Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Z3n posted:

My buddy who I'm building the bike for released this today:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Q4tb33vLY

I'd imagine there will be some documentation of the process. The 1290 ADV-R Shock is on the way - just need to find a set of forks now :)

What bike is that in the video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

As far as retrofitting ABS goes, how do you get sensor rings on a bike that's never had them? Mill slots into the ends of the rotors and mount hall effect sensors there?

My friend desperately wants ABS on his 1964 BMW R50, and I kept telling him it's nigh impossible, but your posts give me hope.

Wouldn't it be possible to find rotors with the same diameter / mounting holes but with rings?

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
Very cool! A question about the forks, as the 950 is an older bike, are they technically 'worse' than the original 1290 forks, or modern Adventure forks would have been? Of doesn't that stuff change that quickly.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
Why the Duke 2 brake lever? Looks sweet though.

Edit: And why different fueling because of the headers? No cat?

High Protein fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 10, 2017

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Coydog posted:

I mean, it is readily available... from Z3n. :colbert: He even has the base 1290 sitting there, waiting for you to buy it and commision him to slap the extra parts on. (Oh, I wish I had more riding experience to get one of these. :( )

It's an extremely docile bike, if you can ride an SMC without looping it, you're fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
If you won't be relocating the exhaust up high so it runs through the cutout in the tank, you could fit a rally replica tank for a bit more fuel, it's probably expensive though.

• Locked thread