Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ace of Baes

landy. posted:

the friend zone doesn't exist

it does, it's when someone has romantic interest in someone else who only has platonic feelings towards them, it sucks for both people
how you react for being placed in the friendzone is really what matters though (you're supposed to either get over it or stop hanging around the person if you cant)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
i friendzoned a girl once and i felt bad because she was really nice and cool but i wasnt physically attracted to her, it sucks because you still want to be their friend but you don't want to give them a false hope that your platonic feelings will somehow evolve into romantic ones, when you know they wont

----------------

Ace of Baes

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Friends don't friend zone imo, you have 2 crush their heart to set it free
Or be FsWithBs

When you let someone know youre not interested in them it doesnt necessarily change how they feel. Obviously its on them to deal with that but it can be difficult regardless. People who respond to stuff like this with "Oh havings friends is awesome you fedora shitlord!" dont live in the real world where feelings and relationships arent settings you change like a robot.

----------------

Ace of Baes
Severing is healthy but it can be difficult if you share mutual friends and dont want to exile yourself from your social circle.

----------------

Ace of Baes
If it makes you feel better op, the first couple times i hung out with my wife 1 on 1 we just hugged at the end of it, if you didnt get the speech she might just be trying to take it slow.

----------------

Ace of Baes

Qwerinty posted:

idk man, a girl and I were really heavily into each other, and the relationship ended suddenly with romantic feelings still present. Over the years that sloughed away, remaining close friends the whole time, and what remained is way more valuable to me than the relationship. Not saying that's gonna happen for everyone or every relationship, and definitely sometimes severing when one party can't get over it can be good, but I think it's important to try to be friends if you at all value the other person.

I think its probably different if you were already in a relationship and then want to remain friends, thats a whole nother can of worms lol

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
i want to blown up by c4 or other high grade explosives

----------------

• Locked thread