Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/charleston-church-shooting/nine-killed-historic-emanuel-church-charleston-south-carolina-n377436

9 dead, including a pastor and state senator. They were there for bible study.

Volcott fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jun 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/charleston-church-shooting/charleston-church-shooting-president-obama-deliver-remarks-n377726

"Now is the time for mourning and healing, but let's be clear: At some point as a country, we have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries," the president said. "It is in our power to do something about it… I say this knowing the politics in this town foreclose a lot of those opportunities."

Anders Breivik upon being informed Norway is not an advanced country.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

IAMNOTADOCTOR posted:

In bold added by me and as written by NBC news, you had to actively misquote the same page your linking to to make this silly argument.

Obama on being informed that Volcott doesn't know how silly you look misqouting people to set up a strawman.

I am 90% sure I copied that quote from the NBC page. I certainly didn't redact it myself. This makes my sick burn a lot less impressive.

Edit: it looks like there have been a couple versions of that article. Here's a third variant.

>"Now is the time for mourning and healing, but let's be clear: At some point, we as a country, will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries. It doesn't happen in other places with this kind of frequency," the president said as he stood next to Vice President Joe Biden. "It is in our power to do something about it… I say that recognizing the politics in this town foreclose a lot of those avenues right now."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

If you ever want to feel better about the state of race relations in the US, ask an European what they think of Gypsies/Romani.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

From 4chan /pol/, of all places. There's no need to make it illegal, but it belongs in a museum, not flying outside the statehouse.

Volcott fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 24, 2015

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Volcott fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Oct 28, 2015

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

Bernie has this locked down. Hillary is too old, and too dirty.

Sanders is the Ron Paul of 2016. His only real purpose in this election is to push Hillary to the left.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Py4ClfH7c

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I wonder what a retrospective on Port Arthur is doing on an American news site? It's almost like NBC's editorial staff is trying to say something here.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

(Not actually a thing.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_robot

Our current crop of earthbound killbots isn't that impressive, but in the not too distant future it's not outlandish to imagine we'll have something every bit as useful as a UAV.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

We just need to avoid nuking ourselves until humanity collectively decides to hand over the reins of power to a benevolent AI.

http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Helios

Deus Ex is great. Invisible War never happened.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Now that he's out of office, I admit Bush is a pretty cool guy. I just never thought he was a good fit for the presidency, especially given he advisors he surrounded himself with. I mean, its become somewhat of a meme, but Cheney was almost cartoonishly evil.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

When white people move away it's demonized as white flight. When white people move back it's demonized as gentrification.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

McDowell posted:

White flight never should have happened. Boomers and car culture...

You can still hear the mindset today - when one or two convenience stores being destroyed morphs into 'cities in flames' :siren: 'no go zones' to reactionary whites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJfTa5SjDCY

To make America great again you need to reinvigorate the cities. Hundreds of thousands of buildings can be refurbished with solar power systems. Disused areas can be cleaned up and used as green space. Through legal mandates modern Information Systems can create highly efficient markets for housing, work, and transit.

Personally, I'd rather live in a place where there isn't a recent history of rioting, even if it was only "one or two convenience stores" that they burned to the ground. But that's just me.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

ryonguy posted:

hurrf durk urgle burgle white guilt something something

It's like a broken record player with nothing but an old wax casting of flyover state Waffle House ambiance.

"There's literally nothing wrong with being white." - Adolf Hitler probably

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

But that's A. Wyatt Mann's charming style.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I tried reading this article and my eyes just sort of glazed over. Could you give me the Sparknotes version? I'd like to know what they're talking about.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Do not kill the President of these United States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEQOvyGbBtY

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

sippin_on_gin_and_juche.sps

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Crowsbeak posted:

What is the origin of that. Also is it serious?

A question that's sometimes asked on /pol/ is "is ethnicity white?" There's an excuse to rule out everyone. The image pokes fun at that.

Malik Agar, the "whitest man in Argentina."

Volcott fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 28, 2015

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Ron Jeremy posted:

Ironic Internet racism must die.

Probably not ironic. /pol/ is a horrible place filled with horrible people, though it's damned entertaining sometimes.

Volcott fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 28, 2015

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Tuckleberry posted:

is it related to maybe one of the other times it was posted on that page

Was it animated on those occasions? I hadn't thought it was. Here's a jet.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Hubis posted:

Restore it to pristine condition. Send it to the Mediterranean to ferry refugees to western Europe. Win/Win!

We have an obligation to share American wall technology with our European brothers.

Nah I'm just loving with ya Biden 2016.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

The United States is a net good. You can't be a superpower without committing the occasional war crime.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

pathetic little tramp posted:

Syria is the single worst human rights disaster of the 21st century.

We're only 14 years in. Give it time.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

High and tights for everyone. Even the women. There, problem solved.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here's_to_You_%28song%29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0xUl_VRCmM

Relevant again thanks to videogames.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Right, because the migrants in question will be sent to death camps if found.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Former President Richard Nixon is my favorite parody twitter account.

https://twitter.com/dick_nixon

If you're ever bored, check out the gift shop at Nixon's library. It's the oddest assortment of goods.

Also, the queen did a thing. She's a pretty good queen. God save that queen.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I haven't heard the word uppity outside of an insult directed towards The Black President in forever.

Volcott fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 28, 2015

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Also, only in the UK could pepper spray be considered an offensive weapon.

Volcott fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 14, 2015

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

The Peccadillo posted:

The idea that you would have body armor as a private citizen if you weren't trying to commit mass murder is weird and wrong

"You can't have thing because it'll make it harder for someone to kill you."

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Clock chat is the worst.

Volcott fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 28, 2015

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Meanwhile, on 4chan's video game board.

Are screencaps images? Not really. Actual image inbound.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I'm sorry but if you didn't like Terminator 2 you're objectively wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX9hL93HPMI

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNOyy1PbjQU

• Locked thread