Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

AngryBooch posted:

The Arkham Knight is Bruce Wayne's fractured psyche after being exposed to fear gas prior to the events of the game, nobody but Batman will actually see or interact with Arkham Knight and this will be the big reveal like 90% of the way through the game. A split personality of Bruce Wayne's is firing up the drone factory and hiring merc squads.

Anyway, this'll be proven wrong when Two Face or somebody talks to the Arkham Knight in the first 10 minutes of the game.

My first thought was that it would be something like this, I hope it isn't actually this lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

Game Informer seems to indicate that new Azrael is one of the combat buddies which really owns.

Hell yeah, I hope he is playable on challenge maps too.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

turnways posted:

I'm not gonna get the pre-order stuff from putting in my Nvidia key, am I? For once I actually kind of want that Batman Beyond skin.

I might be wrong but I think you get the Beyond skin just for having it on steam. Harley Quinn was the preorder bonus, and she'll show up in the season pass eventually if you aren't too worried about having that right away.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Adam Bowen posted:

Does overpowered matter in a game where the combat consists of mashing one button over and over again and occasionally pressing one other button?

If you're playing on hard you will have a bad time just striking and countering. Its pretty much required to use gadgets and special takedowns. I'm really liking the refinements to the combat. My only complaint is there don't seem to be any challenge maps like the older games that let me use all the characters. Maybe I'll unlock some as I progress.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've almost gotten 100% on the story mode, this game is great on ps4 and it's been a treat playing it on my 51 inch tv with my gold headset. But I need more challenge maps or this will not have much replayability for me. 4 combat challenges is not nearly enough, and the gimmicks some of them have are lame. I did get a 230+ combo with azrael though, that was pretty satisfying.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

10 minutes is generous. Red Hood was so fun to play as to be limited to more like 5 minutes.

Also, a record should be set straight. You can see the "true" ending without getting all the Riddler stuff. It just measures how many Most Wanted missions you've completed. I was prompted to do it before I'd taken down Riddler. So as long as you do everything else, you aren't obligated to do Riddler. Enough with the hate on Rocksteady for the misconception that they gated an ending behind Riddler.

That's still not the "full" ending, supposedly there is more to it but I'm trying to avoid spoiling myself on it. I activated knightfall protocol with everything but riddler done and I got the cutscene and credits, but it dropped me back into the map after and said to bring in riddler to activate the full knightfall protocol. I plan on clearing out the riddler stuff this weekend.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

What. Okay, so what was in your cutscene? Put it in spoilers. Cause all I got was a cutscene and credits too. And a picture of the guys who worked on it saying "Thanks."

MASSIVE END GAME SPOILER HERE

Bruce flies the batwing to the mansion which is surrounded by press, he enters the mansion and it explodes. That's about it, it cut to credits after that. I'm assuming he was faking his death and the full cut scene expands on what happens after that.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

Oh wow. That's kinda pointless.

It's like I'm playing NG+, but I don't really have any reason to. I just like this game so much and don't feel like I've gotten a fill yet. When does the monthly DLC start? Also, something that's been bugging me: One of the cops in GCPD is highlighted green like he's a Riddler informant. Is that a clever Easter egg to remind you there are dirty cops or can I do something with that?

There's no prompt, just hit the counter button standing next to him and you'll interrogate him.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

It has now been 4.5 days of Batmanning on PS4 and the Leaderboards/online have not worked once.
"a connection to Playstation Network cannot be Established. Gameplay will continue without Leaderboard access until a connection is made."

Lame.

I hope this gets fixed soon, I want to see where I rank on these challenge maps. I got something like 20 rival points on the azrael challenge map.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So, I've gotten 100% on the story and I've unlocked everything but what looks like a batsuit skin in the showcase. Is it locked behind NG+ or an AR Challenge completion or something?

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Chasiubao posted:

Is it lovely Anime Batman you get for signing up with a WB account?

No, I picked that up thinking that might be it and it just added a slot to the menu. God that thing is loving ugly though.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

GreatGreen posted:

Please don't spoil this for me but:

Everybody talking about the two endings, can you rush through the main quest for the "incomplete" ending, then do everything else after that and get the "complete" ending later?

