Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Just beat the game. Have avoided this thread because I was worried about spoilers. drat that was good. Went in expecting to hate the Batmobile but came out pleasantly surprised. Still hate the tank battles though. I admit the AK's identity was a complete surprise to me because I thought I'd read somewhere that it wasn't who it was, so yeah :downs:

Question: Is there any way to pick the white / gold prototype Batmobile you get after the AK's drill thingie eats up the original? The Batmobile went back to the original black after I switched Batsuit skins and there's no way to get the other one back :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

You did. They actively lied to people about who it was.

Well at least I'm not crazy then :unsmith:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Is it lovely Anime Batman you get for signing up with a WB account?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

acksplode posted:

If you're like me, that slowdown was always happening and you're only noticing it now because it finally matters. This fight is all about being able to make a safe getaway after taking a shot. Take out a side, speed down a long stretch to gain distance, and then go tank mode and start zigzagging through a more mazelike part of the city until the Arkham Knight loses track of you. Do that 4 times without taking much damage and you should have enough health to take on the last stage of the fight.

Any time I went straight the tank was always right on my rear end, so I could never avoid him that way :( I ended up cheesing the fight by jumping into the canals because the tank takes a long time to get down there, and you can burn off a bunch of the meter.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

How the hell do I get the Riddler trophy at Osamu Tower on Bleaker island?

There's some numbers at the top, but I can't figure out what to do. The elevators at the bottom don't work.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Skeezy posted:

If I'm thinking of the right one those are map coordinates.

Did not seem to work but I am tired and will try again tomorrow. Thanks :)

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

They should be map coordinates that lead you to a winch point you charge up, and then have to race back across the city under the time limit to get the trophy. The winch thing isn't usually at those coords exactly, but should be viewable from them.

Ohhh okay I was wondering what I was missing. I did see the winch point. gently caress I hate time trials.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Does anyone else think Nightwing looks stupid with the headsock thing as opposed to the domino mask?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

It's pretty amazing either way. I'm gonna guess it was the guy who wrote gamedevfanfiction.txt

EDIT: not the text part.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

On a new save and I can't remember where you get the upgrade to control Riddlerbots :( It's quest based, right?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

After doing the movie studio section, I think, there should be a bot hanging around that area on a rooftop.

Thanks!

And I just YouTubed the scene after you beat Riddler and now I'm sad. Poor Selina :smith:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I really want to play the previous 3 games now, but as an HD remake.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

The previous games are already in HD. :)

CJacobs posted:

Yeah, Asylum has only just started to show its age graphically. Arkham City probably won't start to look genuinely aged for a very long time.

On PC, I'd agree. On console, it just looks muddy, compared to Arkham Knight.

Also because I prefer the Bonetroller over the 360 controller (I'm a monster :smith: )

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

...doesn't it drag your camera in the direction of the hole that's opening? :v:

Pretty sure it also leaves you on a gargoyle that has direct LOS to the opening if you take the goons out before the Knight.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

"He's going to kill us like he killed the Joker!"
"He's going to withhold our medication?! :ohdear:"

The writers need a raise, goddamn, haha.

Holy poo poo I missed this :smith:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

OK so I'm heading to bed and will finish the DLC tomorrow morning but so far it doesn't seem that bad. While it's probably not huge (I think I'm about halfway through after a couple of hours or so) there's a decent variety of combat and predator encounters. The "hacking" gimmick Batgirl has was way overstated, mostly amounting to remote takedowns and distractions and so on, but she feels different from Batman - quicker and much more nimble but she also requires special abilities and gadgets to put enemies down with any real speed.

Dialogue between her and Robin is fun if a bit cliche. Goon dialogue is amazing though and you have to let them talk uninterrupted, especially in a certain predator room where a hostage is strung up. :allears:

As a minor aside the problems Arkham City had with Catwoman aren't there. I haven't heard any goon taunts refer to Batgirl as a bitch (I haven't died though...) and the only vaguely sexual thing I can recall is a couple of them mockingly talking about how they won't bite unless she asks them to, an attitude that's quickly replaced with pants making GBS threads terror as you beat on more of them. :v:

Because I play videogames for pretty princess dress up, what skins does the DLC come with?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

redbackground posted:

There aren't any rumors/whatever about Batgirl skins, are there? I'm not saying that a 66 Batgirl skin would be the best thing buuuuuut

Does the DLC not come with any?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

paint dry posted:

It makes sense when you consider that in this incarnation, The Riddler is a moron.

