Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've never played any of the MGS games except for the first. do i have to do that to understand what's happening in V?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
no

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Play MGS3 dude.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
hurr durr should i play the b est video game series of all time or will i still understand mgs5 if i sit around and jerk off myt tiny dick for three months instaed

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

hurr durr should i play the b est video game series of all time or will i still understand mgs5 if i sit around and jerk off myt tiny dick for three months instaed

i didn't have a console from the ps2 to the ps4, so i missed out on a lot of this stuff

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
MGS3 and Peace Walker are probably the games you need in order to know what's happening chronologically but if you want to know everything that's being hinted at or alluded to, please play them all.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Play MGS3 dude.

The truth tho

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Metal Gear is the best game series of all time, and you can probably knock out 1, 2, 3, and Peace Walker in time for MGSV's September release if you start playing now. You said you have the PS4? Well buy the HD collection on that streaming service and get MGS1 from the online store. What the hell you still reading this for. Hurry!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

sector_corrector posted:

i didn't have a console from the ps2 to the ps4, so i missed out on a lot of this stuff

You can play it on PC, with PCSX2, or just buy the HD collection.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

Metal Gear is the best game series of all time, and you can probably knock out 1, 2, 3, and Peace Walker in time for MGSV's September release if you start playing now. You said you have the PS4? Well buy the HD collection on that streaming service and get MGS1 from the online store. What the hell you still reading this for. Hurry!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Please buy the HD Collection before Kojima and his friends are forced to leave Konami, and not after. Thank you everyone.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

net cafe scandal posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

MGS1 and MGS3 are some of the greatest games of all time. 2 is great too, Peace Walker is good with some moments which are made really bad by PSP controls, and I didn't play 4.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
ground zeroes is free on psn this month or next. i don't knwo because i bought it. anyway, get it op

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

words that kill...

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I didnt read any of the posts but play the loving games sector. Just play 3&4. I made a cry nultiple times during 4, it is a beautiful game, like watching the new Mad Max movie, or the end of Shadow the Colossus, or multiple times during Majoras Mask.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I didnt play 2 but I watched my friend beat it, but i held in the tears because I didnt want my friend to think that I was gay.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Play MGS3 dude.

make them port it to PC first because I don't have a working ps2 and Im not playing it on loving 3ds

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

ground zeroes is free on psn this month or next. i don't knwo because i bought it. anyway, get it op

glad to hear the demo for MGSV is finally free (for subscribers)

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i dont know why anybody will bother releasing games after the phantom pain comes out

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

SeXReX posted:

make them port it to PC first because I don't have a working ps2 and Im not playing it on loving 3ds

emulate it dumb rear end

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

owl milk posted:

emulate it dumb rear end

oh yeah I forgot I got a better GPU since last time I tried running a ps2 emulator it might run better now.

cpu still blows though so probably not

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

SeXReX posted:

3ds mgs3 is weird and buggy with a lovely framerate, also the third person shooting breaks it and makes it super easy

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SM64Guy posted:

i dont know why anybody will bother releasing games after the phantom pain comes out

For the same reason men make sacrifices for God when His own, only begotten Son made the biggest of all: to honor greatness by living in its light as best you can. God Bless.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Wormskull posted:

For the same reason men make sacrifices for God when His own, only begotten Son made the biggest of all: to honor greatness by living in its light as best you can. God Bless.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

God isn't real.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Play them all even the ones on the MSX.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Peace Walker is, amazingly, now one of my favorite mgs games.

ta~dadadaaaa~ta~da op

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
play them all but 4

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
a lot of people skipped 4 and for good reason my friend before moving out of state had me play mgs4 in its entirety before he left because he is a huge mgs fan but didnt own/want to play 4 so i beat it in a day for him

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I appreciate all of you guys chiming in with your DUMBASS opinions but the OP is on a strict time scale before September and he's really just got to get the basics down.. there'll be time for MGS4 and the MGX games later... ok?

That order again is 1, 2, 3, and Peace Walker.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

TOPIC LOCKED!

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

zadornov!!!!!!!!!!!

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Metal Gear Solid 4 is Excellent

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
A dude in SA Mart just paid $50 for the GameCube version of Twilight Princess because he preferred Link being left handed.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Whirlwind Jones posted:

A dude in SA Mart just paid $50 for the GameCube version of Twilight Princess because he preferred Link being left handed.

What kind of hosed up idiot really wants to play the GameCube version of anything, with an original gamecube controller no less.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

Sir this is a Metal Gear thread
:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

That order again is 1, 2, 3, and Peace Walker.

close thread

• Locked thread