Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!
Sept 11 is going to be my favorite day of the year

I dont think ive ever been as excited for any game as this one

Yeah when I was like 10 (20 years ago) I used to make mario levels with that lovely weird green/white bar fax paper people used.

Think my first levels are going to be breakable block platforms over a huge pit while lakitu throws babombs at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
I'm a little concerned some dick will make a level with 1000 pipes and 1 exit, to overcome the "you have to beat it rule". Or one invisible beanstalk block necessary to beat a level. Hopefully those levels would be downvoted to oblivion.

Also for DLCs how about a desert/ice level palette, or a non airship themed air world.

Also requests for an overworld are going to grow.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Only problem with the limitations is that ill probably be playing the game 48+ hours straight after release

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Probably should start giving out our nintendo ids so we can play each others stages and start calling each other "hidden box hitler"

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Heres the unlock schedule

http://www.ign.com/wikis/super-mario-maker/Tool_Palette?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=5&utm_campaign=Blogroll#Palette_Timed_Unlocks

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

DalaranJ posted:

Day 1: Day of the springboard nightmare levels

Going to take a whole week to make your kaizo rip offs

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
I lost the little pen thing that comes with the wii u controller and im scared.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Ah its only 4$

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod10883

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Oh god I love the super mario boss fight sounds.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
IGN is streaming mario maker for the next ~2 hours

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

Delaio posted:

This game makes me glad that bayonetta 2 got me to buy one of these things. Smash and Mario cart have been great, but I'm really looking forward to a game with essentially unlimited single player fun.

Game looks rad as hell.

I bought a Wii U for Bayonetta 2 and never bought bayonetta 2.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Yeah I definitely wish they used the super mario allstar tile set.

Also if super mario all stars is somewhere on the Wii U Virtual Console please let me know.

Despera fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 22, 2015

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Probably doesnt help that SMB and SMB 3 look pretty similar in all stars.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

Overbite posted:

This game is doing the same thing all other "make stuff" games do: It looks cool until I start wondering "Hey can I do this?" and the answer is usually no.

Your loss

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Yea lets add a massive amount of development time for very little appreciatable difference

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
I need all the features of 4 games :colbert:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Great thing about asking for more is you can always ask for more

If you think the launch game is too limited, dont buy it. I'm sure sales will be ok without you.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Metroid guy used those time delay falling donuts to prevent people from skipping the boss

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Doesn't seem like much to program a enemy to drop something like a p-switch. Slopes would be nice and an angry sun + desert motiff would help me make my retelling of the second Iraq war level a lot easier.
That said these things seem pretty trivial compared to all the things you could do at launch.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Wake me up when Bethesda makes a non poo poo leveling system

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Goina buy at least 3 and world. Playing the lovely 3 min masterpiece versions (super smash bros u) remind how bad I am/was at mario.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

MTV Crib Death posted:

You should cut* your teeth on Lost Levels instead.

*break.

Having trouble with SMB 1-1 so yeah

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

DalaranJ posted:

I have designs on 8 different worlds for the SMB3 theme. You can't actually upload that many levels so maybe I'll trick ask other goons to make some too.

I'm also going to run a weekly 'contest'* to make levels with a certain gimmick.

*Except most contests involve judging and awards, whereas this contest is mainly just an excuse for a bunch of goons to make similar levels at the same time and then compare notes.

I bought lost levels and 3 this year to brush up for this game. This was Nintendo's real plan all along.

Yeah I'm not liking having A as jump on the gamepad. Im sure maker will let you edit the controls though.

Might as well get new super mario U since I dont want to have to skip every level with wall jumps

Despera fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Aug 25, 2015

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Game of the century

11/10 - Ign

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Chances are the butt gently caress hard levels arent going to get that many stars, so the high rated ones will be beatable.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

andipossess posted:

It will ask you to complete it when you hit the submit button, so presumably no way to cheat it without some hacking.

You could do some bullshit like put an invisible vine box somewhere only you know where it is

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

shows all the costumes, doesnt hit the up button once.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
After playing SMB3 and world, slopes would sure be nice

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Took Friday off to play super mario maker all day commemorate all those who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Best 9/11 themed Mario level contest will have to wait a year sadly

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
I'll always remember September 11th from now on. :mario:

Some guy did a bowling level where your score at the end was ranked by him using some sign he made

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Jerks in Japan look like they made a few good levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Last reminder: if you buy Mario Maker at Best Buy you can get $20 off Mario Kart, Smash or Splatoon: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/null/save-20-on-a-select-wii-u-game-with-purchase/pcmcat402000050002.c?id=pcmcat402000050002

Thanks, getting me splatoon. Now I only need a TV

• Locked thread