He's not a moron, he just has serious, serious mental health issues.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

The Amazing Spider-Man (2012 game) stole the combat and stealth (poorly) from Arkham. They even stole the 'your suit gets trashed over time' mechanic.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

"No guns. I don't kill. But driving you to ever deeper depths of despair, and ultimately suicide? Eh I'm cool." :batman:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Informants not spawning and only 1/13 Trophies is on the map of Stagg's airships :negative:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Finally figured out how to get the weird White / Gold Batmobile back! It's locked behind Riddler trophies. Unfortunately I've gathered over 100+ of the stupid things in the past two days, and I can't recall which one unlocked it.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

redbackground posted:

WHY THE CHRIST gently caress do the Batmobile controls go all to poo poo once the excavator starts chasing you down a tunnel fffffffffffffffffffff

Use the first person Batmobile :ssh:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

JetsGuy posted:

the batmobile wrecked them all in 10 seconds flat. :downs:

But like, non-lethally, right? :iamafag:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

This stupid game made me realize that I only did the bare storyline of Arkham Origins and now I've started a new game of that :negative:

Game looks really janky (360) compared to Knight.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Just finished all the riddles and got the full Knightfall ending (and cheevo).

Now I'm gonna go play Origins because I hate myself :suicide:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Yeah, making him Not a Kid is lame, because by the time he would be even Tim Drake's age, he'd already be more than qualified to be a full-fledged crime fighter. Damian is probably the most skilled of any of the Robins because his whole childhood has been Sweet Ninja Training.

Isn't he dead before he's Tim Drake's age?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Season pass is :10bux: off on Xbone. Sorely tempted.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

Random afterthought, but Joker mobile and the rest of that ending was awesome, and the white and orange Batmobile sucks, how do I get rid of it?

Change the skin of the the Batmobile the same way you change Batman's skin.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Is that what it was? I went back to Origins and was getting beaten up by every random thug. That's a loving terrible reason to mess with the game's timing :psyduck:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Croc looks like a troll from Harry Potter.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

What if the Freeze fight is a tank fight where he just slaps treads on his already insanely bulky suit and just motors around Gotham :v:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Hallowed posted:

Why is my new bat mobile white?

Black paint is expensive man. You think Bruce Wayne got his billions throwing money around?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I gotta admit, the DLC being so absolutely pathetic makes my decision to buy the game up front instead of waiting for an inevitable GOTY edition acceptable. On Bone, mind you, so it was absolutely fine the whole way through.

I mean, of course there'll be a GOTY version, companies are shameless, but it'll come off as rather tasteless if they release it on PC.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I feel bad for anyone who spent a penny on this game. It's a shame that the season pass was handled so poorly too because there are developers who do them right.

The base game, at least on console, was pretty great and overall I enjoyed it. I'm with you on the DLC though, its an absolute poo poo show.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

redbackground posted:

The one time that really ticked me off was when Bats is tracking AK's radio signal or something and it shows he has to get underneath Not-Grand Central Station or whatever it was called. Of course there are like 30 tanks stationed in front of the entrance. I honestly thought I would be able to, as All Other Standard Batman Protocols dictate, just sneak past them with some clever disrupting/Bat-distracting and they would never even know I was there. Nope! Buckle up, buckaroo, gotta shoot up half the island instead! :bang: I felt extremely un-Batman-like at that point.

If they just put the Batmobile in without the stupid tank combat, I'd have enjoyed it so much more. Whatever person came up with tank combat to justify the Batmobile is a monster.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Good news Xboners, the Season Pass is on sale this week! Only $25.99 for all this amazing content :v:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

God help me, I'm considering the Season Pass because it's on sale.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I'm all about the armoured Batsuits :shobon:

I did the math. 5 challenge packs at $1.99 each plus the Batgirl DLC and I'm basically at the price of the discounted season pass :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

See? It was a value afterall hahahaha

:negative:

Jumped back in to actually do the Knightmare New Game+ mode, and I found something out: If you have the Elite Controller, the Power Winch charging thing is trivial. If you flip the switch to use short-throw triggers on RT, you literally cannot pull the trigger enough to push the needle out of the zone :v:

• Locked thread