Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
so basically monster is suing beats because they did some shifty (hilarious) business maneuvers to screw monster over.

then monster is shocked when apple revokes their authority to make licensed iphone/ipad whatever crap.

quote:

In the suit, Monster said Beats “fraudulently acquired” the Beats by Dr. Dre line of headphones from a deal with Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC Corp., which agreed to purchase a 51% stake in Beats for $300 million in 2011.

The complaint asserts that Beats repurchased 25.5% of its own shares from HTC less than a month after the deal closed, allowing Beats to end its relationship with Monster due to a change-of-ownership clause. Monster said it helped launch the Beats brand of headphones, by developing, manufacturing and distributing the headphones in exchange for the licensing rights to the Beats brand.
lol

http://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-revokes-monsters-authority-to-make-licensed-accessories-1434481512

post other dumb clueless poo poo companies do itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
:owned:

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
gently caress monster but don't companies often sue each other over specific things to defend their IP or whatever but continue doing business together in other ways?

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

gabensraum posted:

gently caress monster but don't companies often sue each other over specific things to defend their IP or whatever but continue doing business together in other ways?

Yes (apple, Samsung)

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
yeah samsung makes the iphone processor lol

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

proving that any idiot could make an iphone

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

gabensraum posted:

monster has no value to apple because they just make lovely cables and charge exorbitant prices for them (something that apple, and now beats, already does)

BANME.sh posted:

yeah samsung makes the iphone processor lol

they also make all of the computer displays lol

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
jimmy iovine is preparing to do to apple what he did to monster, just a reminder

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the whole thing with beats and monster is pretty funny, IIRC noel lee sent his son to go negotiate with dre & iovine and ended up with a lovely contract with lots of escape clauses

couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people gently caress monster

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
seriously it's great to see the litigious assholes at monster get hosed again

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
apple not understanding that some countries have laws to let others companies sell apple devices at any price

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/06/17/us-taiwan-apple-idUKKBN0OX0VZ20150617

The island's Fair Trade Commission had previously levied the fine against the Silicon Valley firm for requiring its major Taiwan telecom partners to receive approval for pricing plans for its wildly popular iPhone series in advance of public release, in violation of Taiwanese law.

Apple subsequently countersued and lost the suit.

"Apple limited telecoms from setting contract price for its 4, 4S, 5 and 5S models, which is against the law," commission spokesman Chiu Yung-ho told Reuters. The court noted that Apple can still appeal.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

quote:

The complaint asserts that Beats repurchased 25.5% of its own shares from HTC less than a month after the deal closed, allowing Beats to end its relationship with Monster due to a change-of-ownership clause.

okay, then Beats can end their relationship with Monster. it's in the contract

quote:

Monster said it helped launch the Beats brand of headphones, by developing, manufacturing and distributing the headphones in exchange for the licensing rights to the Beats brand.

oh boo hoo. licensing rights doesn't equal ownership

seriously, they have no case. also Monster sucks

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I once got a call from a recruiter at monster and he was all shocked when I said I didn't want to work for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

when i worked at best buy i'd buy monster stuff with the employee discount (company cost + 10%) and then resell it on ebay where dummies would pay full price for the stuff

welp thats my monster story

• Locked thread