Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I wonder if you can still do matrix jumps in Mario 1, 3 and SMW in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Spectacle Rock posted:

What I want:
*More Powerups from games (Frog Suit, Tanooki Suit, Hammer Bros Suit)
*A ?-Block that gives Mario the appropriate item based upon his size.
*Fuzzy
*Fireballs that come up out of lava pits.
*Those pulley elevator things from Super Mario Bros (the two platforms attached by a pulley)
*Different colored Yoshi that have the appropriate power from Super Mario World.
*Other playable characters without the need to get a Mystery Mushroom first. (Let a level start as Luigi or Princess with their proper physics)
*Ability to make a level with no time limit.

There, that stuff would make the game fully complete. I put in bold the stuff I'd want the most.

I'm shocked many of these aren't in the game actually, as they seem like obvious features. They focused so much on random bullshit new abilities like shell hats that they left out some of the fundamentals, especially polishing elements that pertain to specific releases (like the multicolored Yoshi). Extremely disappointing. It'll still be a great game, but sometimes I wonder if Nintendo execs and game designers on both sides of the ocean are actually retarded - they always miss basic functionality.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ikanreed posted:

I think they focused on those things for this reason: the more combinations you can support, the more you can "surprise" the level designers and players. Cool features to the individual games required a subtle approach to make fun. A level designer's eye. Being able to combine 2 random things and make a new thing? That's out of the box fun.

So... yeah, a frog suit would be a cool DLC. But it would fit more nicely with the game's core idea if you could make frog goombas and frog koopas.

I just feel like a game called "Mario Maker" should 100% be able to make an exact 1 for 1 copy of any Mario game level that has already existed, otherwise the game fails on some fundamental level. I would think it screams oversight more than anything, but there's no way they leave something like that out on accident.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Dr Pepper posted:

This was never going to happen.

Worries over people "bootlegging" Mario levels instead of buying the original games? Is that really a concern?

Hell, it would make sense for Mario's 30th bday that they bundle in a Super Mario All-Stars 2 feature with the game that includes all the original games as content. That would probably sell more copies, as it would be the ultimate classic Mario game.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I think this complaint is about as legitimate a complaint as you can possibly have about a game like this.

No worries though, it'll still be awesome.

• Locked thread