Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

So I played a little bit of this at the local Best Buy today, Nintendo was there doin' a demo. It seems like it's gonna be pretty awesome. All they had was a series of premade levels, but there was a lot of variety. I'm sold on the concept of an endless stream of SMW Special levels alone. They had some levels with probably 200 sprites on the screen at once after they throw a star your way. It was madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Rocketlex posted:

Sounds like a little of column A and a little of column B. Users will be pushed towards a curated list of the best content to keep the less-desirable content off the surface, though there will likely be a report system if you descend into Dickville of your own free will.

I hope there's a way to sort by newest upload. There's bound to be some short lived gems amidst the billion clones of W1-1.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

blablablabla posted:

I dont think ive ever been as excited for any game as this one

It's pretty sweet, since I think there's very little chance at this point it's gonna suck. Sure, it'll take a week or two to get everyone unlocked for all the toys, maybe there'll be some oddity with sharing levels that's kinda annoying. But they've shown hours of footage at this point, had demos out in the wild and all. So soon I'll be able to turn on my TV and get a near endless stream of new Mario levels. Some of the events they've had where people brand new to it have to crank out a level, like the Facebook event, have had really clever and interesting things, and that's only after having access for a few hours, and not even all the features it comes with from what I can tell.

I really hope it does well so they're encouraged to do some DLC to extend it even more. I've no idea what they could put in it, but I've only had a taste and I want mooore. :mario:

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

lol if you haven't preloaded your digital copy and ordered your free companion booklet yet

I must have messed something up since I preordered a week ago and never got anything about ordering it :\.

• Locked thread