Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

bonds0097 posted:

I feel like they made a lot of overt references to Origins in AK, not sure what you mean by it being swept under the rug.

The fact they said it was a "trilogy" is what he's referring to. Nearly all previews said something along the lines of " the exciting finale of this trilogy series. Not once did Rocksteady or the press acknowledged that Origins was part of the Arkham series. But it could have been because Rocksteady forgot. Like this game was suppose to be released on October (which I find funny because this game apparently takes in "Halloween") of last year and not once did they ever mention Origins in their previews. At. All. So I guessed that gave the impression to the fanbase that Origins was not part of the series.

Of course as you said, they reference Origins alot in this game.

edit: Sir you clear underestimate Goons with timelines.

Just look at the goddamn Zelda thread. :v:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jul 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Mr E posted:

After beating the game finally and just youtubing riddler ending crap, I think I overall enjoyed City and even most of Origins more than this game. This is mostly due to the fact that I absolutely hated the batmobbosses and the plot. Not to say that City and Origins had amazing plots, but at least they didn't have a Knight's identity "secret" and had challenge rooms.

Yeah no. Origins had a crappy rear end upgrade tree and big rear end city that was boring to glide around. Not to mention one of the most unfriendliest places to explore later in the game with only one exit.

Plot wise though? Eh.

Joker here was better than Origins Joker. I will concide with Origins still having a better plot because I hate Jason Todd. Really wish he wasn't the Arkham Knight.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It wasn't bad, just the Arkham Knight was just really obvious. I did say Origins was a bit better because it was rear end in a top hat rookie Batman and learning to be less of an rear end in a top hat.

He was just one big rear end whiny brat. I mean I liked Scarecrow. I just wish there were more nightmare inducing story segments like ones similar to Arkham Asylum and what not. I mean sorta did but it just left me wanting more.

edit: If I had to be clear about the plot.

I give Origins a slight edge over Knights but I still enjoyed the plot for Knight. Scarecrow was indeed awesome and John Noble nailed the hell out of it. I mean in Asylum the VA sounded more goofy, but here Noble just sounded down right menacing.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 8, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ImpAtom posted:

That'd be more exciting if he hadn't spoiled he was working on dialogue for AK so everyone guessed he'd show up as a fear hallucination (if not to the extent he did.)

Same as those guys. Media black out for me. :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
My motivation for getting 100 percent is to wipe that smug face off Riddler. People who did it was it worth it? (Gettting all Riddler trophies to stop him)

Cuz Arkham Asylum it was worth it because you hear officers coming in to arrest him.

City, you loving slammed his face in and made him pretend that the bomb attached to him was gonna go off.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Much as I love Rocksteady, their DLC input has been a bit quite lack luster if it ain't a challenge map.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

JackDarko posted:

I take back everything I said. This tunnel boss fight is complete garbage.

You would think they wouldn't do it twice where the camera gets pulled back (cloudburst) when getting chased. Also yeah I died a few times because I was so not used to the batmobile basically riding up the walls and not knowing how to get back down.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Literally Kermit posted:

40 bucks for a season pass? Jesus. Why aren't you people rioting?

I am in the market for a new graphics card (I have a 550ti, and while it runs both Shadows of Mordor and Witcher 3 on lower settings without looking like rear end, it's time for an upgrade). the nvidia gtx 960 looks like it's good for my budget and a hell of a boost!

... And it looks like it comes with a copy of AK oh no oh noooooo :gonk:

Guess they didn't yank all copies?

I think that's a bit more trickier to take off copies off a game with a graphics card. The card comes with a steam code (I had the graphics card that came with Arkham City) , so pretty sure NVIDIA bought codes off WB to promote the card and game. There isn't much WB can do with that.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Spikeguy posted:

I got the game for free when I bought a gfx card to get ready for Witcher 3. And since there were so many issues with this on PC, I've just kinda let it rest there until things work themselves out (if ever). So does anyone have a breakdown and whose fault it is for the PC version. I heard it was done by another company and that Rocksteady had almost nothing to do with it but I don't know what's true or not. I'd like to think that a company that obviously put a lot of effort in this game from how the PS4 version plays wouldn't be happy with a poo poo product that is the PC version, but nothing would surprise me.

Alot of times it's out of the developers hands. Publishers tend to have the last word most of the time in terms of the decision of when a game should be released. I"m pretty sure Rocksteady knew how bad the PC port was but it was out of their hands.

