Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Accretionist posted:

Really reminds me of that Ted talk about creating walkable communities as an alternate to "places not worth caring about (see above)"

If you haven't seen it, it actually owns:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1ZeXnmDZMQ

In retrospect, that talk is hilarious because everybody in the room is probably involved in the tech sector in someway, and was supposed to be one of the "new urbanists" who were going to bring about the glorious revolution. However once they started to interact with poor people and people of color, they decided maybe the suburbs had it right the whole time. So they built their headquarters out in the middle of nowhere where they could have a private walkable compound, and when they do build in cities they need to make sure they have sky bridges so their people won't actually have to interact with the people who live in the city. New urbanism will not happen in America until we have nothing but affluent white-only cities.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Trabisnikof posted:

With Shell in the arctic, all it takes is a day or two to make a huge difference:

(Above: Shell's expensive drilling rig run aground because they tried to sail in the middle of December to avoid being in Alaska on New Years Day)

Yeah, Shell has been a shitshow up here, they think that their North Sea experience will translate to the Chukchi Sea and it won't. To be fair though no one else really has the experience either, except maybe Gazprom.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3mw49mk_x0

Full disclaimer, my brother is a member of this union.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

zakharov posted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-33973394

Brits, apparently your PM flies commercial? Weird imo

That's crazy, I can't imagine a head of state being allowed to fly commercial.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

snakeandbake posted:

I, too, would prefer to not live in a place where minorities are treated so badly that they riot as a result. But that's just me.

It's a systemic problem not an individual one :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jOqOlETcRU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Ben Shapiro of Breitbart

Hey the broken clock is right this time.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

JoelJoel posted:

Still not seeing the tragic human cost that can be attributed to environmental activism. Sure some of them are crazy, but even the most extreme cases--sabotage of pipelines, for example--seem to stem from major players doing real and tangible harm to the well being of the activists and/or those they sympathise with.

Everyone knows the CLIT isn't a real group, it's just an unorganized offshoot of the Liberating Apes Before Imprisoning Apes movement. :colbert:

In other news here's a new SF restaurant where you don't even have to see the poor make your food.

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 1, 2015

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

sinking belle posted:

Gosh how novel

This isn't an automat though. The food it's made to, and at the time of, order it just hides the kitchen and staff from patrons. It's the restaurant equivalent of this:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

BgRdMchne posted:

Does the Pope get dual citizenship with Argentina and the Vatican?

Yes and no. Yes in that as King of Vatican City he is automatically a citizen and can of course issue himself a passport, but no he isn't required to.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Full Battle Rattle posted:

It gets better

I never even thought about the implications of cold war in their little fantasy scenario. Stalin, apparently, was a templar puppet used to discredit communism, I think?

No Stalin actually wasn't affiliated with either side, he was just crazy Uncle Joe.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
He really is a forgotten civil rights hero, godspeed Mr. Norman

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

spacetoaster posted:

That's why it'll always be a dumb gimmick to people who know anything about guns.

Until we can repeal the second amendment, making guns hard to impossible to be used is a worthy goal.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

spacetoaster posted:

I think that has more to do with some gun-unfriendly places trying to make untried/unuseful/unworkable tech mandatory for all firearms.

There are people advocating smart gun tech be mandatory right now even though it's crap.

Also a lot of people are also fed up with the gun restriction stuff too. We were told that there would be rivers of blood in the streets when the assault weapons ban went out of effect. Instead, infuriatingly I know, the opposite has been happening.

Only half the number of innocent people dying compared to twenty years ago is not an argument for continuing to make guns so freely available. Look I know you have a tiny dick, but can't you channel that rage into something productive?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Forever_Peace posted:

Bernie Sanders, 1985:

Bullshit, Bernie was still opposed to gay marriage in Vermont in 2006. He thought civil unions were good enough and passing marriage equality would be too hard and divisive.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Volcott posted:

I'm just so tired of explaining how an AR-15 is not a machine gun to pearl clutching millennials.

I give up, take the loving things. I'll settle for a Mini-14.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNjdlJxanmQ

Here's a man, who while unarmed, saved more lives than a wannabe Frank Castle like you ever will:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Women cannot be sexist, just like POCs cannot be racist.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Lobe posted:

My favorite thing about election season is seeing oligarchs choke down the food of proles. Sure, they will never know justice for the vast wrongdoing they commit, but at least they are forced to look like insincere clowns for a few embarrassing photographs.

She's married to Bill, I guarantee she's eaten worse.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Freakazoid_ posted:

I suspect a number of goons actually liked ICP but won't admit it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW5w5vLvjx4

The only time I've ever heard anything from ICP is in the opening of this episode of the F Plus, but I'd tolerate tankies if they were helping beat down on some Nazis.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

VideoGameVet posted:

A co-worker at 3 different companies was the producer of the original Bubsy.

(he was also the guy who secured the video game license for the above, but Activision passed after focus group report said "Teenage Boys Show Little Interest In Anthropomorphic Turtles".)

Has he heard about Ulillilia?

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 30, 2017

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
The fact that current American government still exists is probably the most damning indictment of liberalism. Almost one year ago more than half a million people from all 50 states and the territories marched on Washington and instead of simply marching into Congress/SCOTUS/the White House and kicking the current government out, they just "protested" for a return to the status quo and all that energy was essentially wasted.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Reminder that the entire world isn't poo poo yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcAw0u60_Bg

vvv In this year of hell, I'll take any trans positive message I can find, even if it is ultimately in the service of capital. vvv

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 18, 2017

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

univbee posted:

That 12th district just connecting what appears to be 3-5 denser black areas (which are probably a few blocks of specific cities). By doing this instead of having these populations voting in different neighboring districts like 5,6,8 and 9, they prevent tipping the scales there. Basically by collectively pooling all the black people into one district they are only giving them that one district instead of many more. Gerrymandering!

MMPR is the only way to go. I keep pushing to make it part of the county platform, but I think people just can't quite wrap their heads around it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT0I-sdoSXU

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 2, 2018

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Zesty posted:

Is this a satire thing? It's Corruption 101.

I can't believe Goons are just now learning about Courtesy Badges/Cards. I had one when my father worked for the BoP, saved me from getting caught in a lot of traps on I-10 from Florida to Texas.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

jeebus bob posted:

You mean it saved you from paying a fine for breaking the law, like everyone else has to.
I can't believe this is a real concept. I mean that there are actual printed cards and even an honest-to-god badge! That's despicable and by the way so are you.
Speed limits are the law. They're a science. They save lives. "Traps" are inspections to ensure that the law is not being broken.

These were not speed traps, these were civil asset forfeiture traps back when they were just starting back in the mid to late 90's. In fact it got so bad that one town I used to get pulled over all the time in was involuntarily disincorporated by the Florida state legislature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

• Locked thread