Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

7 years is also, heh, coincidentally, how long it takes to watch all of the cut scenes in this game heh

Bwahahahaha. Classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Xbox is huge because it had to hold all of MGS4's cutscenes

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

The Xbox is huge because it had to hold all of MGS4's cutscenes

:eyepop:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
https://youtu.be/qgWrKRu-ry4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That whole part of the game is so sick...MGS1 nightmare, all the Otacon codecs, the badass fight in the snowstorm and then piloting metal gear Rex...Jesus Christ

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
tfw you get to shadow moses and the best is yet to come starts playing

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

i just finished the shadow moses part tonight and holy drat. the mgs flashback at the start is legit.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-c1a5c55-8&t=433s

Chills...

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I'm going to play a lot of Ground Zeroes in the month of August. And Heck, I might even play MGS 1, 3, and 4 on my PS3 system.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
and then i'm going to play mgs2 on my xbox

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wait for my MGS simulplay Megathread dropping on July 1.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

ill wait, but im only doing 3 and peace walker so i can do 1, 2, 4, and rising after tpp

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

zen death robot posted:

do not forget Ground Zeroes

gz is the night before sorry

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I can hardly wait for this awesome thread.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Why is Ocelot the true hero/main character of the mgs world?

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
He's pretty good.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love every character in mgs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Him and the guy who poops his pants are the only character in every game

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
in MGS4 while "solid" snake and "liquid" ocelot battle, Johnny gets Meryl in the end. the two snakes represent the dual nature of johnnys shits (both solid chunks and liquid diarrhea) and how he is ultimately able to rise above this dichotomy to become something more than either. he finally becomes a man both by finding the will to express his feelinsg for meryl and finding the will to control his own bowels. kojima hits one out of the park again

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

He defeated the Patriots and was the only guy to realize The Bosses vision, big boss and zero tried and failed due to their differing ideology, snake, raiden and otacon were just tools (guns) of the patriots. Ocelot ended the entire system.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
July's going to be my time to game with Metal Gear.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Black Baby Goku posted:

He defeated the Patriots and was the only guy to realize The Bosses vision, big boss and zero tried and failed due to their differing ideology, snake, raiden and otacon were just tools (guns) of the patriots. Ocelot ended the entire system.
Ocelot wanted all out anarchy though. "It'll be the Wild West all over again". It was Sunny who reprogrammed the JD Foxdie into Foxalive to spare the essential human necessities of the Patriots AI control to prevent the entire planet becoming a shithole 3rd world country. Snake is an abused pawn, but Ocelot is a madman, not a hero.

Just my interpretation though.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ausmund posted:

Ocelot wanted all out anarchy though. "It'll be the Wild West all over again". It was Sunny who reprogrammed the JD Foxdie into Foxalive to spare the essential human necessities of the Patriots AI control to prevent the entire planet becoming a shithole 3rd world country. Snake is an abused pawn, but Ocelot is a madman, not a hero.

Just my interpretation though.

Ocelot was lying about wanting that, hes the bosses son, and he got exactly what she wanted. Hes the hero my man

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everything Ocelot did was to fool the patriots. Period.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
How could he being lying if he didn't take into account/even know about Sunny and Foxalive? He had a consequences be damned mindset that was just as dangerous as complete patriot control. What he didn't count on was some kid from a new generation and a new mindset going about the problem another way, a better way, that a bunch of war mongering crazy old geezers were too stupid to implement.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol I forgot about foxalive, that's the best line in the series

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've created a program that is the diametric opposite of FOXDIE...FOXALIVE.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

that picture sux

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

I.N.R.I posted:

that picture sux

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ausmund posted:

How could he being lying if he didn't take into account/even know about Sunny and Foxalive?

Because he's just that drat good.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
epic six minute trailer.... :pusheen: gently caress yeah baby!!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

I can hardly wait for this awesome thread.

why July 1 phantom pain isn't out until September?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

why July 1 phantom pain isn't out until September?

To give people time to play all 8 metal gear games before September 1st

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't want to read a simulplay for MGSV because you retards are going to spoil me on something.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

I don't want to read a simulplay for MGSV because you retards are going to spoil me on something.

lol if you even have time to post when mgs5 drops

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

lol if you even have time to post when mgs5 drops

Yea.. I'm gonna go AWOL on Sep 1st and won't return until I finish the single player on PC.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

i mean the whole picture, that u posted :P wnt judge tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Yea.. I'm gonna go AWOL on Sep 1st and won't return until I finish the single player on PC.

PC version is two weeks later than consoles...that's gonna be tough

• Locked thread