Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

1stGear posted:

I suppose its a testament to the awfulness of comic book/video game writing that even after Rocksteady makes a trailer that specifically shows the Joker being cremated, I still don't believe he's not going to turn out to be the secret villain.

Yeah, a big plot point of the last two games was that the Joker was either impersonating someone else or someone else was impersonating the Joker, so showing a body being cremated basically means nothing at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
The six month's worth of content being promised also times nicely with the Steam Christmas sale.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm not that far in so there might be some I haven't found yet but this seems to be the case. Looks like they took out my favorite part of the Arkham franchise and either forgot about it or they're going to package it as DLC in the season pass.

thanks rocksteady

Weren't the challenge maps and extra characters all DLC in the last Rocksteady game too?

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Harlock posted:

Seeing him on the video screens looks completely different than when they show him in cutscenes. To me, at least.

I agree, Riddler with glasses looks like a different person to the Riddler with goggles.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

This game just gave me a full on Blue Screen Of Death. Haven't seen that happen in over a year probably.

It bluescreened me the last two times I played it, which is especially weird as I'm at 80% completion and had no problems until now. Waiting for the next patch before I try it again.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

There's a 99% chance it is Tim Drake considering they're dating in the main game.

Why would that affect which Robin is in the DLC?

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Because they can use this chance to develop their relationship which otherwise was mostly offscreen?

They didn't give any indication of being interested in doing that in the main game. Personally I think it'd be more interesting if they explore her relationship with Jason given that he goes on to betray and kidnap her.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

The fact that the APCs were as fast as the Batmobile was silly. They should've made them slower but with some kind of take-down gimmick.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Aquasnake posted:

Are you talking about the skills to completely invalidate stun sticks. And blow up drones that shoot at you? Two incredibly nice quality of life skills?

Nah, the disruptor stun stick and drone disable skills are pretty useless. The Rec gun and disarm and destroy are both better for stun stickers and it's usually trivial to sneak up behind the dozen or so drone operators in the game.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

CJacobs posted:

And at least one I can't remember off the top of my head. Half of that list just feels so unnecessary and cluttered.

The minigunners? Plus the electrified mooks.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

I'm amazed at how little I've seen it plastered all over the internet. It's the main plot of the drat game! Scarecrow is basically just there to set it in motion and the Knight is there to add some conflict and background to the whole thing.

The only reason the Arkham Knight is in the game is so they could continue using the Arkham brand.

Crashbee fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 8, 2015

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

lol if you think they're going to leave that huge pile of tech sitting on the table.

They specifically say it was just a car prior to the events of Knight, so I don't see what they could do with it if they did make Origins 2.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

After listening to the arkham knight's audio tapes I kinda hope he's the Robin in the batgirl dlc, purely because of the definite emotional attachment there. I think there was more a believable connection in those tapes than there was between Barbara and Tim all game.

I agree, which unfortunately is why it's probably going to be the first Robin/Nightwing. He's the one who's spent the least time with Barbara in the series so far and so is a clean slate for them to work with.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Arkham Riddler is funny, but man does he seriously need some help. :smith:

The Riddler cop claims to have started helping him because he was so pathetic and had stopped looking after himself.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

UnsuitableWasp posted:

And Joker... he just doesn't look like a real person- his features and his body are just too exaggerated I think- too thin and sharp. In Origins I think they tried to at least give him a more realistic frame (and added buckteeth wtf), but here they just took the Asylum model and softened his features a bit.

Isn't the point that this Joker isn't a real person though? If anything he *should* look a little inhuman.

Crashbee fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jul 10, 2015

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Well there's Chibatman
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-29006188

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

With the caveat that Knight contains a few minor references to Origins, so you might want to play that first.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Bear in mind Hush has been hanging out in the Wayne Tower parking lot all evening, I guess there's no radio reception down there.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Actually it sucks.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Literally Kermit posted:

40 bucks for a season pass? Jesus. Why aren't you people rioting?

