Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
lol

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
faguette

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I wish I had thsi guys mental illness http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726012&userid=60088&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

Dec 26, 2012

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:smith:

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

lol at both things

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Charles Martel posted:

"PlayStation is the new home for Call of Duty."

And you guys can keep it. I'll happily be playing Battlefront.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

:allears: is posted three separate times in less than a minute to react to the stock movie scream being used here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726012&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=302#post446633528

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
someone found, and posted, this

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726012&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=303#post446633575

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh, so it's not funny to look up japanese stock market tickers? Get the gently caress out, troll.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

Oh, so it's not funny to look up japanese stock market tickers? Get the gently caress out, troll.

haha

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

elona.wikia.com/wiki/Sleep posted:

Elona+
----
There's four sleep related changes in Elona+:

4. It's possible that while sleeping a "sleep sharing" event may trigger with any pet who has a sleep sheep in their inventory and has relationship status of "Fellow" or higher. The event may be ended prematurely by selecting "go to sleep without minding" or "expel". Otherwise, the other four options may be used to bring you and your pet closer to your "limit". Should your pet reach his/her limit first, or should you both reach your limit at the same time, you may find a "blood of <pet>" on the bed in the morning. (The Japanese word is 体液, which means body fluids, not specifically blood). Positive sleep sharing events will improve your relationship with your pet. Beginning with Elona+1.39, this event will only trigger if the pet possesses a "Sleep Sheep" item, is visible when going to sleep, and meets the relationship requirements (Fellow or higher).

It's also possible, through the use of the "Squeeze" special action, to begin "forced sleep sharing" while sleepy and on a bed. The event plays out the same as if it was a natural occurance. However, should you initiate forced sleep sharing with a pet whose relationship is lower than "Fellow", your relationship with that pet will worsen, regardless of whether or not the pet reaches their limit.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

:allears: is posted three separate times in less than a minute to react to the stock movie scream being used here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726012&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=302#post446633528

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Yoshifan823 posted:

I did some research so I could make my dumb predictions for the Digital Event tomorrow.

Games we know about :

Wii U:
Zelda (has probably been in the cards for a long time now)
Star Fox (probably Miyamoto's team immediately after Pikmin 3 got done, if it's out this year)
Mario Maker
Mario & Sonic 2016
More Smash/Kart/Splatoon DLC?
SMTxFE

3DS:
Animal Crossing Happy Home
Chibi-Robo
Fire Emblem Next

We've had a bunch of games out over the last 8 months, including Kirby, Captain Toad, Mario Party, Splatoon, Xenoblade, Yoshi (the latter two in Japan), Smash, Puzzle/Dragons, Majora's Mask 3D, Xenoblade 3D, and Codename STEAM. There's a lot of unused manpower there, and I don't know where it's at, especially if Mario Maker is as close to finished as it looked on Sunday.

Monolith and Good Feel are done with their big projects, Retro's is still unannounced, and a lot of the midsize projects have come out. I'm gonna do a big ol' effort post to speculate exactly what we might see tomorrow.

First, take a look at Nintendo Entertainment and Development, the largest grouping of developers in Nintendo, split into different teams that have different responsibilities. This is where Miyamoto works.

The teams at the Kyoto EAD Office:
SDG1's last project was Mario Kart 8, which came out last year, and most certainly doesn't require a whole team to be working on DLC. They're probably working on something new, they're responsible for Mario Kart and Nintendogs. Something new that is Nintendogs-esque is possible.
SDG2's projects are Splatoon and Animal Crossing Happy Home, and there's probably some greater Animal Crossing thing that they're working on, whether for Wii U or more for 3DS. They're also responsible for Wii Sports, Nintendo Land, and their kin.
SDG3's wrapped up in the new Zelda game.
SDG4's got Mario Maker almost there, and did NSMBU/NSLBU and Pikmin 3, which means they're probably a pretty big team, potentially with something else in the bag.
SDG5's working on Star Fox, and potentially something with the other two games they demoed last year, if they didn't get folded into Star Fox.

The teams at the Tokyo EAD office:
TokyoSDG1's done with the Majora update, and the only other things they've done over the last few years are the OoT update, some app-esque things for the Wii U/3DS (pictures with Mario, Wii U Tours) and Four Swords Anniversary Edition. These are the guys who made Super Mario Galaxy and DK Jungle Beat as their first projects, so they could have something big up their sleeves.
TokyoSDG2 did Captain Toad, the NES Remix games, and 3D World, with nothing new in the pike, they could have a project in the works too.

Next, you have Nintendo Software Planning and Development, where they do more experimental games, weird little side projects and other assorted odds and ends, along with assisting outside devs with their games. Yoshio Sakamoto (he of Metroid fame) oversees this division.