Yes, you just get an incomplete ending if you bring in everyone but Riddler, after the credits it will drop you back into the map to finish up.. Collection everything is tedious but the lass boss fight with Riddler is pretty fun and he has some good dialogue as you solve the last ten of his riddles and he realizes how close you are to kicking his rear end.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Aquasnake posted:

Controls Chat time, I was slightly incorrect earlier in the thread when I said a hanging ledge drop was Shift+Middle Click, Turns out it is just middle click. Nightwing's Ranged Projectile quickfire for dealing with charging thugs is mapped to 7,7 for some reason. Also after using a controller for a short bit last night, it would seem that drifting doesn't kick in right away when you just tap X/Square, Pursuit/Battle Mode feel almost completely different because you are switching between using the Trigger as your Go forward for Pursuit, and the Analog Stick for Go forward for Battle Mode, whereas on KB+M, W is always go forward which makes for slightly less jarring transitions between the two. Also the Special Combo Gadget takedowns are a little easier/not as bad on a controller, because you are just holding the buttons for quickfiring your gadgets, so to do the Batclaw Combo Takedown you fire the quickfire batclaw which grabs someone, and continue holding, and it transitions nicely into the instant takedown. On KB+M you hold down the gadget button, which does not quickfire the gadget and you stand stock still for 3 seconds hoping to not get punched in the face, and if you don't get punched, the takedown happens. I have tried double tapping and holding the second tap so that it goes from quickfire to takedown like with a controller, but it does not work, and only quickfires the gadget.

tl;dr: I sperg about batman mechanics.

I don't know how anyone plays this game without a controller. Even on the PC versions I played before this I used an xbox controller.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

dscruffy1 posted:

Is it just me or is the game harder? I got wrecked a few times by brutes, probably intentional. Everything seems to move faster too but this could be because I've spent almost the last year playing a poo poo ton of the last three games so I've gotten used to their timing.

It's definitely harder, I had gotten to the point playing on hard in Arkham City I was barely even touched in combat. A lot of the combat encounters in Knight wipe the floor with me. I think I'm going to hold off on starting New Game + until there are more challenge maps so I can refine my skills and timing.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Citrus posted:

It feels like the thugs attacks much more frequently than city, and it feels like the critical counter is super important as it's free crowd control

The throws are an awesome addition to combat, and I don't really miss the batswarm. I also appreciate that the other characters had special combos tied to every button combo, it really helped the flow of combat in dual play for me. We really need more dual play challenge maps, and at least one dual predator challenge. That segment with robin is probably my favorite one in the game.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was really surprised there wasn't a map with catwoman and the riddler bots, I really liked that it force you to switch between characters a lot. And if you enjoyed that section, you should definitely take the time to finish up the riddler stuff at some point because I thought his boss fight was fantastic.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Aquasnake posted:

Do breakables matter? They don't seem to change the riddle number.

They do, but they work like the did in city. You complete a challenge for every five you break in a certain area for a total of 15 in every building/island.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Have any video/pics leaked of the Alex Ross and Jim Lee suits? I'd love to see those.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kin posted:

Subway huh, i'll go check that.

Yeah this threw me for a loop too, they are in the subway. There are several breakables and some very easy to get riddler trophies but they are hidden in some weird places.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

I don't recall Azrael being in that select screen before, maybe that means he'll be playable in some solo capacity

I think any character without the yellow arrow is a PC Mod, but maybe Rocksteady will open that up through DLC. I hope they do.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kin posted:

Oh yeah, how the hell do i get that riddle in the old cinema where you have to scan a cell. Something about father figure and i assumed it's something to do with Robin in the cell, but i just keep getting subject obscured.

If Robin is in the cell, keep playing the story. I don't think you can get it until a certain thing happens in the plot, but you are on the right track that it is somewhere around that cell

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Nameless Pete posted:

Unless I've read the puzzle wrong, multi batarangs, which no sensible person would otherwise waste the points on. I've still got some other trophies that I haven't found yet, so I should be able to just squeak it out, but it seems entirely possible to break the questline.

I got all the trophies and never got multi batarangs. Which trophy is it?

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Multi-batarangs might make things easier with some trophies, but you definitely do not need them. I thought you needed a 5x fear takedown to take out the 5 riddler bots in the movie studio, but the other day I saw a video of a guy doing it with just the 3x takedown and being really fast. They did a pretty good job of giving you multiple ways to deal with some of the riddler trophies. You definitely need to have all your gadgets but I don't think any one gadget upgrade is actually required for anything except a couple of the AR challenges.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

OnimaruXLR posted:

I can't figure out these stupid sonar-activated follow-the-path-Riddler trophies for some reason. They always seem to lead up to a point where I either have to get out of the car or go the long way around in the car or make a jump in the car and then at the other side, there's no trace of the drat path or the drat trophy!

You can use a custom way point on the map during these challenges, and it helps a lot. Especially the one in founders island that goes through the manhole.

acksplode posted:

I think we're talking about different puzzles. The one I remember was very simple: three question mark switches in a row, and you had to activate all three simultaneously to get the trophy. I definitely sat there for a minute, trying to hit 2 and quickly follow up with the last, but as soon as you hit one switch, the rest would deactivate. They need to be triggered at the exact same moment.

I'm almost positive you can just do the rapid fire batarangs for this one.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
^nah, it's better than City but it's still a massive pain in the rear end. At least the final riddler confrontation was rewarding, imo.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Do you not get XP for riddler trophies? Cuz that's some bullshit.

I can understand not handing me XP for punching random dudes, but the riddler trophies is literally the largest sidequest in the game.

