Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

A Racist Image

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Accretionist posted:

No... context... hurgh... :negative:

Oh all right;

Peanut Butter And Jelly Racist? Portland School Principal Ties Sandwich To White Privilege

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 30, 2015

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

This but unironically.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Unironically agree.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Vahakyla posted:

I still have no idea if this picture is for gun control or against it.

Really? Seems self-evident to me.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

They didn't evacuate the school, like you do when there's a bomb.
They didn't call a bomb squad - like you do when there's a bomb.
They didn't get as far away from him as possible, like you do when there's a bomb.
Then they put him and the clock in an office: not like you do when there's a bomb
Then they waited with him for the police to arrive, and then they put the clock in the same car as the police.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

quote:

She said: "I really believe that meat should be treated in exactly the same way as tobacco

lol

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Uggggghhh. Pirate and Superman bit reveal the troll. Also the idea that any tumblr user actually owns property. Ughhh it's going to be loving obnox when people react to this like it's a real thing.

D C posted:

I checked out that facebook page. I still cant tell if it's real or satire...

Actually dont think it's satire now. Says its done by Dr. Anastasia Jones. Whos a loving womens naturopath in Seattle.

http://www.healthgrades.com/provider/anastasia-jones-2qkn8

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

https://www.thefire.org/mizzou-professor-demands-muscle-to-remove-student-journalists-police-claim-hurtful-speech-can-be-punished/ posted:

The most troubling incident in the recording, starting at the 7:12 mark, occurred when Schierbecker approached Assistant Professor of Communications Melissa Click inside the ring of protesters. He explained that he was a journalist and that he wished to speak with her. She immediately demanded he leave and appeared to grab his camera. (Speaking of things protesters do not have a right to do, that is one of them.)

Schierbecker, acting within his rights, refused to leave. Click alarmingly responded by yelling, “Who wants to help me get this reporter out of here? I need some muscle over here. Help me get him out.” That Click’s demand for protesters to use force on a student journalist is fundamentally illiberal cannot be stated strongly enough. It’s one thing to incorrectly claim that journalists, often the greatest check against violence committed against protesters, cannot be in a public space. It’s another thing entirely for her to believe she has a right to use force to remove them.

As students surrounded him, Schierbecker again reiterated that protesters cannot force him to leave public space. Click mockingly replied, “Yeah that’s a really good one, I’m a communications faculty and I really get that argument but you need to go. You need to go.” She’s right about one thing, at least: Schierbecker’s argument is a really good one. It’s an argument that one might expect a professor of communications to respect. Apparently, members of Mizzou’s School of Journalism agree. The Columbia Missourian reports today that faculty began voting to remove Click from her courtesy appointment in the School of Journalism. She will retain her position in the university’s Department of Communication.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Josef bugman posted:

why does the journalist and professor have an argument about them being there?

Protesters (the teacher in the picture in particular) objected to the press being present. Reporter was in his right to be there and to document proceedings. Only way to get their way was to physically eject the reporters. Clown loving shoes.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

quote:

University of Missouri Student Body President Payton Head issued a chilling warning of a “confirmed” Ku Klux Klan presence on campus Tuesday — only to admit it was not true hours later.

He quickly sparked panic with a Facebook post claiming he was actively working with “the MUPD, the state trooper and the National Guard” on the so-called threat.

An official with the University of Missouri Police Department refuted the claim a short time later, telling TheBlaze there is “no Ku Klux Klan on campus.”

Mizzou hysteria peaked as reports of the KKK storming the campus proved to be bunk. loving lol

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-truth-emerges/

Of course, not before a teacher was forced to resign for not canceling an exam held during the peak of the hoax:

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6971

quote:

One University of Missouri student told Campus Reform that Dr. Brigham, who he called “one of the most beloved professors at Mizzou,” was forced to resign.

“His class was one of the most popular at Mizzou and he was the friendliest teacher I've ever had. It's a shame that he's leaving while Melissa Click stays,” the student continued. The student also told Campus Reform that campus was open and classes were being held, but “false KKK threats” caused a “panic” among students.

School did not accept the resignation, but again loving lol @ this all, loving clown shoes.

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 12, 2015

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Gerund posted:

Nice screenshot of a yet-to-be-sent message there.

It's basically what happened though, so that one image being fake is, at worst, somewhat ironic given the circumstances.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Bedshaped posted:

it's because of this stupid email he sent out:

Truly a good reason to call for his resignation.

Just to be clear, all tumblr-related pictures are obviously from parody accounts, in case anyone was having trouble with that. Here, some anime Hitler, far easier to parse and less muddy in intent

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 12, 2015

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 13, 2015

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I know, right?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

DiggityDoink posted:

Totally unrelated and I'm pretty sure these dudes are the bad guys but I've always loved this picture.

The Unidad Táctica de Resolución de Crisis (UTARC) were disbanded in 2009 by President Evo Morales after their leader allegedly shot at reporters who were filming a botched arrest. Presumably like most special forces units in South America that were involved in the drugs war they were deeply corrupt and a bunch of murderous bastards.

Having said that those ballistic face masks are p cool. Supposedly used to protect during breach-and-clears in tight, favela environs. Can take high caliber shots and such.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

spacetoaster posted:

You're right. The Republicans are extra, EXTRA bad. :colbert:

This, but unironically.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Please don't quote spacetoaster posts, thanks in advance. :)

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Bro Dad posted:

Or you can quote who you want and not put users on ignore like a giant baby

that is fine too, it was just a request, so I think I'll keep spacetoaster on ignore, thanks. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Cerebral Bore posted:

but maybe people should take a step back and think about what's actually being said here.

So what IS being said here, Cerebral Bore? Why the discrepancy wrt space exploration but not all the more frivolous pursuits that yield no-or-less spin-off tech, or cost more?

Elukka posted:

Why are billions being spent on TV programs, movies, ice cream, highways, and a million other pursuits of varying importance that do not directly relate to feeding the poor or taking care of the sick? Why did you spend your money on the computer you posted this from instead of feeding the poor? Is it just that the companies that designed it spent so much money developing more powerful computers?

There is also a common perception that orders of magnitude more money is being spent on spaceflight than actually is spent that contributes to this, because it makes spaceflight look exceptional compared to everything else money is being spent on.

The Jason-3 satellite, which Falcon will launch early next year. It continues a program of sea level measurements important to research on changes in ocean circulation and sea level due to climate change.

https://spinoff.nasa.gov/Spinoff2008/tech_benefits.html

lol whitey I guess

• Locked thread