Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What's this from? Very appropriate for this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

fermun posted:

It is a steep mountain a dwarf planet which has no plate tectonics. A solitary 5km(16,000 foot) mountain without any foothills on a non-geologically active body and there is no crater centered around it so it does not immediately look like a crater's central peak, geologically inert so not an upwelling of magma followed by erosion. There are a couple of possible explanations for its existence but its presence was totally unexpected and weird.

Yeah this. It's up there for the weirdest poo poo we've found in the solar system thus far and makes absolutely no sense at all.

Mine the asteroids, eradicate scarcity.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I thought I'd heard all the various confederate apologist arguments but I'd dearly love to know how the rebellion was 'the first war against terrorism'. The terrorism of non-slavery? Or what?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

But...what if you're white and dress like that.

What if it's a white person who thinks the flag is offensive?

How do you talk to confederate flag retards IRL? If you're white and you think they're pieces of poo poo, I mean.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

klen dool posted:

You didn't like my picture? Clearly, it was merely poor layout - the paper really wasn't referring to the pictured woman as a toxic slag. Or my response? I am not being "edgy" for not respecting the church, its an honest-to-goodness for reals opinion - I am not trying to be cool. I was born this way.

Long before 'gently caress the police' there was 'gently caress the papists'

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

Okay, I'm not American and even I know how the Democrats and Republicans swapped and so this thing says the exact opposite of what this idiot thinks it does.

And in today's Face of Evil, I present Australian Agriculture Minister, Barnaby Joyce.

Ok from now on I'll just refer to you guys as little america.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ohio looks like a marginally more miserable hellhole than the rest of the US (florida and louisiana excepted).

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

But you never used to be so bad at it. It used to be that when you razed someone's poo poo you made a massive effort to build it up again and everything turned out fine.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

You know how chris rock won't do that one bit about certain black people because racists latched onto it as a serious point? Well maybe we shouldn't make parodies of millenials because boomers will take this seriously. #MillenialLivesMatter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srrw_UnlRII

I work with one millenial (the only one I've ever worked with) and he fits everything being parodied in that video to the tee. He is unteachable at the most basic of tasks, stupid, inattentive, incapable of showing up on time and sees nothing wrong with being utterly useless at everything. Like, he is quite literally unaware of why it's Not Good to be a useless lazy idiot at everything. He isn't intellectually impaired in any way that I can discern and is perfectly capable of discussing complex concepts, which leads me to believe that he's just a lazy useless gently caress by inclination. FWIW I'm in my late 20's.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Grace Jones was a sexy bitch back in the day.

Isn't the military haircut thing dictated by having to wear a helmet, which is itself dictated by the demands of going places where people shoot at you?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

mlmp08 posted:

I know, but that has nothing to do with what I brought up, and lol, how would you think that's news to me when I linked an image of that strike?

Is that a T34/85 at the top of the row of tanks :psyduck:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The US appears to be a deliberate experiment to see what happens if you put everyone at the wrong end of the bell curve in charge of everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FADzuOIW-Tg

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Hmm yes an 11 year old makes headlines because dumb fucks think electronics + moozlem name = terrorist threat but the important thing here is how poo poo he is at doing electronics, look at that pussy with his premade PCB's, fuckin 11yo scrub. In fact I'm going to make a diagram to demonstrate how little this 11 year old knows about building home made electronics so the internet knows how lovely he is at making electronics which is far more important than the inherent horror of a society that treats 11 year olds like terror suspects. Kid should go get an engineering degree or some poo poo so he stops embarrassing himself with that subpar storebought off-the-shelf 9V connector garbage.

A BOMB

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Reminds me vaguely of this

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Well clearly if the king of the jews says he got pushed into it by muzzies then surely he wasn't such a bad guy. I mean think about it. It isn't like a social structure run by a psychopathic dysfunctional bureaucracy with utter madmen at the top would do something terrible without some raghead nagging them about it first.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Where is the lie?

The other girl is an F22 so it's a gay black kettle pot situation.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Same.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

As a not-American I find the gun control 'debate' absolutely baffling and I have two questions for the pro gun crowd.

1. Are you aware how bizarre and strange your outlook is to everyone from other western countries?

2. What are the arguments 'pro' guns? Like I understand you want to avoid regulating them because of *reasons* but what are the 'pros' in your mind? Like what benefit to society/people/the nation is there if there are no/reduced restrictions on gun ownership and purchase, besides hobbyists being able to pew-pew at stuff? In the sense that education makes people smarter, health care makes people live longer and be more productive/happier etc, what do guns do that betters society?

Genuine questions.

Obligatory GIS image:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

Those are nice views that are far more restrictive then even the most gun-banniest american politician. They are extremely anti-gun by any American political metric.

Then quite frankly you guys are hosed.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

Urge to own wehraboos in internet pixel tanks, rising...

:ussr:

Best nazi tank:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Tankchat is a worthy derail now stop positing images of designs that make sense lets get weird

OK

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Thump! posted:

Oh yes, let's begin a lengthy discussion on Tank Destroyer Doctrine :suicide:

Tank destroyer chat beats gun control chat hands-down so lets.