You definitely do, it just doesn't show up for some reason. I got a few upgrade points as I was collecting them post game.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I thought the ps4 patch was to fix the leaderboards. Mine are still not working. :( I spent a lot of time playing the combat maps today anyway, I added a lot to every score but Azrael. I'm having trouble topping that 230x combo I managed to rack up on my second attempt.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

This happened to me once on PS4 after having to reload a few times with particularly tough checkpoint. Luckily, I was able to grapple out of it and didn't have to restore a save.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kin posted:

So what was the 100% riddler ending? It lingered really long on the staff photo after the credits that i thought i had to press a to continue and i think i might have skipped it.

It was everything before the credits. It appears there was a bug that let some users see the full ending without getting 100% completion so that might be why you didn't see anything different. In the not 100% ending the cutscene ends after wayne mansion blows up.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

VolticSurge posted:

I've been making really good progress on the Riddler,only one thing left on Bleake Island. Thing is,it's this weird-rear end trophy in this underground area with 3 "?" targets protected by a force field,with a Batmobile power-up winch next to it.

I thought I could just EMP the force field and get up there with a remote Batarang,but that only hits one target and using the EMP again resets it. Any advice from Goons who have done it?

Do the EMP, then eject from that car and do the line launcher perch so that you stay above it.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mogomra posted:

I was really loving proud of myself for figuring this one out. The spinny thing in the TV studio is baffling me though.

If you mean the slot machine you just need to match up the symbols. It's a bit tricky getting the timing right. I got it on my first try, I think matching black diamonds. I don't know if you can just match any symbols or if it has to be a certain set.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mogomra posted:

No, the big spinning thing in the backstage area. I solved the one you're talking about (due to my terrible description) by matching hearts. I don't even think they were the same color.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering that one right but if it's what I'm thinking it is you just have to keep hitting it with the rec gun until it blows up.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

You've gotta shoot it in the order B -> C -> A. That's how I solved it. I don't get how I did it or what it means, but that's what you do. You have to hit the thing when the spinner passes over the letters. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Ohhh, if it's this one you have to spell out "bat". It's really convoluted because you have to use the batarang to keep switching directions. And you have to stop the spinner while the arrow is over a letter for it to register, and if it goes over that reset it will wipe out your progress.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

man I don't know how I found the first 3 instances of Azrael or the serial killer bodies but now it just seems impossible. Gonna have to FAQ that poo poo for the final instances because it's just really difficult to spot flames along the vast lights of the city, or hear any scant opera around.

the director of the game retweeted something about the petition to include more challenge maps so that's something. might just be DLC in the end who knows.

azrael's last location is on top of the lady of gotham, easiest one to find.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Considering the easter egg if you hang around and don't cook Joker in the opening I was sure there'd be something neat if you refused to press the Kill Joker button. But I guess not :(

What's this easter egg?

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Oh, my mistake. Is there anything else like that in NG+?

That was the only thing I noticed, I liked it a lot though. A small change that makes a big difference.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ayn rand hand job posted:

this was pre-Crisis Jason "I watched my acrobat parents get murdered" Todd, not post-Crisis Jason "I'm stealing the wheels off the Batmobile" Todd.

Pre-crisis Jason Todd has the same origin as Dick Grayson? Or does pre-crisis Dick Grayson have a different story? DC continuity is so weird. I was always a Marvel fan, most of my exposure to DC is through the animated shows when I was a kid.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Pre-Crisis Jason Todd was basically Dick Grayson's Thin Veiled Knockoff.

What do people in gotham have against acrobats? Geez

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ayn rand hand job posted:

Marvel on the other hand has some pretty convoluted continuity, since they don't do hard resets in the 616 universe, and aside from the occasional soft reboot a character, continuity sticks. Like how Jubilee is a vampire or Doc Ock is Spiderman.

They's why marvel has always been ab it easier for me, but that also probably comes from growing up reading every marvel book I could. DC's resets always confused me. The only DC books I've really read have been self contained elseworlds stories and the big batman stuff (Year One, The Long Halloween, Dark Knight Returns, etc) I guess Marvel is finally doing their big continuity reboot by merging the mainline and ultimate universes. Following comics is such a chore.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

JFC posted:

I still have one costume I am unable to use. On the costume showcase it is after Anime Batman and before Robin. How do I unlock this one?

I still have this and I have a 200% complete save file. The only thing I haven't done yet is 3 stars on all AR Challenges. I suspect it's tied to an Easter egg at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

redbackground posted:

Here's what I believe is a master list so far, so one of these. Wish I could be of more help.

I really don't think it's any DLC, they just add another slot to the menu. It must be something in-game. I thought it might have been Anime Batman because I thought it was ugly and didn't want it, but the empty slot drove me crazy. So I linked my wb account and got the dlc and sure enough that slot is still there.

• Locked thread