I am in the market for a new graphics card (I have a 550ti, and while it runs both Shadows of Mordor and Witcher 3 on lower settings without looking like rear end, it's time for an upgrade). the nvidia gtx 960 looks like it's good for my budget and a hell of a boost!

... And it looks like it comes with a copy of AK oh no oh noooooo :gonk:

Guess they didn't yank all copies?

Hey, I upgraded from a 550ti to a 970. Don't expect to see much difference if you're still playing Shadows of Mordor, it's pretty well optimised and low and ultra settings look almost identical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB7YHuxkXjM

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

I'm replaying Origins after 100%ing Knight and enjoying it a lot more this time. Shame about the upgrade system but it's got way more memorable moments than Knight.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

There were plenty of things they could've done with the car that would've been more interesting than the uninspired repetitive tank fights. Where's my fistfight with the Arkham Knight on top of the Batmobile while it careens around the city on autopilot?

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Plus in melee you have the options to dodge, counter or disarm and destroy if you're about to be hit.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

They'd make a lot more money if they sold something actually worth buying. Cold Cold Heart shows good Batman DLC is possible, why can't they make something on that scale again?

Crashbee fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 28, 2015

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Irradiation posted:

The Deathstroke fight is just tedious on NG+ in Origins.

More tedious than going through it the first time round?

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

NatasDog posted:

Yeah, I got this for free with a new video card and I've been playing it off and on with no real issues. There was some lag/stuttering when I left it up and running for the better part of two days before I got back to it, but restarting the game cleared it. The thing that really blew my mind was the texture settings only having a low and normal setting, with normal requiring a 3 gig or better video card.

I mean, good on WB for pulling it ahead of mass refunds, but compared to a lot of the other poo poo shows that have hit steam over the years, this one's pretty decent.

Counterpoint: I also got this for free with a new video card, and it's blue-screened my PC multiple times. The last time I played it crashed within five minutes. I'm not touching it again till it's fully patched.

Crashbee fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 10, 2015

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

The problem with the Batmobile is that instead of coming up with a major threat that only it could defeat and working from there, they clearly made the decision to put the Batmobile in first and afterwards struggled to find any actual use for it. It just reflects the severe lack of imagination the whole game suffers from.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Lamquin posted:

I'm new to the Batman series, so I have to ask. I just got to the introduction of the Riddler, and the first thing I see on the mission select screen is "0 / 243 riddles solved". To save the damsel in distress, do I have to complete all the riddles? I'm feeling massively overwhelmed by that number.

Note that that number is slightly misleading - including the destructible objects there's actually more like 300 riddles (if smashing things counts as a 'riddle', come on Eddie you used to make fun of Batman for breaking stuff). A good chunk of them can be obtained just by exploring the city though.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

It's good but it's also over in about 90 seconds. Not a great return given how many hours it takes to hunt down all the trophies.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

redbackground posted:

I said it before and I'm-a sticking with it, the greatest sin of Tank-combat is the lack of the...personal touch. Dynamic goon dialogue, their getting more scared as time goes on, the ability to just slowly gently caress with them or go at them like a maniac...all of that is gone. It's just a silent aim-shoot-aim-shoot gauntlet that just finally ends and then either Jason or Deathstroke lobs a dumb taunt at you.

Yeah, they've had two or three games to sort the hand-to-hand stuff out so that's pretty polished at this point, but all the Batmobile stuff is just completely unrefined.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Xeremides posted:

Even if AK had 1/3 the tank battles that it currently does, I think it'd still only take 3rd place for me, with Origins taking the top spot and City at 2.

Agreed, Origins is the only one you can play as Red Son Batman and so is clearly the best Batman game.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

What was wrong with the shock gloves? I always found using them to bash in shield guys to be satisfying, and activating them is entirely optional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

ayn rand hand job posted:

Luthorman, a completely new and original character, has covered Metropolis in a kryptonite fog and the only way Superman can find out his identity is by driving a tank around.

• Locked thread