What the germans should've spammed.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rand alPaul posted:

Counterrevolutionary opinion detected, please report to Stalingrad for reeducation immediately.

That is a fantastic photo I must say.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

College students calling trump a buffoon can't even spell buffoon.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

This is one of the few people I've seen who genuinely look like that old trope about being a reptile wearing human skin. He quite literally looks like some non-human entity wearing a man costume, looking at his face is disturbing for some reason. I'd feel this way even if I had no idea who he was.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Worth mentioning the part where the whole selection process was incredibly corrupt and just a vanity project for our dickhead PM. He literally stated what his favourite design was and that flag made it into the final four...twice. One in blue and one in black.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

18 Character Limit posted:

Exclusive: Most Americans support torture against terror suspects - poll
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-torture-exclusive-idUSKCN0WW0Y3

So most americans are idiots. Sounds legit.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

citybeatnik posted:

In the latest Hardcore History episode, Dan Carlin talks about how most bayonet charges ended with the other side going "LOPNOPE" and retreating before it actually hit because while you can train out a soldier's fear of being shot from a distance it is really loving hard for the monkey brains we have to work with to get over the fact that some other monkey is going to try to shank us with a metal pointy thing. Which is fine, because the typical reaction by the side actually DOING the charging is that once they get in close they go from trying to poke people with the sharp bit to clubbing them over the head with the butt of the rifle. Because, again, we don't like causing that kind of injury to one another.

The thing I've never really understood about this explanation is that before guns there were huge formations of dudes with spears or swords just lopping limbs off and perforating organs left right and center and if they were so squeamish about stabbing history would look a lot different. Or is it that musket soldiers were trained primarily to shoot while warriors of yesteryear were trained primarily for stabbing?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

They're just using the iron fist of government to prove once and for all how friendly and not-fascist they are its pretty simple.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I wish I could get a lens like that for the same price you can pick up an RPG-7.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

They're eating their own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmpCF55IaMA

e: I must insist you watch the last two minutes

That trailer is absolutely amazing.

"The average american family only has enough food for three days!" So like two weeks by everyone else's standards right?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I dunno. Like if you had a tap in a video game labelled BLACKS AND WHITES BOTH ALLOWED as opposed to just WATER you would say gently caress this noise. Why not just put a picture of a toilet bowl or something on it. Seems pretty pandery to me?

Isn't the way to equality to just...treat everyone the same? Or do you have to trumpet how totes progressive and accepting you are in everything you do all the time?

TBH it seems like so many social injustices could be solved by people not giving a poo poo as much about trivial bullshit. When we're all spiralling toward a dystopian future where corporations own our organs and poo poo it hardly seems to matter what kind of dangly bits you have. Most 'social justice' causes, whilst totally valid, also seem like they're jumped on by big companies and their friends to smokescreen the enormous and constant exploitation of the environment and poor nations to the detriment of our entire species.

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 7, 2016

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sair posted:

How would you start treating everyone the same?

If I were an unflinching all-powerful dictator unmoved by the plight of the masses and heedless of anyone's advice but my own brutal ways, I would have unisex toilets marked, I dunno, loving T the way parking is marked as P. Or have a picture of a toilet - cause that's what's in that room, the way lightning means electricity or what have you. Handicapped toilets are already unisex so it's effectively a matter of space and funding to do the same for every bathroom. Generous stalls for everyone with mirrors/sink within for malls etc. Local law enforcement and public service directed at maintaining a high standard (I control the economy and public spending btw thanks) of facility the way it usually is with retail operations.

There will be minor social upheaval and general sweaty nervous discomfort for millions of people for a few years until everyone gets over it.

BEHOLD THE HORROR:

Bonus: blind people friendly!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Who would want to watch a TV show about the laziest Batman? But really, a rich dude turning an entire precinct into his personal fiefdom to test out what he thinks makes for the best police work is a concept rife for satire (Why don't we run police like we would a business?), too bad the show isn't going in that direction.

It's a hysterically optimistic glimpse into your future, american wageslave.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

Has the US Air force ever used Harriers?

The Marines have.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

Some voter ID laws got addressed recently

Hahaha holy gently caress. You guys are screwed.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Out of all the reality show stars, Tila Tequila is the one that should be studied by scholars, because she was turned from a harmless moron into a literal, outspoken Nazi by a drug induced brain aneurysm. It's actually quite tragic. There is some pithy quote waiting to be made about that, I'm sure.

Her wiki page says 'She is an avowed fascist and white supremacist.'

I don't understand how that can be.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Two probies for one, nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

While Clinton in 2016 did get slightly fewer votes than Obama in 2012, Trump in 2016 got way more votes than Romney in 2012. But Clinton still got more votes than Trump and lost anyway because your votes don't actually count.

As a foreigner this is pretty much what I got out of it: most americans are raging dumb cunts but it makes no real difference either way because the elections are decided by money, media pressure and the electoral college in that order and votes don't really matter worth a drat.

• Locked thread