Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rirse posted:

Should I bother to finish Arkham Origin before this comes out? I still debating if I want to get this right away, but I never finished Origins which I was given for free on the PS3 with the season pass. Last time I played was after beating Deathstroke.

Plotwise no, but Origins is pretty good.

vvv Origins was buggy at launch but I don't think it the port was the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The plot of it isn't relevant though, regardless of if it's canon.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You'll fight through his army, beat all his supervillain allies, and take down Arkham Knight in an epic multi-stage battle. Then he is dramatically unmasked and it's...a completely new character who is unimportant.

Basically this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPefOfu2TIU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any news on how the game performs on PS4 yet?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any leaks mention the new gadgets?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ville Valo posted:

Just finished the main storyline. The way they handled Joker stuff was really sweet. Arkham Knight stuff was pretty poorly written (cribbed), but it was just a supporting thread anyway.

The character the game is named after was just a supporting thread?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BoredDG posted:

That's basically how Hugo Strange was. He set up the whole plot, but was still a side character.

What do you even consider a main character if someone who sets up the whole plot isn't?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
According to the Game Informer review you need 100% to unlock the "real" ending.

"[http://www.gameinformer.com/games/batman_arkham_knight/b/playstation4/archive/2015/06/19/batman-arkham-knight-review-game-informer.aspx posted:

Rocksteady makes a strong push for players to see all of it, so much so that it hurts the end-game experience. Once the final story mission is complete, some semblance of closure is delivered, but specific plot points are left dangling, and the credits don’t roll like you expect them to. The player is then asked to clean up some of the side content to initiate another story sequence that brings a new ending and, at long last, the credits. Getting this ending requires a fair amount of time be spent tracking down villains and cleaning up side activities, like rescuing all of the firefighters or taking down Arkham Knight’s outposts (both of which are welcome endeavors). But that isn’t it. To see the real, real ending, you need to complete all of the side content, including every Riddler challenge – which, if you’ve done this in previous games, is a serious time commitment. Most people will probably retreat to YouTube to view the final act.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Aquasnake posted:

Hey does anyone know how common it is for gamestop to let you pick up a preorder the day before, like I know someone earlier in the thread said they could pick it up at 9pm. I have no idea what the line is going to be like at my gamestop, I showed up to the Origins release at like 12:05 and they were closing their doors because they were already done. I figure Arkham Knight will be a bit bigger than that, but I have no sense of scale. And if I could just pick it up during the day, well then so much the better.

Unless you know someone there I really doubt it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do you guys have any tips for driving the Batmobile? It feels like I'm driving on ice all the time, even when using the drift.

Also are there Riddler challenges in this game? Like the "Perform X takedowns" kinda thing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Knightsoul posted:

here's the best review for this.....ehm...... "game": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOUOzL04Byg .
The fun starts at 03:44 . :drac:

Nananananana hard crash!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Finished the game today(except for like ~80 riddles, I just looked up the ending of the Riddler quest and the true ending on Youtube). Probably my least favourite Batman game so far but still pretty good.

Not sure what to think about the true ending though. Is there residual fear toxin in Gotham that Batman is taking advantage of? Is he using the real deal? Isn't it kinda extremely dangerous and could easily end up killing people? How is everyone in Gotham gullible enough to not think that Batman could fake his death?

Also I really love Catwoman's voice actor and would totally play a game based around her.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fulchrum posted:

Am i the only person that figured that's Jason, using leftover fear toxin, 3 billion dollars, the established Arkham Knight identity and his lack of a life to carry on the Batman identity?

I thought he was doing his Red Hood thing now. I don't think Batman would allow Jason to protect Gotham as a killing vigilante either.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Aquasnake posted:

Do you not manually control the camera? Isn't that kind of the reason the right stick is there?

With what? Your 3rd thumb?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So what's up with the green cop in the GCPD?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

HERAK posted:

Walk up to him and press the button you would to interrogate him.

Holy poo poo. Not sure why I never thought to try this. It does beg the question of how Batman knows someone is working for Riddler just by looking at them though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So what's the consensus on the Batgirl dlc? Worth buying?

• Locked thread