Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Kurtofan posted:

Did it play the yoshi island goal cleared theme? GOTY

In my head it immediately went to the clear screen music that follows. I want Yoshi's Island DLC for Mario Maker already. Any price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
This is like those Photoshops of Barbie's proportions on real humans.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Here's another video featuring a couple things I personally haven't seen yet, like sticky Boos that cling to floors and ceilings, cannons riding Lakitu's cloud, and the SNES sprites for Bowser Jr.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afn-G2UxfQY

It does feature a guy talking towards the beginning but he stops talking before long.

I really love how the voice calling out the items you're using is in tune with the music. :)

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

IGN streamed 90+ minutes of Mario Maker today and they're doing more tomorrow?
http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/07/31/ign-plays-live-presents-super-mario-maker-073115

EDIT: they showed some costumes from a standalone (non-amiibo) mystery mushroom, including a Goomba, a coin block and a trampoline.

Here it is on YouTube because the IGN page didn't work for me for some reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUyrHAggrAY

I've noticed there's still an unused row of objects in the editor. Are there still more things to come or is that just an extra row for your personal organization?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Yoshi will at least spit fire if he eats Bowser's fireball.

Next they're going to tell me he doesn't fly with blue shells or ground pound with yellow. :sigh:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
It would be nicer if messing around with the early stuff unlocked more things at your learning pace instead of being restricted to a 24 hour period.

That said, I'm not too fussed with it. It will encourage me to be more creative with restrictions placed on me and you don't get a diamond without pressure. As someone who gives up on games like Fallout and Skyrim because there's just too much to do all at once, I think this is a fair way to ease people into eventual limitless possibilities.

I'd also like to point out that this is a Luigi Lakitu and those cannons are firing mini Luigis:

Is this just an effect of the Mega Mushroom?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

BexGu posted:

So here is a interesting video of a dude that made Metroid like level using the Super Mario Bro's 3 title set. The player has to collect various power ups (mushroom to break blocks, fireflowers to get past blocking enemies, etc) and even includes a miniboss.

Really show how far the level design can be taken.

This is incredible.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Andre from GX made a pretty cool flying level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P5fcDHnhOU

This game has so much potential if reviewers could make stuff like this after having it a few days. Still hoping for SLOPE DLC though.

This is also incredible. Knowing that I have to wait to own this game then wait longer to unlock all the objects is starting to hurt.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 21, 2015

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Sam Faust posted:

You can mess with the clock to unlock stuff faster. It's like five minutes per day, so a little over 45 minutes to unlock everything.

Really? Nintendo always makes you suffer if you mess with the system clock. I can't believe they'd overlook that.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I want a Yoshi's Island style set more than anything.

Slopes would be nice too, but I'm putting my dreams ahead of practicality.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Sonic Dreams Collection has you covered.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
There are things that could make Super Mario Maker better and they're things that could be DLC later (primarily slopes and the angry sun).

Right now, the only thing needed to make it better is to have it in my possession.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

A Steampunk Gent posted:

- No slopes
- No checkpoints
- No boss-drop victory item

These are all things I hope to see added later. Also chain link fences and key exits for SMW levels and Phanto thrown in to guard that key because why not?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

deadwing posted:

you could lock someone in the room with a series of donuts to pass through so they'd at least take a hit or two if they're gonna bypass the boss

I'm going to make a vertical level where you have to have SMB3 Bowser stomp through the floor so you can progress.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Macaluso posted:

There's so many days between now and when the game comes out that I could die... before getting to play it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2rwxs1gH9w

The dead will rise to play Mario levels so don't worry.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Zonekeeper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEoCJUJLBHY

Here's the "Touch Fuzzy, get dizzy" effect in action. Don't do shrooms, kids.

Real missed opportunity not calling it Wigglers Don't Do Drugs.

This does show you can have Lakitu through Wigglers and you can give wings to unbreakable blocks to create floating platforms. That's neat.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 30, 2015

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
This is Iwata's final present to us. Do not fear if your levels are sub-par as long as you are having fun. That's all he ever wanted his whole life. :)

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
He refuses to leave coins behind. Truly, Playtonic is a collectathon company at heart.

Holy crap, these levels are great. I guess it should be expected since they're professionals and all.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 3, 2015

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

"Mario number two!"

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Rocketlex posted:

I don't care what the new thread title is as long as it has the tag.

Super Mario Maker: Rebuilding on 9/11

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

DrPaper posted:

really diggin the pokemon costumes with no sound and stock death music

I just hope Shulk speaks British like he's supposed to in the Western release. How else will I know his level of feeling it?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Hedrigall posted:

Someone on Reddit made an "ideas for DLC" graphic:

Skull Box and Fishin' Lakitu would be amazing because you would be allowed to load them with anything. I want to have Bowser dangling from a cloud. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

robot roll call posted:

Love that the japanese mascot looks like a crappy 90s american cartoon character

I hope America gets Captain N instead.

• Locked thread