Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They said that they think there's enough poo poo in the game and that there's no plans at the moment.

People are already making automatic levels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1BMGi3BdoY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA dudes, Mario Maker is up for pre-load on the eShop right now, and there's allegedly a toll-free phone number on the digital receipt that you can call to claim a free copy of the physical book that comes with the retail version.

This is indeed the case. Awesome for me since I get all my games digitally now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrHSylEV5wE

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Probably to prevent slowdown when a ton of enemies are on screen. The animations have less frames then in NSMBU too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

BexGu posted:

So here is a interesting video of a dude that made Metroid like level using the Super Mario Bro's 3 title set. The player has to collect various power ups (mushroom to break blocks, fireflowers to get past blocking enemies, etc) and even includes a miniboss.

Really show how far the level design can be taken.

Andre from GX made a pretty cool flying level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P5fcDHnhOU

This game has so much potential if reviewers could make stuff like this after having it a few days. Still hoping for SLOPE DLC though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want a Japanese Maro 2 pallete with the weird ugly ground sprites.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

along with precise physics from those games(not sure if the latter is in or not)

This is not the case according to gamexplain. All the styles share the same physics.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You can make tracks slopped but not ground.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The new SMW Bowser looks creepy.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

blablablabla posted:

Yeah I'm not liking having A as jump on the gamepad

You can remap controls for any VC game. Just press the touch screen while playing. U and Luigi U are good too but you can skip all the other New games imo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Can you unlock costumes through 10/100 Mario Challenge that are also tied to an amiibo?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

No Daisy? :wtf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Super Mario Maker: Finally, A Good Sonic Game

Also, Super Mario Maker: Finally, A Mega Man Game