Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
It's doing *something* right - this thread's got three pages of discussion and "The Brink" still doesn't even have an OP yet. That's pretty impressive for a show that everyone should pretty much watch by default since it's on between this and John Oliver (even though Oliver was off this week).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Binary Logic posted:

No, this show was better before Ari Gold moved to London to open a department store.

But Ep 3 must have been the most expensive location for 22 minutes of "is this a sitcom or isn't it?" ever made for tv. That was a nice boat.

It probably belongs to an HBO executive.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The Dave posted:

Oh god, imagine Reggie AS Joffrey. The horror.

It'd certainly make for a better 'sword vs. book' wedding gift scene.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Pron on VHS posted:

Is Charlie from WW the GM of the dolphins?

The show's Wikipedia page just lists him as "an executive" with the Dolphins.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

PaganGoatPants posted:

The Cowboys deal is hosed. :ohdear:

The Dolphins will end up picking him up for a song so they don't have to film in two different places, and Reggie will have to drive a car where the doors open diagonally.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Affi posted:

Why would that fat guy (greene?) ever want to have sex with anything besides his own wife? That woman is smoking hot.

I think they're trying to paint it in the light that he feels 'inferior' and loving the other woman would make him feel like he was a big shot again. His wife's a full-fledged doctor and breadwinner of the household, and he's lucky to have a job selling Chevys.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The question now is whether the writers will take advantage of the "I'm already busted, might as well tap dat rear end now" cliche. I kind of want Charles to remain the only straight-laced character.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

pentyne posted:

I'd like for it to be true. Ricky has been little more then a comical exaggeration at this point, his character desperately needs some emotional depth.

I also remember him looking at an old picture in his 'trophy room' that could've been his father.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shooting Blanks posted:

Huh, I don't remember this.

I might be remembering that wrong, but one thing I do remember is Bella telling him he could just reverse his medallion and take #81 and he got really morose at the suggestion.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Charles is so going to get crippled or paralyzed his first game back. The level of foreshadowing is almost insulting.

Also, in Brink land...if an insane Pakistani dictator flubbed a launch at Israel, there wouldn't be a Pakistan in 15-20 minutes' time.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 10, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The way this show is working right now, the Cowboys will think Vernon's playing head games with them and, against all logic, end up offering him more than his and Reggie's 'insane' ask, which will make Vernon love Reggie again because 'he knew how much I was worth all along, and you guys didn't.'

I do wish they hadn't waited until the next to last episode of the season to finally confirm Dule Hill was the Dolphin's GM, though.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The Brink got cancelled because it was more accurate to the inner workings of Washington DC than any political drama in the history of Hollywood.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Well, something finally happened, even if they've been telegraphing it for the entire season.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

Cop scene was pretty funny. I imagine that's what it's like every time a street bike goes by doing 140.

I just really hope the next episode doesn't start with Ricky learning that his father wrapped his present around a telephone pole at 160mph shortly after that scene, and start going all wiggy about how his considering the Rams' offer hosed up his karma again. The whole scene seemed more involved than just a "cops say 'gently caress it'" scene.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

This season's focus on Spencer's opioid addiction is a good corollary to Johnson's *actual* abuse of steroids (and overeating of cod) and whatnot which no one cares about because he's a nice guy that ultimately will suffer the same fate as Michael Clarke Duncan.

On The Rock's tombstone it will read "He died so that we could have a big pumped-up Pacific Islander in our movies."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

There had to be some hallmark moment of this otherwise "non-season" of "Hey, Watch The Rock for Some Reason."

• Locked thread