The SPD teams:
SPD1: Team WarioWare/Rhythm Heaven, currently working on something called Nikki's Travel Quiz, nothing else known. Potentially a new Rhythm Heaven for Wii U? (fun fact: they co-produced Metroid Other M with Team Ninja!)
SPD2: These guys team up with 2nd/3rd party Japanese developers that are working on Nintendo properties, they've had their hands in a lot of stuff, from Xenoblade X and Codename STEAM to Pokemon, Wonderful 101, Sin and Punishment 2 and Devil's Third. They are probably getting farmed out to whoever is working on projects outside of Nintendo Home Base.
SPD3: The same, but for teams a little closer to home. They co-produced Retro's games, Lego City Undercover, Paper Mario Sticker Star, and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, among others. Their last project was DK Tropical Freeze, but they're almost certainly working on whatever Retro has in the barrel.
SPD4: Mario side projects galore, these guys co-developed Mario Party 8/9 and Island Tour, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Wii Party U and the Mario & Luigi games. Again, nothing in the immediate future.
SDD: Software Development and Design, the guys responsible for Brain Age, Band Brothers, and most recently, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. Nothing in the immediate future here either.

These are the main Japanese teams. Under the main Nintendo umbrella, you also have Nintendo Software Technology, who is Nintendo's North American development arm, a mashup of Japanese workers transferred over and recruits from various US developers. All they've done as of late is the Mario vs. Donkey Kong games and Crosswords, but at one point were involved with Wave Race and 1080 for Gamecube and Metroid Prime Hunters. Tipping Stars is out now, so there's probably some Mario v DK game in the works here.

Once you finish with those teams, you've got the five external teams who are essentially second party devs.
1-Up: Formerly Brownie Brown, these guys have some Square experience, and helped develop Mother 3, Magical Starsign, and more recently, 3D Land/World and Treasure Tracker. Nothing major in the works.
Monolith: Done with Xenoblade X, started up on Project X Zone 2, wouldn't surprise me if some other project has started, though it's probably still a bit away from being shown off.
Intelligent Systems: working on two different Fire Emblem games, but also responsible for the Paper Mario series. In my dream world, they've got another Paper Mario in the cards, but they seem to be a busy team as it is.
Ncube: Seem to have taken over the Mario Party games from SPD4, having worked on 9/10. If I had to guess, I'd say working on 11 as we speak, but not gonna be shown off this year.
Retro: The biggest question mark of the day. We know they're working on something, and logic says its big coming out party is tomorrow. Is it Diddy Kong? Metroid Prime 4? Something completely off the wall? Raven Blade out of loving nowhere to top Shenmue 3 and Last Guardian? I have no loving clue.

Now, once you get out of the "we are owned by Nintendo" crowd, you've got the guys who have teamed up with Nintendo in the past. I'm not gonna list them all, because it's a long loving list, but I'll highlight some who might have something we see tomorrow, or have something currently in the works for Nintendo.

Alphadream: Primary dev of Mario & Luigi games (and Hamtaro!). Another one could be in development, it's been almost two years since Dream Team.
Bandai Namco: Doing Pokken Tournament, we could see news on a US port today, or a bit more on Project Treasure (but hopefully not because gently caress F2P poo poo)
Camelot: Team responsible for the primary development of Golden Sun, Mario Tennis and Mario Golf. Nothing on deck now, and Mario Golf World Tour came out over a year ago now.
Creatures: Pokemon side projects galore (oh, and Earthbound), they haven't had anything come out since the Pokepark games on the Wii, which was 5 years ago. I dunno what's up with them.
Game Freak: The other big question: do we see Pokemon Red/Green 20th Anniversary Edition? X2/Y2/Z? A port of Tembo the Badass Elephant?
Grezzo: Primary devs for the Zelda 3DS remasters, now that Majora's Mask is out, are they gonna get a project of their very own? A former Square-Enix employee is the head...
HAL Labs: probably the busiest team on this list in recent years, they did both Smash games, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse/Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Box Boy. I'll be surprised to see them pop up.
Jupiter: If they are not chained in a basement somewhere authoring Picross puzzles, Nintendo is loving up severely.
Koei Tecmo: Hyrule Warriors 3DS.
Kuju Entertainment: Art Academy.
Level-5: Yo-Kai Watch and its sequel, as well as Fantasy Life 2. Potentially some Layton? They've been moving toward mobile recently, so I guess no.
Mistwalker: The guys behind The Last Story have a mobile game that might come to portable systems. Probably not an E3 announcement.
Monster Games: An intriguing group, developed the DKCR and Xenoblade ports, and helped Retro with DKTF. Could they have something in the Digital Event tomorrow?
Next Level: Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Super Mario Strikers, as well as Punch Out. I'd put good money on seeing a Mario Sports game in some form tomorrow from them, complete with online.
Paon: DK side games (King of Swing, Barrel Blast, Jungle Climber) and the last Glory of Heracles game.
Platinum: Working on Scalebound and Transformers Devastation, but has expressed interest in working with Nintendo further. I suspect we don't see anything from them.
Sega: Working on the Olympic spinoff, along with their own poo poo. Currently in a free-fall, probably not working on anything, though they did work on F-Zero AX/GX...
skip LTD: Not on the wikipedia page, but I'm 99% sure they're responsible for the new Chibi Robo game, because they've done all the previous ones.
Square Enix: A very long shot, especially given all they're working on right now, but on the other hand, their conference is almost immediately following Nintendo's...
Syn Sophia: Currently overseeing the Style Savvy games, formerly Aki (yes that Aki, the wrestling game guys). Nothing in the conference, but I think it's funny that the team behind the N64 WWF/WCW games is now making Style Savvy.
Tose: formerly developed Super Princess Peach, Stafy, and the Game & Watch Galleries, as well as porting some stuff to PSP and RE Revelations to consoles, helped development for Splatoon. Could have something, nothing major though.
Treasure: Formerly of Wario World, Sin and Punishment, and some loving hard shmups, currently making a robot game for 3DS, could get a port over. Gaist?
Vanpool: Guys behind Dillon's Rolling Western, I'd bet they've got something at the show tomorrow.

