Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Neo Rasa posted:

That Gamespot author is already getting death threats for only giving the game a 70% (which seems perfect from what I've experienced so far). As we all expected the first time you use the batmobile is very well done, every other time is really blatant "we made a batmobile, gotta use it as much as possible" padding moment.

Another example that if you just bullshit and give it a 10, people will write death threats later, and if you give it a 7, they'll do it today.

I knew they would just pretty much batmobile batmobile batmobile in your face, the arkham insider was loving annoying at portraying that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Fuckin' A, I'm preloading.

I sure hope that by doing this I got the Dark Knight Steam skin, because I actually liked that story.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

I was quickfiring batarangs with doubletaps of 1 like in the other games, but yes, the special combo takedown is actually Alt+1 which is hilarious.

The gently caress? why not R or T or whatever?

Also I just got a GTX 750 Ti. Judging by the reviews, i am supremely hosed for this game anyway.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jun 23, 2015

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So far the game runs smoothly, even though it's low. I don't really care for fog or any of the nvidia poo poo, however, as soon as i get off work, I am digging into the .ini file to get rid of that godamn motion blur, it's killing everything.

Also, what the poo poo? I got this from Green Man Gaming, a steam key, where's my dark knight and batman beyond skin? I got Harley Quinn DLC so it was a preorder?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
This game is chewing up 7 out of 8 gigs of my ram. I don't think even ARMA 3 could do that with a fuckton going on.

I set the frames to 9999 and it's actually loving working now, wow. I want this motion blur gone though. All of it.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Honest Thief posted:

lol WB on the whole performance debacle http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/June-23-Update-on-PC-Performance-PLEASE-READ-FIRST/m-p/572903#U572903

basically "have you guys tried the settings?"

I ain't ever going to trust WB pc releases, MKX, Batman, don't just kick the sourcecode to an outsourced team and call it a day, this ain't 2003 no more!

What the gently caress.

I am actually getting angry at a video game. They monumentally hosed this up, and I can only play this piece of poo poo game I wanted for like 10 minutes at a time because it's chugging up everything.

At least give me the goddamn courtesy of removing your piece of poo poo motion blur without digging into the .ini file and making it crash.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Controlling Harley Quinn was kinda fun, and I actually was able to finish it because it all took place indoors. The DLC though took like 20 minutes to complete.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
The last game I preordered before Arkham Knight? Sim City 2013.

Godamn everything.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Mogomra posted:

I never had any issues following Firefly. Except when this happened...

The Batmobile would go forward, but I couldn't turn or use the afterburner. Then it started bugging me to flip it over even though it was on all four tires. I tried to get out and get back in, but I fell right through the ground. At least it didn't autosave with me down there. :downs:

Firefly was still way easier than Arkham Knights troop transport dudes, which still weren't that bad. If they gave me 100 more missions to chase after dudes in the Batmobile, I'd be happy.

Jesus, it's like Arkham Origins all over again.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Tell you what though, it's the best combat this series has ever seen. Can't wait until it loving WORKS

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Batmobile and flying still loving up my PC version. This patch did very little to fix my problems and I didn't see any of the new settings in the graphics options.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
These Brutes and the flying assassin attacks are totally throwing off my timing. I used to destroy all these thugs in the last arkham games.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
The Arkham Knight was annoying the piss out of me.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I think it was a better idea to wait for this piece of poo poo game to be on a steam sale for five dollars around December 2016.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

mastajake posted:

Are you guys talking about the Deathstroke fight in Origins? I haven't played it. Because I didn't have a fight against him in Knight; just the tank batle.

For all the poo poo I give Origins, the boss fights were an overall improvement, even if they didn't have a Mr. Freeze fight equivalent.

Deathstroke was a pretty good looking fight.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

ImpAtom posted:

Wow, looking it up, Troy Baker has voiced Batman, The Joker and all three 'main' Robins at one point or another. Jesus, Troy, are you going to be Oracle next?

Nah, I thought it was Roger Craig Smith that did the Origins batman?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Can't you just activate the ending without initiating 100%? If so, where? I'm tired of the riddler.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Kurtofan posted:

Hopefully it's long enough. Like 6 hours long would be nice.

Not only is this poo poo not going to happen, they're probably not even gonna add an AR challenge featuring them.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It's wierd. Getting the Arkham asylum and City off of steam for 5 bucks each I thought was a steal, and Arkham Knight PC I think should be worth that much.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

poptart_fairy posted:

I heard rumours floating about that PC folk who pre-ordered might get the season pass free, similar to that gently caress up with AC: Unity, but I've no clue if that's bullshit or what.

