Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhsyqaHvlXk&t=1s
Published on Jun 14, 2015
Xenia Xbox 360 Emulator - Way of the Samurai 3 Ingame!

Xenia is an experimental emulator for the Xbox 360.It's realtime a footage.

XENIA - http://xenia.jp/
XENIA GITHUB - https://github.com/benvanik/xenia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Hmm, maybe i'll play Red Dead Redemption some day.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, it's called backwards compatibility on the Xbox One.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Consoles are for scrubs

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Back To 99 posted:

Consoles are for scrubs

then im a deku scrub

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

then im a deku scrub

Dec 26, 2012

Back To 99 posted:

Consoles are for scrubs

back to id=44

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Gamer hell yeah.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Back To 99 posted:

Hmm, maybe i'll play Red Dead Redemption some day.

some day is right. its sort of a half assed implementation they've described. rockstar has to say ok, ms has to create a downloadable rom for you to unlock with your game disc, and that rom needs to not have too many bugs to play.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Real hurthling! posted:

some day is right. its sort of a half assed implementation they've described. rockstar has to say ok, ms has to create a downloadable rom for you to unlock with your game disc, and that rom needs to not have too many bugs to play.

no this is an emulator you download and run on your gaming pc running Windows

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeXReX posted:

no this is an emulator you download and run on your gaming pc running Windows

cool mea culpa

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
They seem to have figured out the skeleton stuff, but it looks like they haven't unriddled how to handle bone weights on the meshes yet so that meshes follow the bones. It seems like such an obvious low-level thing that would make a world of difference. Under the hood, this stuff must still be... incredibly bare-bones. :haw:

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Polygons get painted colors to know which bone that they're supposed to follow in a dude's skeleton. Each color is a different bone. Those colors are called bone weights. You can see that they definitely have the bones working because the head, hands, weapons and poo poo follow the right positions (bones are invisible). They don't have bone weights working though because the polygons of those objects aren't deforming to follow the skeleton. Get that working and your hosed up looking emulator looks 100x better at the very least. Your humans look human, at least.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mzHBvQKw8k&t=132s

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GL5lzMJomY

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

wait....youre telling me ganondorfs dark energy and pikachus electricity are equally powerful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

Polygons get painted colors to know which bone that they're supposed to follow in a dude's skeleton. Each color is a different bone. Those colors are called bone weights. You can see that they definitely have the bones working because the head, hands, weapons and poo poo follow the right positions (bones are invisible). They don't have bone weights working though because the polygons of those objects aren't deforming to follow the skeleton. Get that working and your hosed up looking emulator looks 100x better at the very least. Your humans look human, at least.

Dude...shouldn't you be working on your upcoming Ubisoft-published game, South Park: The Fractured But Whole?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Dude...shouldn't you be working on your upcoming Ubisoft-published game, South Park: The Fractured But Whole?

was that actually his game i didnt watch the ubisoft show

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

was that actually his game i didnt watch the ubisoft show

Im joking sadly. His game was actually For Honor, and the only interesting thing Ubi showed off, but to troll him I've been saying he's Trey Parker. Cheers.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I thought it was the cool swordplay game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Im joking sadly. His game was actually For Honor, and the only interesting thing Ubi showed off, but to troll him I've been saying he's Trey Parker. Cheers.

thats a compliment

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

if his game really features a dodge button without i-frames, then he has much worse trolling to fear

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
they never shook down an nvida dev to get the deets for an orginal xbox emulator, rip.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

HolePisser1982 posted:

if his game really features a dodge button without i-frames, then he has much worse trolling to fear

I've been hearing that a lot. I'm not a fight designer and can't possibly officially give an explanation on that. If people were to have more time with the E3 build and get good with it though, I think a better understanding of the dodge mechanic would emerge. They're definitely there, it's just exposed in an unusual way. My take on it is that you have to know which attack it is that you're dodging. If you dodge the swing before they actually start taking a swing, and you're not actually getting out of reach, they'll probably land the hit. Think of it as the i-frames being in the attack being dodged, not in the dodge animation itself... or perhaps rather that the i-frames only exist if the attack was already initiated when you started dodging.

On the other hand, most swings (especially the strong attacks) are just enough of an investment so that you can definitely see it coming if you're specifically looking to dodge and relocate.

Taking a swing is often as risky as attempting a dodge, especially if it's blind.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jun 17, 2015

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Uhh... Whatever, OP. Let me know when they emulate these massive nards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Uhh... Whatever, OP. Let me know when they emulate these massive nards.

computers dont go to that low a resolution anymore

• Locked thread