That's a lot of words, but what does it all mean? After this research, here's what I think we see tomorrow:

For sure:
Mentions of Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Maker, Xenoblade and Chibi-Robo. Nothing major, because they've had a lot of air time already (and half of them are out in JP already), and will probably have plenty of Treehouse time devoted to them. Mario & Sonic will show up in a montage somewhere, but god willing no time will be spent watching it until the Treehouse.
Star Fox is probably the leadoff title, because everyone knows it's coming. Most likely will be primarily air battles, with some elements of the other two games Miyamoto's team showed off last year.
Hyrule Warriors 3DS reveal (even though it's already been revealed)
Art Academy hype
DLC and Amiibo updates, starring Splatoon and Animal Crossing Happy House. Clearly something Sunshine related is up with Splatoon, and Mario Maker is getting an Amiibo
Requisite Indie Jerking Off
Requisite Sad 3rd Party Reel

Probable:
Retro's title, whatever that may be. Diddy Kong is the popular rumor, Metroid Prime 4 is a common guess as well, but it's been long enough that I think it's something completely out of nowhere, like a new IP. Whatever it is, it will probably be there.
Time spent with the new Fire Emblem games. More SMT/FE than the 3DS one, but not a whole lot, because they're not as aimed at the US market.
More Mario Kart DLC. They want this game to live forever, and if they add in another couple cups and some characters/carts, that's another year of playability right there, especially with 200CC.
Next Level Mario Sports Game, with online play inspired by Splatoon. They've been quiet long enough, and there are plenty of rumors that something is up at Next Level, this is probably the safest bet for a surprise game.
Vanpool eShop game: I don't think they'll have another Dillon's game, but they'll probably have something. Not a full game, probably, but another major eShop title.
Pokken Tournament Wii U port, with character announcements. They've been quiet about a home version, but this would be prime time to pull it out.
Pokemon Red/Green 20th Anniversary. Makes too much sense, and I will spend mad money to play the first Pokemon game again.
More Wii VC title announcements. The stuff currently out in Japan, plus maybe a couple surprises. Same price deal as SMG2, MPT and Punch-Out.

Possible: (aka: where it gets fun)
New Mario 3D platformer. I'm talking a Galaxy-esque game, maybe even Super Mario Universe or something.
More Wii Sports Club games. I want Swordfighting, but I'll take some of the other Resort games.
Pikmin 3DS game. Just a hunch on this one.
New Nintendogs like simulator. See above.
Metroid for 3DS, not named Metroid Dread. We're probably not getting Prime 4, but Metroid's been dormant long enough.
New Mario & Luigi game.
New Smash DLC. It might be too soon, but they want a steady stream of stuff.
New Nintendo Character game from 1Up, Monster, Paon, Grezzo, and/or Camelot

Potential: (aka: probably not, but the inspiration is there)
New Paper Mario
New Sega Developed F-Zero. (they could use the help)
Mother 3 on VC. We did get Earthbound Beginnings, after all.
New Platinum title. They're awful busy, but even a hype trailer would be a positive.
Full Wii U Animal Crossing
Metroid Prime 4
Square/Nintendo collaboration
Pokemon Z
New installments of: Advance Wars, Kid Icarus, 3DS Zelda, Mario/Wii Party, Mario Tennis, Punch Out, Balloon Fight, Mach Rider (lol), Luigi's Mansion, Kirby, any other Nintendo property.

My personal dream:
Picross 3DS
Gamecube games on VC

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

the 'tism

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I love you NightRave45.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
F•cked up that they won't let me create a character with AIDS, which ruins my immersion.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Me: A new Picross game would be cool.

Games poster: *posts 100000 words* In conclusion, a new Picross game would be cool.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Is phoenix wright dead, or ghost trick
I liked ghost trick

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Is phoenix wright dead, or ghost trick
I liked ghost trick

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban:_Naruhod%C5%8D_Ry%C5%ABnosuke_no_B%C5%8Dken

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
So the english version will be out in 2 years then

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Humphrey Vasel posted:

So the english version will be out in 2 years then

hopefully its that short

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

When I first saw that I thought it said "Dad Chat" and it was a hamburger going around his head

Starts shaking uncontrollably... Dad... Lmfao

TacoTime
Jun 16, 2015

yeah.

zen death robot posted:

When I first saw that I thought it said "Dad Chat" and it was a hamburger going around his head

this would be better

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Yeah gently caress you man I just misread it no need to be a dick about it

lmao

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
if that isn't a hamburger i don't know what it is

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012