP (which is basically the JC Penney's of black organizations) in Spokane (which is the Spokane of American cities).

NGE?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'm still laughing at the end of this interview when the dude shows her a photo of her white dad, then follows it up by asking her if she's black. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKRj_h7vmMM 8:17 if the link doesn't take you there.

Her face when he asks is the embodiment of "oh poo poo".

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with

Nation of Gods and Earths, aka 5% Nation. Google Clarence 13X and study yo lessons, Young God.

glowing-fish posted:

Ya exactly. I've been doing the same thing on these forums for years. Alls you really need is a circle-7 avatar, some wu-tang lyrics underneath it, and post in the yo! NMD raps thread a lot.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

I'm still laughing at the end of this interview when the dude shows her a photo of her white dad, then follows it up by asking her if she's black. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKRj_h7vmMM 8:17 if the link doesn't take you there.

Her face when he asks is the embodiment of "oh poo poo".

Wait a minute. In the interview she says she has two sons? I thought the only son she had was the brother she 'adopted.'

quote:

My son had slept for two weeks in my bed after we recieved the package...and he's thirteen years old.

:stare:

No thirteen year old does that.

vvvv thanks

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 15, 2015

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Helical Nightmares posted:

Wait a minute. In the interview she says she has two sons? I thought the only son she had was the brother she 'adopted.'

man I think she has like four adopted sons with some guy she used to be married to

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

that's them

also she extra white in that pic lol

e: actually I think those are her brothers and sisters? I dunno this poo poo is too complicated

Blue Train fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 15, 2015

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Chris Christie posted:

Rachel Dolezal IS BLACK. Thread title is offensive and needs to be changed ASAP.

People would be justifiably outraged if someone called Caitlyn Jenner a man in disguise. Caitlyn Jenner IS A WOMAN.

#Doublestandards #Wrongskin #Rightskinprivilege #BIGOTS

Chris Christie posted:

The mental gymnastics people are going through to differentiate what this woman did from what transexuals do is great entertainment.

I love it. I could give two shits about Bruce Jenner becoming a woman, it's a free loving country, but man was I starting to get sick of it being shoved in my face 24/7. Now the annoying try-hard SJWs who never STFU about that stuff get to reap what they sowed and try juggling condemnation of this woman with praise of people like Bruce Jenner.

Hahahaha. Have fun you annoying assholes.

Chris Christie posted:

Thanks!!! This is the good stuff. Exactly what I'm talking about.

Oh really? How dare you!!! This woman was ALSO "just being herself." BIGOTS

Oh really? Says who? You? How dare you BIGOTS trivialize this poor woman's internal struggle with the conflict between her TRUE racial identity, and the circumstances of her birth, which were completely out of her control??? Bruce Jenner was born a man. But we can't hold that over HER. SHE sees HERself as a woman. Rachel was born white. But we can't hold that over her. She sees herself as black. loving privileged bigots. Fortunate enough to enjoy the privilege of being born into the same race you emotionally identify with, bigoted enough to lord that privilege over poor Rachel and condemn her.

lmol what is wrong with you

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CsrHKSbhxyg

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

lmaaaaaaaaaaao

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with

katlington posted:

lmol what is wrong with you

He's just having a bit of fun at the expense of armchair-activist indentity politics "liberals" being hypocritical. I think it's funny too, because those guys are annoying.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

dethkon posted:

Nation of Gods and Earths, aka 5% Nation. Google Clarence 13X and study yo lessons, Young God.

Thanks for this. I'm now reading about the Nuwaubian Nation of Moors. This is a good use of my time.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

red19fire posted:

If you've ever seen Grizzly Man, there's this guy who lives among grizzlies in Alaska for a few years before they tear him apart and eat him. Animal behaviorists have a theory that the bears thought the guy was diseased, so while he thought he was 'accepted into the bear family', the bears were merely tolerating him because they didn't want to make themselves sick by eating him.

Supposedly other NAACP members had their doubts about RD for years, but kept it to themselves and in hushed whispers because no one wanted to be the one to out her.

VVV: because then she'd be found out faster. Like how all those Stolen Valor assholes always claim to be triple-secret special forces delta operators with 8 MOH's and 9 tours in vietnam and afghanistan. Nobody wants to pretend to be an accounting clerk.

Would animals even know what diseases means?

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with

I started rolling @2:40. Idk who that man/woman/person is but they're hilarious and make good points.

RaceBannon posted:

Thanks for this. I'm now reading about the Nuwaubian Nation of Moors. This is a good use of my time.

There are so many black nationalist splinter groups besides the NOI. You can spend all day reading about them (as I often do, being trans-racial myself :smug:.) Check out the Moorish Scientists of America, they're p wonky :)

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with

Vladimir Putin posted:

Would animals even know what diseases means?

Idk, bears are p smart. I could see why they wouldn't be interested in eating the weird white furless skinny looking bear, unless pickings got REALLY slim. As a trans-bear, I'd know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Man I love this transracial argument.

The only arguments people seem to keep coming up to me with why it's bad are

1. Cultural Appropriation

2. Only White People Can Do It So It's White Privilege

3. Genetics and God Somehow Decides Race And Can't Get That Wrong... But Can Get Gender Wrong.

4. There is Something Innate About Being Black and White, A Blackness and Whiteness that Can't Be Changed Ever.

Cultural Appropriation though has to do with things like the Red Skins and their Mascot, not someone legit wanting to join a race and culture. "Only white people can do it" isn't theoretically true and amounts to whining. We largely have said that God's theoretical thoughts don't factor into your sexuality and gender, so there's no rational reason for it to be a part of race. And this idea that there's some unexplainable thing that is Whitness or Blackness is just ridiculously racist.

• Locked thread