Bullshit. They're not that generous. I'd probably bet a 25% discount, and the original hundred dollar men who got hosed on this deal get some exclusive batmobile skinz.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

ImpAtom posted:

The big problem with the Knight system is this:

The original games had a Wave-based system. Every wave had a specific number of enemies. This lead to an interesting balancing act. You could go for long combos to increase your multiplier but you also wanted to string together as much variation as you could for bonus points. Since there was a limited number of enemies, the variation points were significant and so you had to try to keep stringing things together and getting hard-to-get moves and trying to balance high-point moves with low-damage. There were flaws here but it made sense. Each wave had its own independent scoring system so you could keep it going.

Here? Nope. Variations are now only barely worth going for since you're only graded at the end and while they add to your score it's a much smaller amount. There's no "well, I screwed up this round I'll do better next round." It's only perfect freeflow or nothing.

Yeah, a huge chunk of my hours in the arkham games was trying to top my own score and it was loving great.

Why did they gently caress this up? Why have so little challenges? Why lock it behind a forty dollar season pass godamnit gently caress you

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It was cool to me because It's all in the Batman's head and joker is playing devil's advocate, knowing everything bruce has done to protect the city and all of his failures. It wasn't a Joker trying to keep the cycle going and preserving the mystery of the batman so that this madness never ends, this joker is just making GBS threads on you all the time.

It's a shame that I remember more of the Arkham Knight whining though, because holy poo poo, it never ends.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

oldpainless posted:

How do I get out of the room with the gas within the 30 second time limit?

There's a loving hole on the big wall that closed your route of escape. I didn't see it the first time either.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
That's the thing too, I think it just didn't trigger, because the second time i tried the fight, there was a waypoint that showed up pointing the way.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Okay, I'll admit, I'd like to try out the 1989 batman skin. Too bad I'll only get a chance when (IF) if they fixs the godamn thing by christmas.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
How the gently caress can you make combat better, and not add nearly enough loving challenges to show it off

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
gently caress this piece of poo poo game. Give me a refund Greenmangaming.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Well I guess 2 out of 3 good games ain't bad.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Isn't it kinda hosed up that batman's students (like, say robin, batgirl, nightwing) would...uh study under him for an indeterminate amount of years and all of a sudden this dude who comes out of nowhere prior to city, who knows how to make fiery bat-shaped crop circles...is able to be the successor?

I mean is this like a comic book thing, or something you can actually reason with?

also, seriously, what the gently caress. Rocksteady made too little challenges. Your lovely rear end Arkham Season Pass won't be enough for the content you actually normally put out on your games. It's loving sad that you have to wait until possibly Christmas to get the full game.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I can see it being somewhat enjoyable if you somehow knew to use first person mode beforehand.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm a little late, but the difference between Witcher getting New Game plus for free, and Arkham Knight shipping is that Witcher 3 takes like 150 hours to complete and Arkham Knight takes like 10 if you ignore the riddler bullshit.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I think i'd rather wait until those (loving) cunts (that knew) at rocksteady fix the port, to be honest. Everybody knows at this point.

saw the whole thing on the x box one though, so i might as well refund the PC poo poo and wait a year later when the so-called season pass offers the actual loving game.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 8, 2015

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

redbackground posted:

I thought it was pretty easy as you have a whole bunch more room to maneuver around, too, IIR. If I can beat it the first try, anybody can.

ANYWAY, PC patch update.
It probably won't be out this month, but it looks like it's going to address the big problems.

loving figures.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
That's pretty loving dumb. What, did they think having access to a bunch of maps and being able to pick any character you unlocked was a bad idea?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Also given the amount of DLC you get every month, I highly doubt you'd get actual long lasting content like Seasons of Infamy.

loving laughable.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Anybody got a link to a 90% or 100% save file? I already beat the game on the console a long time ago, but I am waaaaayyy too lazy to do the Ace Chemicals poo poo and I just want the AR challenges unlocked.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
If they called their GOTY PC version the "Okay...How about now?" Edition, i'd be cool with it.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I don't like the Shock Gloves because they replace the crisp rocksteady animations with lovely shock ones someone else made. Also I played enough Arkham Combat that I became accustomed to dealing with enemies with weapons, so when I use up the gloves and hit anything and everything with armor, I skip a beat when it runs out and my great combo ends like a wet fart when i accidentally hit a guy with heavy armor or a shield.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Is it harder than taking down dent in Arkham City? Because that poo poo was pretty tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I played Arkham alot for the combat challenge maps, because they were loving cool as gently caress. But I just can't do it on Arkham Knight because they added like twice as many buttons and added more bullshit enemies to compensate.\

How do you deal with Giant enemies with lightning wristblades again? You just save up your combo points to start a takedown and rid of them as quick as possible?

• Locked thread