Pretty much WB's fault. I think Iron Galaxy who handled the port did Arkham Origins PC as well. It was pretty buggy at first, playable but buggy. I guess they decided that IG could do it again and booooooooy did that bit them in the rear end.

I hate to sound like a cynical rear end bastard but publishers tend to have that mentality of if it doesn't break the game ship it and just put a day one patch to fix the problems later. Of course with this game it ended up horribly that not even a day one patch could fix it.

I say from experience developers would like to keep a game until it's finish but again, publishers tend to have the last word.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 16, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I guess because it feels like it encourages more and more games to come out buggy, which they have felt for a bit. I know it makes sense business wise.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
No but the whole interest of making another Metroid game is pretty much a pipe dream at this point

And DONT' say that 3DS game that is being made. THAT is not a metroid game. :colbert:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe that means it transforms into a humanoid combat form.

BatGordon confirmed then? :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
No it isn't.

Arkham Asylum is and always will be the best game in the series.

Origins is not even as tight as City with it's backward rear end level designs. There are more things than just it being a safe sequel/prequel game after City that people have complaints about.

Like the goddamn upgrade tree.

It sucks. :colbert:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Nov 1, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Kinda doesn't help that alot of content is catered to the DLC which has been either short or race tracks. I mean I was pretty excited to see the Batman 89 costume and the Batmoblie, only for it to be just race tracks and the skin itself. The skin itself is awesome. The disappointment is the goddamn batmoblie is only useable for race tracks and can't be used in story mode. Something along the lines of the batmoblie isn't suited for advanced combat. I really hope that last dlc with the villeins won't be batmoblie fights.

Goddamn still bitter about Deathstroke. All this build up and you just punch him off.

Bullshit. :colbert:

edit: The funny part, I hate Jason Todd, but I thought the AK stuff was pretty neat. He felt different enough not to be a reskin.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 4, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

redbackground posted:

Reading reviews of Season of Infamy on the WB forums. Apparently it can all be finished up under an hour.
Croc info: it ends with a reskinned Albert King fight lol

Hahahah just wow. Rocksteady how bout you don't do DLCs anymore. Christ.

Just leave it to FromSoft.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Yeah we know for the 10th time about your love for Origins, we don't need another long rear end post of it. (if you wanna know my hostile attitude towards you, all you do is come and drive by posts about how bad Knight and your glee of it's so botched job, while saying Origins is the best. At least the others who show their criticism of Knight stay and explain why)

It's not the best either. Asylum is and always be the best one.

Knight had alot of good and bad. Unfortunately alot of the bad stick out especially with the batmoblie. They tried to make it this end all be all badass vehicle. But it's not. I don't know what drove them to do race challenge or side missions that involved taking out 40 to 20 tanks each. That was just goddamn boring. The sad thing was I remember the preview videos for it and it didn't look that exciting. I know Rocksteady is working on another Batman that apparently won't focus on Arkham. Hopefully they take the feedback and take out the batmoblie and go back to the small world structure of Asylum. This open world just doesn't fit Batman. It almost feels a bit lifeless with references scattered around.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 24, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You know what? That's fair. And I don't hate Origins that badly, it just came out a bad time. It was like what? One year after?

I still stay Asylum is the best though.

Origins would be my top pick if some of the level design wasn't a pain in the rear end in the later things and if some challenges weren't locked behind story mode.

Basically Origins would be number #1 if.

Get rid of that dumb upgrade tree and two?

Hated Joker's storyline. I'm sorry, it just bad timing that he ended up the villain once again. Granted Black Mask isn't really that threatening but I did like the whole hit squad thing, that was cool.

And yeah nothing wrong with changing the subject. At first, I thought it was because WB Montreal handled the DLC with Batgirl (not saying it was bad but I could tell it was them considering Batgirls devices felt weird) made it a bit wonky but Rocksteady isnt' just good at DLCs. Well in terms of length.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

avisgoth posted:

So is this game worth the sale currently going on? PC version on Steam is $23.99...I'm on the fence.

PC performance is still hit and miss. They apparently "fixed" it but I rarely noticed the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

PantsBandit posted:

What do I need to do to get the Batman Beyond skin in Knight?

Is it in a dlc pack?

Yar, DLC pack.

• Locked thread