Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Flint_Paper posted:

I had a really weird moment of worry about this last night.

I'm super excited for it, but I'm worried that the temptation to make supercrazyhard levels will mean that we won't see levels that are just good, if that makes sense? I love weird gimmick levels as much as the next guy, but I'd really, really love to play levels that are good because they're great examples of platforming, rather than just levels that show off what a sadist the creator is. Levels of the calibre of, say, Donut Plains 3 or something (I don't remember if that was a particularly ace level, that's just me pulling a SMW level out of my rear end because they're all lovely. Apart from Tubular. That can go gently caress itself.)

Oh god I'm not even making sense am I?

I guess I'm just hoping that in amongst all the lolcock levels and the rear end in a top hat Mario levels, there will be some that are just solid examples platform gaming done good.

Yo I hope you like Super Mario Land and really long levels that try to circumvent length restrictions by having s-shaped courses and warp pipes because that's what I'm going to be doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Ok i was gonna do super mario land but we can cooperate, I'll do super mario land 2

I only want World 1. Although the submarine levels are totally doable if you start with a clown car and fireballs. And autoscroll.

I need a better idea as to how long the max length for a Mario Maker stage is compared to pre-existing levels so I can get an idea if I can squeeze multiple levels into a course. If you sacrificed pipes you could turn SMB 1-1/1-2 into one level.

Szmitten fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 19, 2015

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Not a Children posted:

I am never going to play levels that don't have the SMB3 or SMW tilesets

You can save any level and change the theme in edit mode.

You might not be able to complete it anymore, but you can. :v:

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I don't if people have noticed this, but you know how in most Mario games when you're small and the item is always a mushroom, and if you're big the item is always a sequential power up?

That's not in this either.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I have no problem spending two weeks recreating World 1 of Super Mario Land in SMB1 before dealing with poo poo that isn't in that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

greatn posted:

I do like the idea of having one hidden, having exactly 100 coins, and having one where you can either bounce on or shell strike eight foes.

I have been thinking of making all my levels have 100 coins in them and somehow communicate this as optional objective to everyone who follows me.

• Locked thread