Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you in favor of the TPP?
Yes
No
N/A without more data
View Results

• Locked thread
walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
In a complete and utter shock, the deal is almost exactly what was leaked months ago. But remember, it was wrong to come to a conclusion based on a preliminary leak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
No poo poo its 6000 pages and it was released 24 hours ago

The provisions for extending worker protections to member nations, liberalizing international trade, and extending copyright laws are extremely similar to what was leaked. ISPs are compelled to fight for the copyright protection of foreign holders. It includes the same provisions for investor-state dispute settlement. Member nations have to agree to extended patent protections for medicine, like was claimed. There is no mention of climate change provisions, or provisions agains currency manipulation. Is this not what was expected??

The only thing that was a surprise, that I've seen, was a rule that prohibits nations from inspecting the source code of software companies seeking to export their products

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Guys chill out I don't think the sky is falling. I think there are good and bad things but it's ok to be critical of parts of this without being a raving lunatic

I did not physically read a 6,000 page document, I kept up with and closely followed news which discussed and addressed the positions outlined in the leak, and now I am keeping up with articles which address the full text now released. I don't think you or I should have to physically read an entire international trade document to come to conclusions on it, that's why we have a free and diverse press.

edit: I am a total idiot, glad that's settled

walgreenslatino fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 6, 2015

• Locked thread