Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sweet! Ladies Night!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Popo approves

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gazpacho posted:

Remember LF? It's back — in reddit form!

This poor comrade is about to fall for the capitalist honeypot.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Apparently the Confederate flag has no place in a video game about Gettysburg, according to Apple.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TenementFunster posted:

holy jesus SC has a monument to Wade loving Hampton?

I don't know why but it always bothers me when people draw hanged men and never show their necks broken.

Don't they look much better now? :allears:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Found a place where they can put the Wade Hampton monuments.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
HSBC's Employee of the Year fled Mexico's maximum security prison today.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oklahoma's GOP delivering a real knee slapper today.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frostwerks posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u__W0Qa8v0k

Do you think Aaron McGruder ever regrets creating that character like Dave Chappele or Chris Rock ever did with their skits or bits? Because one quick glance at the comments shows an unnerving amount of affection.

I hope not. It's really good satire even if some people earnestly support it.

Lycus posted:

Poors are dangerous, you don't want them becoming accustomed to coming near people.

e: drat it, this is the picture thread, not politics.

Can you tell me what book that is from? I've read a lot of slavery books and that's not entirely accurate. There were cases of elder slaves being emancipated by unscrupulous owners who didn't want to pay for their well-being.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kro-Bar posted:

Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin meets with Obama during his two-day visit to Oklahoma, during which he became the first sitting president to visit a federal prison.

Eyeroll.

She doesn't know the three branches of government. Seriously.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
God drat the conservatives on my facebook feed are a treasure trove of bad image macros.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Speaking of Japan:

MUTATED FUKUKSHIMA DAISIES!!! :byodood:

They actually suffer from this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasciation but people are instead freaking out about atoms.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArchRanger posted:

It my experience it's exclusively mentally unstable jack-offs. One of my friend's dad died a few years ago, they weren't on the greatest terms because he was kind of a nutball, and me and a couple others volunteered to help clean out his house. In between the literal trash bags full of cat feces we found over two hundred bolt action rifles, 3 dozen modern semi-autos, and about a dozen full autos of various types. Guns were bundled into rugs in groups without regard for variety, condition, or any organization that we could figure out.

Dude was convinced the government was going to come take his guns any day.

Don't forget the neckties!

Scratch Monkey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozYao1Mju7A

Pretty Russian woman sings Cossack song about war

Wow she's quite stunning, with an amazing voice. I look forward to her feuding with Taylor Swift soon.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:swoon:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Superman is going to beat up riot cops soon.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
This was posted on a friend's wall by a Baby Boomer who was making a really bad argument that Millennials are responsible for the position they're in today. :smugdog:

What are Cake Eaters? :lol:

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 6, 2015

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Confederate Summer Camp where kids can experience racismantebellum southern heritage!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Klaus88 posted:

WORK TO EAT
WORK TO DEATH
WORK TO EAT
WORK TO DEATH

Ah, yes, a rich person telling poor people how to make it in the world.

The Horatio Alger Myth was much better.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yes, that's George Zimmerman's "art" for sale.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Textbook stickers for Arizona school children. When I was in high school we had huge stickers warning us that evolution was "just a theory" and we also had multiple people come talk to us about the direct links between marijuana and cancer.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Her husband started Amway.

Her brother started Blackwater.

The entire family.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

JawKnee posted:

there are a bunch more things in the US that are more hosed up than this, who cares

Boy I wonder if one of those guys standing in line is a welder! It's almost like not funding domestic stuff is related to lots of people being unemployed.

Oh well, maybe they can just turn that boat into a condominium for rich people.

The grain pier that was the focus of Season 2 from the Wire turned into a loving condo.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hubis posted:

Paying those hypothetical welders to cut the ship up and scuttle it in the middle of the bay would be just as economically beneficial (if not moreso) so that doesn't really seem like an argument.

I don't see how this disputes my argument that there's a ton of work that needs to be done and a ton of people out of work willing to do it.

Also I am not sure how you figure sinking a ship instead of restoring it and using it as a museum would be better for the economy.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Let's make Labor Day about the guys who usually come out and shoot the workers when they strike.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

mlmp08 posted:

So in which of those incidents was the army shooting strikers? Cursory research shows that after shots were fired by either police or strike-breakers in the instances cited above, the army was sent in to help stop the shooting. Also it's pretty loaded to refer to using tear gas as gassing someone while referencing WW1 vets. No denying that MacArthur was a real prick during the Bonus Army demonstrations though. So I guess 83 years ago, the army was used to not shoot strikers is a pretty good way of arguing that the army are the guys shooting strikers in the United States.

The Army Air Force actually bombed the workers on Blair Mountain. Here's one holding up a dud that didn't explode:

If you really don't think the army/national guard wouldn't violently put down a labor strike then I don't know what to tell you. The fact it hasn't happened in some arbitrarily decided number doesn't diminish the fact they would, also that the police are so militarized today (and almost indistinguishable) that it likely would be done by them first.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doh, you're right. They only conducted surveillance.

Armyman25 posted:

Again, you're bringing up things that happened 94 years ago and you're getting the facts wrong to boot. The military didn't drop bombs at Blair mountain, privately hired civilian planes did.

You're right, the army has become way less violent in the last 94 years, forget I disparaged The Troops on a holiday that isn't even about them.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 9, 2015

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Armyman25 posted:

You're a very poor loser.

Yeah I totally got bested, the army/national guard would never shoot anyone striking, I mean it's not like strikes have gone away (and become non-violent) for a variety of other reasons; it's because the noble american soldier would never turn his weapon upon his fellow citizen. :patriot: :911:

spacetoaster posted:

Somebody drew a cartoon man. That counts as evidence.

The cartoon is saying what Armyman said, so I don't get this but okay. :shrug:

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 9, 2015

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
According to reddit this is Bernie Sanders walking to work today.

Also :lol:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Video of Bernie Sanders delivering an :iceburn: to Duke Cunningham in 1995 over "Homos in the military"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAFlQ6fU4GM

You may recall Duke Cunningham was the congressman who went to jail for 10 years for accepting bribes and a yacht named the Duke-stir.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
9-11 deserves to be made fun of, it's been put upon an altar and used to justify all heinous acts way worse than some buildings falling down and killing three thousand people.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Staples denied service to a police officer requesting this:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jesus was all about making sure the lepers didn't want HBO.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Japan's parliament voting about pacifism gets violent.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Apparently a grocery store in Houston converted Yeltsin to capitalism.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boys and girls police costumes.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
A really frail-sounding Noam Chomsky talking about how hosed America is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUc8ukdVtMs

America isn't a democracy, both political parties in the US are far-right, elections are a joke.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Willie Lincoln's death always struck me as really sad because of how much fun and full of life the Lincoln children were. In a way he was actually a casualty of the Civil War, as the Union Army camped upriver from the White House contaminated his drinking water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Israel has a powerful new supporter

• Locked thread